Bungee Jumping

Conquering Fears

    Chaerin and Jiyong had agreed to follow Taeyang and you to go bungee jumping that day. It wasn't easy to convince the two leaders as both of them each has fear in heights. It took almost a week to convince them and now, finally, the four of you are on the way to the venue. Both and you Taeyang agreed to a deal that if they did they bungee, the two of you will treat dinner on that day. It sounded like a stupid deal since both you and Taeyang are already paying for the bungee jumping and you two had to also pay for dinner, but Taeyang insisted on getting the two of them to conquer their fears so you had to agree to it as much as you don't want to.

 

    Finally, all of you arrived the venue after an awfully silent and awkward ride. Somehow, you had built some stress in you because you don't like the two leaders being quiet. It felt like as though you had committed a huge crime. It was really one suffocating atmosphere and you can only thanked your phone mentally for existing. The four of you walked to the place and were given the safety harness. You all took it and put it on. After that, all of you followed the guy up to the platform.

 

   "How high is that thing?" Jiyong asked the person who gave them the harness.

   "Six storey," he answered.

   "Okay.." Jiyong uttered.

   "Oppa, are you already freaking out?" You looked at Jiyong and asked.

   "Uh, no.." he answered you and looked at view.

 

   Once at the platform, you stood near the railing and looked at the venue. You were someone who enjoyed sports like this. Being a soloist, you had built stress and this is definitely suitable for you get rid of your stress. It was Taeyang's idea to do this bungee and get the leaders to follow. He wanted them to conquer their fear and he knew you enjoyed doing these kind of things, he felt that it is a great idea to ask you since you are also his labelmate. You turned around and saw Taeyang and Jiyong being entirely calm while Chaerin looked absent-minded. You immediately walked to Chaerin and grabbed her hand, trying to pull her back to this planet.

 

   "Unnie, are you okay?" You asked and looked at her.

   "The baddest female is having a mental breakdown right now," Jiyong answered you, smiling.

  

    All Chaerin can do is smile. You can't help but to laugh at Jiyong's remark. Then, a guy walked towards all of you. All of you diverted his attention to him.

 

    "So, who is going first?" he asked.

    "Me," Taeyang answered casually and walked to the jumping area.

    "What? You jumping now?" Jiyong shrieked and looked at his best friend.

    "Yeah.." Taeyang answered and prepares himself to jump.

    "Are you ready?" the guy asked.

    "Yes," Taeyang answered without hesitation.

 

    The three of you immediately went to the railing when you heard the countdown. Once the countdown ended, Taeyang jumped off doing a backflip in the middle of the air. He was also screaming and laughing, enjoying every second he has in the air.

 

    "YOUNGBAE-AH!!!!!" Jiyong screamed, looking at him.

    "WAAAAHHH!!!" Chaerin shrieked and placed her both hands on her cheeks.

    "Has he landed?" You asked, being the only calm one among them.

    "Is he okay? Is he alive?" Jiyong asked as he looked at his best friend who had just landed.

    "Ask him," Chaerin said as she looked at Taeyang.

    "YOUNGBAE-AHH!!! DID YOU SURVIVED??!!!" Jiyong shouted at his friend.

    "DON'T WORRY!!! I AM STILL ALIVE!!" Taeyang replied his friend from the ground floor.

 

    You laughed out loud when you heard Jiyong shouting like that. Of all the words, he had to use "survive".  And Taeyang's reply made you laughed even harder until your cheeks were tired of laughing.

 

    "How can you laugh at me like that?" Jiyong turned to you.

    "Clearly, he will be okay. That's what the safety harness is for.." you answered him.

    "Seriously, ________," Jiyong shook his head and looked at the jumping area.

    "Oppa, are you going to jump next?" Chaerin asked.

    "Well, if Youngbae can do that, then maybe I can too," Jiyong answered and walked towards the jumping area.

    "Alright," Chaerin looked at Jiyong walking.

    "See you at the ground floor, Hunchae," he smiled.

  

    You and Chaerin stood at the railing once the countdown had begun. Now, you have to convince her to jump down and conquer her fear. Once the countdown ended, the both of you looked at Jiyong. He jumped down, screaming loudly with his hands wrapped around the rope. You then diverted your attention to Chaerin.

 

      "Are you still scared, unnie?" you asked and looked at Chaerin.

      "A little.." Chaerin answered you.

      "You still have to jump though. Your dragon is waiting for you down there," you told her.

      "You do know that bungee jumping is like suicide-," Chaerin tried to explain to you.

      "It's like suicide, but with safety so you will survived," You cut her off.

 

    You watched Chaerin getting stressed out and pressured over this. You knew she had a fear of heights but still, your intention of bringing her here is to let her conquer her fear. You heaved out a sigh while looking at your shoes. Somehow, you felt slightly angry at Jiyong for jumping down without convincing her.

 

     "This is not the unnie I know," you uttered.

     "No, look at how high this thing is," Chaerin answered you.

     "Unnie, this is not the CL I know. The CL I know is charismatic. The CL I know is always brave. The CL I know is a tigress. The CL I know loves to be with the sky. Now that we are so close to the sky, what happened to all that? The one who should be scared is me and the one who should be coaxing me is you. What happened to all that?" you told her off, hoping that she will be convinced to jump down.

    

    You lifted your head and looked at Chaerin. She was being scared. You had always looked up upon her. How she took the stage by storm and how she is always by your side even though you are not a 2NE1 member. She was also the one who went to your house to coax you when you broke up with your first love. She was like a sister to you, together with the other 2NE1 members. You hate seeing her being this way.

 

    "The CL I know hates vulnerability and if you're saying that is not vulnerable, then you are wrong. Jiyong Oppa and Youngbae Oppa are waiting for us down there," you told her, looking at how vulnerable she is being.

