Two Melodies

Two Melodies

Two Melodies.

A/N: 4k+ worth of pure word vomit with maybe some kind of plot mixed in there. More notes at the end. Enjoy!!

Luhan likes routine: everything has a place and a purpose and for it to not be in it's place for it's purpose would drive him mad. Luhan is such a fan of routine that he's gone to the same cafe, ordered the same drink and the same dessert, and sat at the same table on the same three days of the week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) for the past three years.

"Are you sure this isn't some kind of tick or illness? Maybe it was caused by trauma you had to deal with when you were a kid and you've blocked it out." Minseok, psychology major and Luhan's best friend who works at the cafe, had asked him one day at the end of Luhan's first year coming to the place. Luhan had snickered at Minseok's worried expression and then went on to explain his reasoning.

"I like order; it makes me feel more in control in places where I usually wouldn't. If Ididn't have some kind of order, I'd probably be failing some of my classes like you are." Luhan had turned around on him pointedly.

"It's not my fault the English teacher doesn't like me." Minseok had said for about the hundredth time since he'd started taking the advanced English course at the beginning of the first semester. Luhan can still feel Minseoks' eyes lingering on him with his analytical stare sometimes, but he pays it no mind and quells Minseoks thoughts with wide smiles.

~~~~~~

Luhan may be nice when it comes to most things (almost everything if you ask Minseok), but there are certain things that he can just barely tolerate without losing his mind. Luhan does not like it when problematic things and/or people get in the way of his order and right now, as he walks into the cafe, he can see that he just might lose his mind today. He walks up to his table that has always been reserved for him on the three days that he comes in, then walks over to the counter. Minseok sees him and looks a like a mixture of terriefied and sad.

"Before you say anything, Chanyeol didn't know and I was running late because of a test for my English class and, once again, Chanyeol didn't know. Sorry, Luhan." Minseok says Luhan feels like he's on the verge of mass homicide and a slight panic attack; Luhans never been good at making friends as the previous statement would show. Luhan, instead, smiles at Minseok genuinely, takes his coffee and his two pieces of coffee cake, and walks over to his table only to be met with one of the most attractive faces he's ever seen sitting in his seat. His brain to mouth function starts to work when the man looks up at him with a bored-looking face and a small smile on it.

That's my seat.” Luhan could kick himself. Of all the things he could have said, of all the ways he could have worded that, he words it like a two year old trying to get his toy back from a bully. The guy just laughs and Luhan grimaces because, even though this guy is probably the most attractive person he's seen in...a while, his pretty face won't save him from that crazy thatt appears when Luhan's order is messed with.

And why is it so important for you to sit in this particular seat? There is a seat right across from me you know?” The guy points out and, if Luhan hadn't had to explain this at every restaurant and cafe in town, he would have been caught off guard.

I have to sit here because this chair is my favorite shade of green, there's a plug right under the table so I don't have to stretch my laptop cord out too long, and the table offers a great view of outside so I know the perfect time to start heading home. That's why.” Luhan explains feeling just as bored as the guy looks. He used to be semiconscious when he'd explain this to other people, but it's been years since he's learned to not care and this is no exception to the not caring rule. The guy smiles up at him and vacates his seat but, instead of going to one of the many empty tables (Wednesday isn't a very busy day), he sits right in the seat across from Luhan.

Go ahead, I won't bother you much.” The guy tells him and Luhan is stunned. By this time, anyone who's ever had to hear his drawn out speech about why he sits where he sits and why he does what he does, they're ready to flee away from the insanity so this is much more than a surprise. Luhan after he's situated the boy speaks.

Name's Sehun by the way. So are you like, OCD or something?” Sehun asks him as he boots his laptop up. Luhan inwardly sighs because this question is more common than people asking for his first name.

No, I'm not. At least, I'm not diagnosed, but I could have some mild form of OCD or just another type of Mental Illness* but who knows really?” Luhan responds monotonously mostly to himself. But the boy across from him smiles a little.

You know, you're weird. I like it.” And those are the words that start some sort of relationship that Luhan can't actually name which should bother him, but it doesn't, not in the least.

~~~~~~~

Sehun move, you know that's my spot now move.” Luhan says pushing at Sehun's shoulder weakly.

