Goodbye

Missing You~♥

September 3rd. That was suppose to be his wedding day. The most joyous of days for him and him. It was suppose to be a happy day, full of smiles and joy. It was suppose to be the most memorisable day ever. Fate isn't kind. 

Myungsoo had heard of the shock that happened. Another plane, shot down in Ukraine. Myungsoo didn't go full into the detail. Skimmed through the article, felt sad for the passengers who were originally on that plane, and moved on, waiting. 

"It'll be okay Myungie. I'll be back I promise! It's just some overseas work that needs to be done and Sunggyu can't finish it off because his wife is about to be in labour. I'll be back 2 hours beforehand, arrasso?"

"Arrasso. Stay safe, Jongie." 

"Saranghae!" 

"Oh, Saranghae!"

That was the last words they shared before Sungjong, his to-be wife, took a plane to Amsterdam in Ukraine for some unfinished buissiness. Myungsoo didn't even think about the plane crash as he got into his car and sped off to the airport. Ready, to pick up Sungjong. 

As he pulled up into a car park, he got a call from his best man, Sungyeol, Sungjong's brother. 

"Myungsoo?" 

"Oh, Sungyeol? Is there anything wrong? I'm at the airport, Sungjongie will be coming out in about 20 minutes. Are you here yet?" 

"That's the thing, Myungsoo. He isn't coming." Sungyeol's voice was thick with worry and tears. 

Myungsoo didn't understand. 

"Sungyeol what do you mean? Are you okay? You sound like you've been crying." 

"Myung-myu-Myungsoo. Sungjong was on that place that crashed an hour ago." 

He was on that plane. 

Myungsoo's eyes widened. He dropped his phone and it landed on his lap. His eyes turned glassy. 

Before he knew it, he was on the airport floor, struggling against Sungyeol's arms as he tried to understand. Tried to understand. 

"You're kidding me right?! Is this some cruel joke?!"

Myungsoo's cheeks burned as hot tears swelled and fell down his cheeks. He should have taken care of Sungjong better. He shouldn't have let him go. What was he thinking?!

"All passengers on plane flight MH317 are confirmed dead. I repeat, all passengers on plane flight MH317-" 

Are dead. 

Myungsoo screamed. His heart hurt and his head banged. He could feel Sungyeol's tears on his shoulders. Myungsoo couldn't bear it. 

"Give me your phone Sungyeol-ah." 

Myungsoo dialed Sunggyu's number into Sungyeols worn and tired Nokia phone and he pressed it to his ear. 

"Hello?"

"You bastard!" 

"Myungsoo I-I'm" 

"Why did you have to make him go? Why the hell did you have to make him go huh Sunggyu? Because thanks to you, he's dead! He's dead you little bastard and it's all your fault!!"

"Myungsoo..."

Myungsoo was in hiesterics. His eyes were bloodshot when Sungyeol took the phone and apologised to Sunggyu. Myungsoo curled himself on the floor as his cries wracked his body. 

The next say was suppose to be his wedding day. He was suppose to be in his tux, he was suppose to be lawfully wedded with his one true love. Sungjong was supposed to turn 20 today. 

Myungsoo's tightened around his coffee mug. His eyes tearing up. 

Sungjong-ah...are you safe? Do you have everything you need? I miss you so much Jongie...I love you so much. 

Happy birthday Sungjong. I miss you. 

Myungsoo carefully wrote these words down as he slowly laid the letter next to his photo. Tears running down his face, he traced Sungjong's features. 

Goodbye

I'm missing you.

Always.