    "If so, then you can jump off first," Chaerin uttered and looked at the sky.

    "Until you jump, I am not leaving this platform this platform," you answered her coldly.

    "Why are you being so cold to me?" Chaerin asked and looked at you.

    "Because I want you to prove me wrong! I always look up upon you and I want you to show me that I can always look up upon you! I could have jumped off earlier but I chose not to. Because I know.. You will need me, as much as I always need you.." you answered her, amazed at how honest you were to her.

    "________.." Chaerin uttered, shocked at your words.

    "If the 2NE1 unnie are here, are you going to show this side of you? No, right? Because you are their leader. At least when I get home later, I want to brag to them that I have an amazing Unnie and awesome Oppas. I want to make them jealous for missing out all the fun, even though when we actually didn't invite them. I want to brag to them that Youngbae Oppa was fearless. I want to brag to them that Jiyong Oppa jumped off and showed me aside I never knew. I want to brag to them that my favorite unnie jumped off bravely even though she's scared. I want to make them jealous and envy me because only the four of us witnessed this before our eyes. I want this to be a precious memory even though we all know that most of us are scared.." you spoke your honest feelings towards her.

 

   You expecting her to tell you off or fire back at you but she then hugged you suddenly. You smiled and returned her hug. After awhile, she let go of you. You looked at her.

 

    "You jump first. I want you to look at me from down there when I jump later on," Chaerin smiled.

    "Okay.." you uttered and walked towards the jumping area.

 

    You turned around and saw Chaerin giving you a thumbs up as the people there fixed the harness and safety on you. You smiled and looked ahead of you.

 

    "Are you ready?" the guy asked.

 

   You breathed in and out slowly and then nodded. You begin to hear the countdown and once the countdown hit 1, you jumped off without hesitation, with your arms spread wide. You screamed your lungs out and enjoy the wind before you finally landed to safety. This is really something that you enjoyed. You felt like you were flying for once. You got off your safety harness and runs to Taeyang and Jiyong.

 

   "You left her alone up there?!" Jiyong shrieked and looked at you.

   "Don't worry, she will jump down," you answered him.

 

   All of you looked up at the platform, waiting for Chaerin to jump down. You waited and prayed that she will really jump and hope that the words you said were not going down the drain. And then, you saw a figure jumping down. It was her. She was screaming her lungs out with her hands on her face. CL is being one with the sky. The three of you cheered her on as she jumped down. Once she landed, she immediately remove her safety harness and ran to Jiyong, hugging him tightly.

 

   "Ya, you were awesome!" Jiyong coaxed her as she buried her face on his shoulder.

   "Oppa, it was scary," Chaerin uttered, her voice shaky.

   "Gwenchana.. Gwenchana.. It's over.." he continued to coax her.

   "Unnie! You were amazing!!" You beamed.

   "Ya, I'm proud of you, Hunchae," Jiyong pulled Chaerin off him and took her lips.

   "Well, it looks I can officially brag to them," you grinned, looking at Chaerin.

   "Go ahead," Chaerin smiled at you as Jiyong continued to kiss her face.

   "You two can have your moment while _______ and I wait in the car. We still have a dinner to attend together," Taeyang told them and pulled you towards the carpark.

  

   You waited with Taeyang in the car for almost 45 minutes and there were no signs of the two leaders. You rested your elbow at the window, listening to the songs played on the radio while Taeyang rested his arms and head on the wheel. Your stomach growled loudly since you had skipped lunch earlier today.

 

    "Can we just leave them here? I am starving," you looked at Taeyang and asked.

    "They don't have a car, remember?" he answered you and rested his elbow by the window.

    "But what is taking them so long?" you whined.

    "I have no idea," Taeyang answered you.

    "Seriously? It's only a fifteen minutes walk from that place to the carpark," you spoke your thoughts, irritated by waiting.

    "It's just that, you are not an adult yet so you should might as well keep some innocence in you," Taeyang told you.

    "What do you mean?" you looked at Taeyang and asked.

    "And don't even ask them what they did either," Taeyang told you when he saw the couple walking to the car by the side mirror.

    "Seriously?" you slumped back on your seat and folded your arms.

    "They had been dating for half a year now, so you should expect waiting a longer time when these two are together," Taeyang told you.

   

   You rolled your eyes, irritated by waiting and staying hungry. Then, the leaders opened the door and sat at the back seat together before Taeyang started the engine and drove off. You saw Chaerin's hair which are messy but you prevented yourself from asking her since you had somewhat figured out that they did some dirty things, and want to avoid getting a lecture from Taeyang.

  

    "Sorry to keep you two waiting," Jiyong smiled.

    "Are you still hungry? Or should I send you to your apartment?" Taeyang asked.

    "Well, a deal is a deal," Jiyong answered him with a smile.

    "Okay, let's go," Taeyang answered. "Some people are already irritated for waiting with an empty stomach."

    "Sorry, ______ .." Chaerin apologized to you.

    "It's okay," you answered, looking out of the window.  "Taeyang Oppa had explained to me-"

    "WHAT?! Don't you know that she is not an adult?" Jiyong shrieked, cutting you off and looked at Taeyang.

    "What the hell?!" Taeyang answered and glanced at you. You know you have to cover this up some way or another.

    "What are you thinking? Taeyang Oppa told me that you went to go for another jump since you enjoyed it," you told Jiyong.

    "Ah, yes.. He went for another great jump," Chaerin smiled.

    "See? Next time listen to people fully before jumping off to conclusion," Taeyang told Jiyong off.

    "Alright.. So, where are we eating?" Jiyong asked.

    "YG Cafeteria. I want to save some money," Taeyang answered casually and smiled.