Why do you think I always sit here?” It's been over a month since the day they met. Luhan and Sehun have hung out every single day since then. Sehun has, of course, been trying to get Luhan to drop his schedule for just one day to no avail since the second day they met up at the cafe.

Come on Lu, there's nothing wrong with not having everything scheduled or missing some scheduled things for once in your dull little life.”

My life's not dull and you're not helping your case much to be honest.” Luhan says glancing up from his screen to look at Sehun disdainfully.

Please? Just this once can you break your routine? For me?” Damn Sehun and his puppy dog eyes because now Luhan is in a glow in the dark bowling alley with no earthly idea what he's doing because “You've never bowled before?!” Sehun asks in quite an exclamatory fashion.

Shhh, you're yelling. And no, I've never been bowling before ok? It never fit in to my schedules.” Luhan says forlornly. Sehun laughs at his expression and pulls Luhan into his arms. He guides Luhan's hand holding the neon green ball close to Luhan's chest and guides him forward by his waist.

See, it's easy. Just move your arm like this, then lean, and now throw.” Sehun says and aids Luhan with throwing the ball. The ball rolls right down the center of the lane and knocks over all the pins. Luhan smiles and Sehun laughs and hugs him. Sehun starts bouncing them up and down and Luhan follows suit and he feels something he's never really felt before but he isn't quite sure what the name of it is. While that would usually bother him, Luhan finds himself not thinking about it for even a moment.

Once Sehun finds that he can pull Luhan out of his self-made schedules, he starts to do it more often and a multitude of things happen: driving two and a half hours to get to Gyeongpo Beach, having a picnic right on the outskirts of Seoul, stargazing while there's homework to be done and, Sehun's favorite, skipping class to go get food from street vendors in Busan. Luhan has still been trying to stick to his schedule but, more often than not, Sehun finds a way to talk him into going new places and trying new things against Luhan's better judgment.

Sehun, can I for once please go to the cafe without you say something or dragging me out early? I miss their coffee cake and lattes and the silence that comes with you not whining for me to go somewhere when I tell you no.” Luhan tells him pointedly one Friday. Sehun has sort of moved into Luhan's apartment with him without Luhan actually paying much attention and now Luhan's become so accustomed to the nuisance being there that it didn't bother him half as much as it would have in the past.

Fine, but you're treating me to the most expensive coffee they have.” Sehun tells him sticking his tongue out at him. Luhan swats at it and Sehun his fingers. Luhan pulls his fingers away and wipes them on Sehun's shirt. The little brat looks pleased with himself so it's only natural that Luhan will want to hit him in the head. Which he does. Repeatedly. “Ow, ow, ow, ok the second most expensive thing on the menu.” Sehun says. Luhan laughs and throws an arm around Sehun's shoulder as the walk into the cafe. At that exact moment, a multitude of things happen: Minseok lifts his head up quickly from one of the tables with a line of drool down his chin, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol, two others workers at the cafe, pull away from each other with wide eyes and kiss swollen lips, Sehun is so surprised that he trips on nothing and he then brings Luhan down to the ground with him in a heap of laughter.

Don't you knock?” Chanyeol asks angirly down at the two as Kyungsoo hides his face in Chanyeol's shoulder. After Luhan, Sehun, and Minseok have finally stopped laughing to the point that they can't breath, Luhan decides to answer him.

This is a public cafe, we don't have to knock to come in and you two shouldn't be so obvious.” Luhan kinda sorta scolds the two still laughing.

Well, if you had been paying attention, you would have seen that the closed sign is up.” Kyungsoo points out and Luhan and Sehun look this time. Huh, it really does say closed.

You could at least lock the door dumb dumbs.” Sehun tells them looking serious.

We didn't think that far ahead.” Chanyeol says with a protective arm wrapped around Kyungsoo's waist and a hand scratching at the back of his neck.

You were too busy trying to each others faces off.” Minseok says groggily.

Oh, like you and Yifan don't do the same when no ones around.” Kyungsoo says as he grabs Chanyeol's hand and stomps to the back with Chanyeol following obediently.

Yifan? That tall runway model hot guy? Since when are you two acquainted?” Luhan asks him looking both surprised and proud. No one's been able to get into Yifan's pants and now, whether Minseok has gotten into Yifan's pants or not, the fact that he's progressing just makes Luhan feel like a proud parent.

