Chapter 1

Hide and Seek

[A/N: Typo errors. Mianhae. *bows*]

 

It looked like they were playing hide and seek inside the library. Lee Sungmin didn't know what got into him and what made him follow his classmate. He was a transferee student, he didn't know where he got the courage to eplore the premises that were foreign to him. He hugged the Korean textbook close to his chest as he continued to skim through the shelves. He could catch glimpses of a girl with long curls of chestnut brown that fell freely onto her shoulders. They walked in sync but their paths never crossed, that part was ironic to him. It's as if they were never meant to meet and the idea sounded ridiculous. He resisted the urge to roll his eyes and just took a deep breath. He stopped walking as he reached the far end of the shelf that will lead him to the main aisle. He also noticed that the girl on the other side also halted from her steps,

"Han Seryeong..." The name rolled out on his lips.

The girl chuckled and now she was standing in front of him. Cold grey eyes met his warm brown doe eyes.

"Uhmmmm... I was wondering if you could..." He scratched the non-existent itch at the back of his neck, cheeks heating up in slight embarrassment.

The girl leaned at the edge of the shelf, crossing her arms over her chest. Her grey eyes still locked with Sungmin and raised an eyebrow.

"I... I was wondering if you could help me with Korean Classes. I came from Japan and..."

"You can already communicate well in Korean. I think that's fair enough."

"But Seryeong-ssi, my Korean is a bit bookish. I was hoping you could help me with common-"

"You'll learn as the days go by." She cut him off bluntly for the second time. She turned to her heels and left Sungmin.

"Ryeong-ah~"

She automatically froze on her spot as soon as she heard Sungmin calling her by her name only, scratch that, her nickname. It sounded different, the sound of her nickname rolled out on his lips naturally as if he knew her already for a very long time. And no one called her by her nickname, but the twin friends were an exemption. His voice sounded like honey. Maybe if she could taste it, probably it would taste so sweet, she thought. She mentally slapped herself to get rid off that thought and made sure she's still composed.

"Do I seem like a creep to you? I don't have any ulterior motives. I just thought that you would gladly help me because out of all the people in the classroom... Uhmmm... I think you are the nicest. I'm sorry if I took too much of your precious time today." He bowed his head low.

Guilt rushed through her veins, but she couldn't let her guard down. She already went too far and faced many trouble without being discovered. She can't risk herself being discovered by making a new friend. The twins is enough for her company.

"Don't trust me Lee Sungmin-ssi. You don't want regrets, right?"

Sungmin got shocked on how her voice sounded so icy cold. It never occured, even in his wildest imagination, that a person could sound so cold.

"You are pushing me away... You can just say it bluntly..." He said, much more like a whisper.

Their gazes met again. Behind those expressionless grey orbs, Sungmin didn't fail to notice that slight shock that flickered in her eyes.

"I've got a huge secret that you woulnd't want to know. Stay away."

A grin broke of on Sungmin's face. "You're starting to trust me."

She scoffed. "Are you mocking me?"

"No. The fact that you told me that you have a huge secret means that you're starting to trust me even a tiny bit." Sungmin walked past by her. "And you wouldn't want to get locked in here, would you? School's closing already. Let's go."

 


 

[A/N: How was it? OMGee. OMGee.. *hides in a cabinet* XDDD