(Don't) Throw Me Away

(Don't) Throw Me Away

"We're breaking up!!!" she screamed and threw the bouquet at her boyfriend. He stood in a daze as she turned her back and walked away. The rose petals fell to the ground -- the end of a once beautiful relationship.

I laughed at them, not having an ounce of guilt in me. However, what was present in front of me was not a break-up situation. It was a lovey-dovey couple, hugging each other so tightly that I couldn't help wondering if they were stuck together by strong glue.

"Wae!!" I let out a scream in my mind as I thought about my 'plight'. Why was I forced to return to Singapore for my birthday when I had just arrived in Seoul a few days ago. I was actually looking forward to spending it with him...

"盈廷!" My dad's booming voice woke me from my inner thoughts. Hearing him reminded me of how much I miss my family. I supposed celebrating with my parents was not a bad idea after all. However, I was missing my man too...

***********  

I was at Sentosa's Palawan Beach with my friend L at 7pm.

"Has he called you?" she asked as I was poking into the birthday cake she baked for me. 

My silence answered her question as she stood up and grabbed my hand, "To the sea!"

I followed her with a pang of guilt growing in me, as I knew she was trying to cheer me up. I was happy to be with her but his sadden face kept popping up in my mind.

"Jagiya, we can celebrate another day. You should go back Singapore. Your parents are definitely missing you." His voice was calm but his expression gave away his disappointment... 

"Jagiya, Happy Birthday~" I heard a familiar voice as I was suddenly splashed with lots of seawater. A familiar figure came into my vision as I wiped the water off my face -- the tall fair-skinned guy with pupils as black as his hair, my Seung Hyun Oppa.

"OMG!!" I screamed as I rubbed my eyes, shocked at how my imagination could go wild. The stinging pain in my eyes made me cursed at how stupid I was, as the salt went into my eyes. 

"Are you ok, Gina-ah?" He blew at my eyes, confirming that it was reality that he was in front of me.

"Oppa, why are you here? Isn't it a wrong place for you to be at?" I panicked as I looked around for lurking paparazzi.

"No worries, the coast is clear~" L commented cheekily before pushing me towards Oppa. "Have fun! My bebu~" She laughed as she ran away to leave me and Oppa alone.

"Do you really think I would throw you away in Singapore?" His voice resonated in my ear as I laid my head on his chest.

"Thank you Oppa, I'm really happy!" I was unable to speak another word as I cried hugging him, sinking into the moment. 

He held onto me tightly, making me wonder if we were the ones stuck together by strong glue now. 

"Shall we go swimming now?" He didn't wait for an answer as he carried me in a bridal fashion and threw me into the sea.

I wonder if I would drown in the sea or in his love?  

 

***********  

We lied on the resort bed, with my head against his left arm. "Will your arm be numb tomorrow?" I was full of concern, remembering he was unable to move his arm for a few hours the previous time we slept in this position . 

"Do you think we would be in this position all night long when we are on vacation?" he teased me while he cupped my cheek gently with his right hand. 

"Are you for real?" I exclaimed as I blushed, knowing what was to happen as he slid his hand down my neck...

 

***********  

I was entering adulthood, having celebrated 20 birthdays. However, this birthday was the most special. This birthday came with a huge price, or a rock to be exact -- a shiny rock attached to a band on my left hand's fourth finger =)

  

Ps: Happy birthday my dearest, and I really hope you like this gift! Enjoy the rest of your birthday!