Final

You've Got [Voice]Mails

The phone rang and rang, but there was no answer. It would always end with the bloody monotonous "I'm currently unavailable so please leave a message after the beep. And if it's you, Jiyong, you better have cleaned the house when I'm home."

 

 

 

(At least Seungri sounded cheerful, Jiyong thought.)

 

 

 

Left with no choice, Jiyong left a message (...or two. Or more. He didn't count.)

 

 

 

“Hey, Seungri, I am lying in our bed, looking at the ceiling. I am mostly . I am thinking of…your ugly goldfish. Yeah, I'm thinking about Mr. Vic. Call me.”

 

 

 

Seungri hadn't called him back thirty minutes later. So he tried to call again, but still it went unanswered.

 

 

 

“Hey, Seungri, I’m bored. I need to be entertained. Youngbae is here with his girlfriend and she is cooking, and you know how she is when she cooks. She’s muted, and so is that good for nothing git, and I may kill him with his precious girlfriend's frying pan. It would give me something to do and also make them say something. Three birds with one stone! But to be honest I find all these old expressions unnecessarily violent. Like, ring around the rosy. That’s about the plague, did you know? Of course you did. God, I’m bored. Call me.”

 

 

 

(Still unanswered, so he called again. And again.)

 

 

 

“Hi, this is Kwon Jiyong speaking. Want to know two true things? One, you’re never picking up this phone. Two, I’m never going to stop leaving long messages. It’s like therapy. And hey, you know what I figured out today? Youngbae is a . I figured it out yesterday, too. Every day I figure it out again. I don’t know what I’m doing here. I feel like there’s no one I can —”

 

 

 

Jiyong wondered if all of his 20 messages were sent to Seungri or the provider decided to delete it, because there was no way Seungri was that cruel to not answer his calls.

 

 

 

Jiyong didn't give up; he kept sending lots and lots voicemails that mostly contain him whining about Youngbae and life in general. But when it was getting late, and Youngbae went inside his room to drag him out and do something beside moping all day, Jiyong sent one last voicemail, and it was short. In the last voicemail, Jiyong said, “I wish you’d answer.”

 

 

 

(Seungri was dead, Youngbae told him, but Jiyong didn't want to hear. Seungri was only busy, Jiyong retorted.)


A/N: Blame the rain if it's too sad. Anyway, add me on snapchat or LINE or Skype so we can talk! I love chatting with fellow shipper and/or fangirl.