Since about four months ago.” Minseok explains and suddenly the guilt hits Luhan. He hasn't been around at all much since he started hanging around Sehun and now he feels like a bad friend.

Minseok, I'm –”

Don't apologize Luhan. It's fine, I see you've been,” Minseok looks Sehun up and down and smiles “busy lately. It's fine you know, you are allowed to have other friends.” Minseok tells him with a smile gracing his adorable little face. Luhan smiles at him and leads Sehun to, surprisingly enough, a different table than his usual. Minseok looks at him suspiciously and feels his forehead with the back of his hand.

Are you ill? Please tell me you aren't dying.” Minseok says with comically wide eyes.

No, I'm fine. Just decided to switch it up today.” Luhan says half-heartedly swatting at his hand and smiling widely.

I don't know what kind of drugs you're giving him, but keep it up because I like seeing him look happy.” Minseok says to Sehun and Luhan scoffs.

No drugs, just an annoyingly sweet guy who refuses to let me do things the way I want to.” Luhan explains. Minseok notices their intertwined fingers but decides not to point that out.

Well, you wanted to know about me and Yifan, right?” Minseok asks and Luhan nods eagerly. “Well, we actually just –”

Hey babe.” Sehun looks up and, wow, he is runway model hot. In walks a tall guy with piercing eyes and full lips on a small mouth. His sandy brown hair falls just over his eyebrows and even Sehun has to admit that the guy is freaking stunning. Tall guy goes over to Minseok and kisses him full on the lips, no hesitation or bashfulness about him. Minseok almost forgets that Luhan and Sehun are there. Almost.

Hi baby. My friends are here.” Minseok says against Yifan's lips. Yifan looks over at the two and they smile and wave.

Hey, I'm Yifan, Minseoks' boyfriend.” Yifan says waving at the two as Minseok turns multiple shades of red.

You don't always have to introduce yourself as my boyfriend you know?” Minseok tells him still blushing. Yifan leans down and kisses his cheek.

Yes, yes I do.” Yifan says as he pulls up a chair. “So, what are we talking about?” Yifan asks the three.

You of course.” Luhan says unabashedly with a wide smile.

Should I be flattered?” Yifan asks them linking his gigantic hand with Minseoks tiny one. (Sehun has a thing for hands, what of it?)

Well, since we did say you were runway model hot, no, you shouldn't.” Sehun says with a smile as wide as Luhan's had been. Yifan lets out a deep laugh and Minseok looks absolutely smitten.

Sounds like they're trying to take me from you Minseokkie.” Yifan says with a hand cupping Minseoks jaw.

They couldn't take you away if they tried.” Minseok explains and Luhan looks just as scandalized as Sehun feels.

Well someone's cocky aren't they Sehun?” Luhan states more than asks but Sehun still nods.

We're hot too you know?” Minseok chuckles and Yifan kisses his hand.

Yeah, you guys are hot, but I wouldn't let you guys steal him from me, not any time soon at least.” Yifan pushes his hand away playfully and Minseok laughs.

You guys still haven't told us how you met. Come on, I need details.” Luhan tells them. Yifan nods.

Minseok said you would,” Luhan spares a glare at Minseok, but it doesn't last long because Yifan starts to tell the story. “Well, you know how Minseok is taking that art class right?” Yifan asks and Luhan nods attentively. “Well, we're both taking that class because apparently I can't draw.” Yifan says and Minseok laughs enchantingly.

Babe, I love you, I do, but you can't draw. Like, at all.” Minseok supplies with a bright smile and a laugh in his voice.

Anyway, so we've been taking this class, and like the first day, the teacher told us that we had to do portraits of the person beside us and, obviously, Minseok sits beside me. So, I start to draw and I was hardly even looking at the paper because here was this cute little guy with chubby cheeks smiling up at me and I could hardly focus on keeping from making an idiot of myself let alone on a piece of paper.” Yifan says.

So we get to the end of the class and everyone has drawn these pretty good portraits and I look at mine and I would have been offended if he wasn't so cute. I remember hearing everyone, including you Luhan, talking about him like he was some kind of god and, while he was attractive, he seemed dorky to me.” Minseok tells them. He and Yifan's hands are still linked and Luhan almost squeals at just how cute the two are together. He's very in touch with his feminine side thank you very much.

And then when I went to talk to him afterwards, I tripped and actually fell right on my face in front of him.” Yifan tells them. Sehun notices that his thick eyebrows move comically as he talks.

Thankfully for his ego, no one was in the hall with us. Anyway, I rushed over to help him up and his nose was bleeding and Luhan, you know how I am with blood right?” Minseok asks him.

Well, I remember when you went with me to get blood drawn and you passed out so...yeah I do.” Luhan tells him.

Well, I almost passed out, but this cute guy was in pain so, of course, I had to help him up. Obviously, he towers over me, so while I was supposed to help him walk, it was more of him walking with his arm around my shoulders as I lead him to the nurse.”

Well, low and behold, the nurses office was really busy so we were instructed to wait outside of her office for a while. He sat me down and asked if I was ok, then we started talking.” Yifan adds on.

Turns out, we have all the same favorite authors, foods, drinks, and hang out places. Then he asked for my number and of course I gave it to him.” Minseok says, the 'duh' apparent in his voice.

We started texting and calling and finally, one night, I asked him if he wanted to grab a burger or something.” Yifan says kissing Minseoks forehead. Minseok laughs and beams up at him.

It wasn't the most glamorous date I've ever had, but it was definitely great. He was funny and sweet and, now here we are, like 2 weeks from our four month anniversary.” Minseok says. There's a chorus of aww's around the room, apparently Chanyeol and Kyungsoo had joined the two couples at some point, and Minseok and Yifan both blush a deep red.

Ohh, Kyungsoo, tell them how we met.” Chanyeol prods Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo rolls his eyes.

This really annoying kid is my roommate and I think he's kinda cute sometimes so there.” Kyungsoo states plainly. The others laugh as Chanyeol's face falls.

You're no fun. Since you won't tell it, I will.” Chanyeol says Kyungsoo looks mortified, but Chanyeol kisses him and he shuts up. “Well, it's simple really, when we first moved into our rooms, I had this obnoxious roommate named Taemin who was always making out with his boyfriend Jonghyun, so I requested to switch rooms with him. He jumped at the chance obviously and it turns out his roommate was this cute little guy with wide eyes and an adorable smile.” Chanyeol says glancing lovingly at Kyungsoo who is not making eye contact with anyone.

So this guy with the wide eyes and the cute smile absolutely hates me. He says, and I quote, 'you're obnoxiously loud and too happy for a sane person, please leave' but I somehow convinced him to let me stay.”

You mean you begged and pleaded so you wouldn't have to get your quote eyes violated by your ert of a roommate?” Kyungsoo supplies.

Anyways, so after he begrudgingly let me stay, we started talking some. Now, that was at the beginning of the year., he's just now letting me talk about us in public.” Chanyeol tells them lifting Kyungsoo and sitting him on his lap. Kyungsoo half heartedly hits his chest and Chanyeol laughs deep and hearty.

So, after many, many months of him groveling for me to go out on a date with him, I finally said yes.” Kyungsoo says and not-so-subtly leans back into Chanyeol's embrace.

And?” Chanyeol persists poking his side until Kyungsoo sighs.

And, for some reason, I actually started kinda liking him. He made me laugh when most people couldn't and his stupid smile made me laugh too. For some reason, I've been with this dummy for seven months.” Kyungsoo says.

It's been seven months and you still don't let him talk about your relationship?” Luhan asks him.

Yeah, because he always gives out too much information.” Kyungsoo states plainly.

Telling people about that night in the girls locker room isn't –” Kyungsoo smacks a hand over his mouth with wide eyes.

See what I mean? I can't take you anywhere without you trying to tell that story.” Kyungsoo says rolling his eyes. He moves his hand from Chanyeol's mouth and Chanyeol smiles up at him suggestively.

Well, you can take me to the bedroom and I won't even remember that story.” Chanyeol wiggles his eyebrows suggestively. Kyungsoo laughs and hits him again.

Shut up.” Kyungsoo tells him with pink cheeks.

So, how did you guys start dating?” Yifan asks Sehun and Luhan.

Oh, we're not –” Sehun swiftly cuts Luhan off.

