His Story

LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

* 2006 *

 

Today marks the day of BIGBANG's official debut. I've always thought my brother, Youngbae, and I was going to debut as a duo, but my company had a different plan. Along the way my friend Seunghyun joined us after losing weight, and then there came two more trainees that joined us after winning the battle, which was shown in our documentary show. Their names were Daesung and Seunghyun. Ah, there's two Seunghyun's in the group so we went with stage names after debating with our seniors in the company. Youngbae went with Taeyang, Seunghyun went with T.O.P, Daesung stayed with his name, and our maknae Seunghyun went with Seungri.

I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Kwon Jiyong, now known as G-Dragon.

 

* 2007 *

 

Our hard work had finally paid off. We had a breakthrough song called Lies, which I'm proud to say that I composed and was supposed to be my solo song, but my president and mentor decided it would be better off as a group song. I'm happy that our group is gaining recognition.

This year marks the year I met a nine member group called Girls' Generation. They just debuted with a song called Into the New World, and have this kick choreography that makes guys drool. All of them were pretty of course, what else do you expect out of my old company, SM Entertainment? If I can vividly recall, we were all shy when meeting each other off camera. We met them through a program called Manwon Happiness that our maknae got to be on. Unlike him, the rest of the members were shy to approach them as our looks aren't really what you call handsome or pretty boy.  It was a simple meeting with the nine girls. Once we were off camera everyone individually greeted each other. It was very awkward. Our maknae being the guy he is, he initiated conversations with them to loosen the atmosphere and we all began to talk. We were told by our respective companies not to get too close with each other as fans can be very scary, especially ours. Sorry my VIPS.

 

* 2008 *

 

We thought we had a chance in Japan without speaking any of the language at all when releasing our album there. Nope, that didn't happen. I can say we failed, but we at least tried. I have a lot of respect for BoA and TVXQ that were so successful there especially being Korean.

Continuing from our successful year in 2007, we released more songs that became number one hits such as Sunset Glow, Haru Haru, Last Farewell, just to name a few. Oh, our maknae got a solo that did well too. Our album Remember sold for 200,000 and more. It was a remarkable feat for us.

My brother, Taeyang, had released his mini solo album that did very well. It was topping charts and he was winning a lot of trophies and awards. I had the chance to write the lyrics for his intro song and a song called Baby I'm Sorry.

BIGBANG's friendship with Girls' Generation has improved since the previous year. You could say we were close, but we were not allowed to publicize our friendship as it would be a scandal. I became friends with various members such as Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, Yuri, Tiffany, Taeyeon and Jessica. We talked a lot about music and life. I mentioned to them about my time at SM, since they asked me how it was.

It was a tragic moment for VIPs when one of my members got hurt in a car accident. It was really serious and he was in need of a surgery. It took a toll on the whole group.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I became known as a fashionista too.

 

* 2009 *

 

This year we tried again in Japan, only this time releasing songs in Japanese. We had multiple collaborations with various people such as our labelmates known as the female BIGBANG and Kim Yuna, our korean treasure of skating.

I had solo promotions this year, releasing my album Heartbreaker. This album meant a lot to me. It was my first step into venturing out of BIGBANG with the music I create, and of course with the help of my hyungs. I had various artists feature into my songs for my album. It was a blessing for me to work with them. I also had the chance to release this album on my birthday, which was very special to me at heart. The work and effort that I put into this album made me feel very special, but of course it was a coincidence since my comeback got delayed. My album sold for more than 200,000. It was something I was very proud of and I couldn't be anymore happier for my VIPs that supported me.

There were bad things that happened this year also. The first one was plagiarism issues with an American artist named Flo Rida. It was later solved that it wasn't plagiarism, and I even had the honor for him to feature on my song for the live album. I had a solo concert in which a scene that I did was supposedly obscure to the teenage audience in attendance. I learned my lesson during the time period of knowing limits even thought I wanted to have fun.

 

* 2010 *

 

Following my successful so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter