chapter 2

tis our moment in time

Soojung had finally conceived. Jinri told me that Soojung and Jongin had been trying for a long time.

They had gotten married three years ago and after one month, Jongin left for the army, and I followed suit two weeks later. Jongin had hoped that by the time he returned, Soojung would not be the only family waiting for him, but unfortunately, she suffered a very early miscarriage. Jongin couldn't even return to help Soojung cope with the grief. Jinri, who had just given birth to Shinae, had been Soojung's light, her hope in Soojung's time of depression. She had made her believe in giving it another go so when Jongin returned, they did try again. However, even after a whole year, there was still no sign of a baby.

There had been many factors causing them to be less likely to conceive considering Soojung's early miscarriage, her petite frame and her on/off menstrual cycle. Somehow though, a miracle had occurred and Soojung is already 6 weeks in.

I am content for Jongin. He had always told me that he had wanted kids so his future wife had to be as healthy as possible in order to reproduce. Though then he met a girl who had always lacked in the reproduction hormones department, but his love surpassed any requirements he had from her.

Thus, our wedding day had turned out to be more emotional than expected. We had given them our congratulations for the baby, as they gave us theirs for our wedding. It was a beautiful day.

  

Now, we are sitting in a plane, heading to Japan for our honeymoon. It broke my heart when we parted from our daughter, leaving her at Jinri's parents while we were away. Jinri promised to bring her back a present so she eventually latched off of Jinri's leg and immediately began playing tag with her grandfather.

Jinri leans her head on me, holding onto her stomach. She never liked plane rides, saying that they make her queasy. I hold her hand throughout the entire ride, my grip becoming less firm as sleep begins overtaking me.

Early morning, the plane lands noisily and the brusque moments awake us. Jinri stretches and gives me a loving smile with excitement sparkling in her eyes.

Hours later, when we find our last luggage, Jinri and I walk through the entrance of the hotel, hand in hand. We are escorted to our suite and as the door closes, I finally heave a sigh of relief. I'm finally alone with her. I love our happy little family of three but being alone with just her as two people, a couple, lovers, soulmates, is a completely different feeling.

Jinri meticulously begins unpacking her bags, asking me whether she should leave my evening dress shirt for now and take my swim shorts out, if she should wear the flowery dress or the one that matches the color of the ocean. I shake my head at her, and take her by surprise as I quickly lift her in my arms.

"It's our honeymoon. We are here to enjoy. You will not stress unless I am drowning in the ocean, got it?" I look up into her eyes with a stern expression, but my tone is very playful.

Jinri punches me really hard on the shoulder so it catches me off guard and I stumble backwards until my balance is no longer any use to me and I fall onto the bed with Jinri on top of me.

I look up at her, knowing I probably look pathetic with my hair laid out messily on the bed. A part of me wants to see her laugh at me, at her idiot husband but I don's see any source of happiness in her eyes. She looks distraught and very troubled.

Eventually when I continue looking up at her, with a perplexed expression, she utters: "Don't say dumb stuff like that. I don't want to lose you again." She is on the brink of tears and I realize that I have never managed to comfort her with my words. I could compose and string words that would become lyrics to popular songs but I never wrote the right song to Jinri's heart.

I lift my head up, in a sit-up manner, with Jinri still sitting on my thighs. As I carefully get a look at her, I notice the wrinkles beside her eyes, damaging her once young face. Her complexion is no longer the same youthful one that makeup brands use to brag about.

With a hand holding her tiny waist, I put the other on her cheek and she lifts her chin, her eyes lost somewhere in a world of anxiety and doubt.

I give her a kind smile, as if I'm the devil, giving her some comfort in the hell she's in. "I am not leaving you again. I promise that on my life."

Jinri nods reluctantly, still being consumed by doubt.

"You need to trust me on this one. That's the only way you'll overcome your fear." She nods again, a bit more promisingly this time.

My eyes crease in a loving manner as I continue leaving my touch on her cheek. I lean in and whisper, "I love you," watching her expression with hopeful eyes.

She gives me a kind smile, her cheeks red from blushing, and I press my lips onto hers. I hold her close, as a way of showing her through my gestures that I'm not going anywhere. That I'm right here with her.

She understands my actions somehow because she wraps her legs around me as well as her arms around my neck and kisses me back.

As we continue our make out session, our bodies fitting perfectly against each other's, our breathing heavy, I smile on her lips. I truly missed this.

  

The sun was setting. After playing in the water all day, I felt completely satisfied.

Hand in hand, we leisurely took a stroll on the beach, Jinri's wet black hair bundled in high ponytail, her knotted cardigan draped over her beach body.

It had been so long since we had even got out in public like this, a peaceful walk with no destination in mind unlike the stressful dates our company would provide us with. A tacky restaurant, a tackier meal and we weren't even allowed to dress accordingly because 'what if someone saw us unmasked in a somber, idol-use only restaurant.'

Remembering those days when even meeting each other was a struggle, I can’t even begin to count my blessings.

Jinri smiles warmly at me and the glow of the sunset outlining her visage with the combination of the ocean's warmth breeze, I feel like life is perfect.

That night we have a cold, exotic drink on our hotel's balcony. Jinri gazes into the enchanting night sky with the moon adding infinite, natural lighting on the calm sea, as it lulls the creatures of the sea to sleep.

I don't know how or when but somehow her lips press against mine softly, her fingers holding lightly on the collar of my white shirt. My drink finds a safe spot on the ledge of the balcony and with my hands unoccupied, I hold her close, kissing her back. Moments later, I am carrying Jinri into our room with her legs now wrapped around me, my foot professionally sliding the balcony door behind us.

I drop her gently on the bed as her arms latch off me, followed by her legs. I notice how perfectly her long locks cascade against the white bed sheet as she begins ing my shirt. My hands also touch her in adult places that incites her to moan in pleasure. And just like that, after three or so long years of waiting and wanting, a night of passion, lust, and love fills the Japanese sky. 

Jinri becomes mine, I become hers and we become one.

  

A/N: Sot that's chapter 2. Let me know what you think with some comments down below. Subscriptions and upvotes are appreciated a lot :) Next update will be this weekend.