Shy about telling our story at all. Well, at least I'm not.” Sehun says with a laugh. Before Luhan can say anything, Sehun starts telling their story. “Well, actually we met right in this coffee shop. I had seen Luhan around the shop multiple times and I kinda figured he hadn't noticed me, so one day, I decided to be bold and sit in his seat one day. I actually almost lost my nerve, but right as I was deciding to leave, he walks up to me and, with the cutest mad face I've ever seen, says 'That's my seat'. I was so stunned, I could hardly say anything, but I smirked and hoped he couldn't see the nervousness behind it and said 'And why is it so important for you to sit in this particular seat? There is a seat right across from me you know?' and he looked bored before telling me about his obsessive tendencies.” Sehun explains in vivid detail.

They're not obsessive ok? I just like order.” Luhan defends as he subconsciously leans into the arm that is not draped possessively over his shoulder.

They're obsessive. Anyway, I just loved talking to him after that and I made it my mission to get him out of his stiff tendencies. Like, for our first date, I took him bowling – can you believe he's never been bowling before – and we had a blast.” Sehun's voice fades out a little after that and Luhan stares at him dreamily. The way Sehun talks makes it sound so real, as if he actually has feelings for Luhan. Luhan watches his small lips move as he continues to tell the story of the lovers that are supposed to be he and Luhan and he's absolutely entranced.

Shoot, Chanyeol, we're gonna be late for dinner. My mom said she'd kill us if we were late to another family dinner.” Kyungsoo says as he looks at his watch. “Well, you guys are really cute, and I'd love to stay and gush over how adorable Sehun and Luhan are, but we gotta go. C'mon Yeol, pick up the pace.” Kyungsoo demands looking nervous, irritated, and in love all at the same time. Chanyeol stands and Kyungsoo pulls him out of the cafe with only their scent lingering. Sehun looks at the clock on the wall.

Actually, he's right, it is kinda late. I'm gonna Luhan home, you two enjoy the rest of your evening.” Sehun says as he stands and holds a hand out to Luhan. Luhan grasps it and waves goodbye to Yifan and Minseok as he's lead outside. Sehun walks happily in front of him happily humming to a tune Luhan's heard somewhere before Luhan asks.

Did you mean it?” Luhan asks softly tugging at the ends of his sweater. It's been a pretty chilly day to be in July, but a light sweater was enough for Luhan. Sehun turns around and Luhan expects him to laugh in his face, but instead Sehun's eyes flicker down to his lips for a brief moment.

Did you want me to?” Sehun asks. Luhan rolls his eyes. Sehun steps into his space and Luhan can feel his breath on the tip of his nose. “I meant everything I said in there by the way. The only reason I sat in your spot was to get your attention.” Sehun whispers to him. Luhan can feel himself pulling closer to Sehun and, before he knows it, their lips meet in a simple kiss. A few months ago, Luhan wouldn't have even been at the cafe this late at night listening to stories about his friends relationships. A few months ago, Luhan was obsessed with order, but now, thanks to a bored looking kid who refuses to sit down for two minutes, he hasn't had any sort of routine.

Sehun was a different melody than Luhan; there were a bunch of crescendos and decrescendos and sixteenth notes with fast tempos that never halted or ceased in Sehun's melody while there were only whole notes and whole rests in Luhans' own melody. Sehun and he clashed, and he knew it, but there was a certain beauty to the way the two melodies met as Luhan and Sehun kissed. The melodies wouldn't always go together, they would hardly ever match, but the sincerity in the kiss assured Luhan of one thing: He and Sehun's melodies with each other were the perfect mix of clashing and harmony, and Luhan wouldn't have it any other way.

A/N: So remember how I told you at the beginning that this was 4k's worth of word vomit...yeah, I wasn't lying. I don't know why I said melody/melodies at the end so much, but anyway. This was supposed to be strictly Hunhan, but then Chansoo and Xiuris happened and well... Someone should take this laptop away from me so I'll stop spewing this awful vomit all over your feeds. Anyway, hope you enjoyed this pretty pointless and rambly story, don't hate me too much because this is my very first Hunhan story. Constructive criticism is welcome and just cussing me out is welcome too as long as you do it in the comment section. Have a nice morning/afternoon/evening lovlies!!!!! Also, I don't own the picture(s) used, I only own the fiction and any mistakes made are my own.