Part II

Legend of the Lake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Part II

 

 

Next night Jonghyun returned to the lake, ten minutes before midnight, with one of his friends walking behind him. He didn't told her much about Taemin, definitely keeping to himself that boy was a ghost, so she only new that she's going to meet some guy who might seem weird at the beginning but it's only first impression. Naeun was girl in which was easy to fall in love. She was pretty, nice, she had good sense of humour. Jonghyun would probably fall in love with her himself, if not that they grew up together and he couldn't look at her differently as if she was his younger sister. 

 

Not knowing if Taemin will show up at midnight like legend was telling (previous day he learned that even if legends were sometimes telling the truth they liked to change few important details in it) again he called male ghost with his screams. 

 

 

"What now?!" Taemin greeted them enthusiastically. 

 

"I'm Jonghyun, remember me? I was here yesterday." 

 

"Drunk guy who didn't wanted to believe that I'm a man myself, I remember." Taemin nodded slowly his head clearly bored.

 

"I brought my friend with me, just like I promised." Jonghyun could see how Taemin's eyes widen from joy when he saw Naeun going out from her hidden place behind Jonghyun, so he moved few metres aside giving two people some privacy, but at the same time not leaving his friend with stranger (not that average one add to it) all by herself. 

 

 

Naeun talked with Taemin for long time just like she promised to Jonghyun, in her naturally cute way showing herself from the best side. When it become very late Jonghyun and Naeun said goodbye to Taemin, promising to him to come back tomorrow. 

 

 

"So what do you think about  Nauen?" Jonghyun asked after few days, which he spend sitting on the grass at the lake shore, observing Naeun talking with Taemin. According to him couple seemed to get along almost perfectly, but Taemin still was stuck in the lake instead of… Vanish into thin air? Sink into the water? Jonghyun wasn't sure what exactly was supposed to happen after Taemin will fall in love with someone, but he definitely wasn't supposed to be still stuck in the lake. 

 

"She's perfect." Taemin admitted with evident delight in his eyes. 

 

"So perfect that you could fall in love with her?" 

 

"Definitely." 

 

"So?" 

 

"I don't know, for now nothing's happening." Taemin shrugged trying to seem cool with that but Jonghyun somehow knew that he was getting disappointed. 

 

"Maybe you need more time, love is not something you can force." 

 

 

For next nights Jonghyun was keep bringing Naeun to the lake shore, and every time Taemin was confirming that girl was perfect, but still nothing was happening.

 

 

"She's not the one." He said one night. 

 

"How can you know it?" 

 

"I just know, it's not her." 

 

 

Resigned and disappointed Jonghyun went to his friend to ask what she thought about Taemin decision. By now she knew that for some reason Taemin had to fall in love with her, and that's why Jonghyun took her to the lake. 

 

 

"Taemin's right, we're good friends, but we won't ever be nothing more, I'm sorry." Getting an confirmation from Naeun Jonghyun sighed disappointed and went to convince next friend to come with him to the lake. 

 

 

Jonghyun didn't give up when his second friend got rejected too. He was not only determined to keep his promise to free some boy, now he also wanted to help his new friend. 

 

Taemin had nice smile. When he considered something being very funny he had this habit of giggling happily in the way that reminded Jonghyun about small kids laughter. Jonghyun couldn't stop from smiling himself every time he heard that beautiful sou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter