Part 1

Tears Taste Better Than A Kiss

 

Ah, Senior Prom. It´s that time of the year all over again, when the biggest celebration in school´s history (besides the actual graduation ceremony) takes place. As suggested by the name, this Prom is a very special one. It´s dedicated only for senior students that are just a month away from leaving school.

Therefore, today, at Senior Prom, couples were swaying from side to side at the dance floor, while the loners were sitting at their tables, expectation and jealously written all over their faces.

In the midst of a huge crowd of teenage students one particular boy could be seen signing.

“Well you sound excited,” Suga chuckled upon his friend´s grim expression; Jungkook shook his head in disapproval of the lame sarcastic joke. Suga coughed and slightly bumped his shoulder into the latter boy´s arm. “They´ll be here soon, so stop hissing.”

“That´s the problem,” Jungkook glared before returning the light punch, “I don´t even know why I´m doing this.”

Unbeknown to him, his best friend and the friend´s girlfriend were planning a surprise on him since weeks ago, when the Senior Prom´s date has been announced. Just recently he finally got to know that he´ll have to change his plan´s for tonight´s gaming marathon to getting an actual companion for the school´s celebration.

Suga´s girl of two months, Victoria, has an old friend who never had a chance to attend Prom without her female friend. But since Victoria is taken now, Sulli would be left out if not Jungkook had agreed to take her as his date.

Well, Jungkook didn´t really agree on any of this, besides, he just got to know about it just recently, when all plans were already made. And even if he persisted on staying home, Suga found a way to drag him all the way to where he is standing right now, waiting for the two girls to show up.

“I understand that you´re still a love sick fool, but you didn´t have to get me into this mess,” Jungkook growled when he spotted Victoria from afar, nearing them with a taller girl by her side.

It´s his first time seeing the girl, actually. However, it is no surprise he never spotted Sulli in school, hence she´s the quiet type of girl, definitely not his style. Besides, he already has another girl in his mind for a long time now, and it made it ten times more uncomfortable to smile at Sulli when she said him “Hi, I´m Sulli.”

Jungkook debated with himself whether to introduce himself or not, but as he was still angry about the whole situation that his friend had gotten him into, the boy´s mouth held just a small smile that made Sulli´s huge grin decrease quickly.

Victoria glared at Suga instead, mainly too scarred to accuse Jungkook of his lack of response when she was the one to propose this idea to her new boyfriend.

Suga held her stare before signing. Getting angry at by both his male friend and the girl he started dating not that long before, Suga felt himself growing smaller and obedient in their eyes. And to think he had little to do with this situation.

“This is my friend, Jungkook. Never mind him, he´s a tad shy. You two look gorgeous by the way,” he grinned under the pressure of Victoria´s dark orbs that lighted up immediately at the compliment. Jungkook rolled his eyes at the obviousness under his friend´s words.

“Of course we do!” Victoria exclaimed, happy. “We worked our magic for what, two hours straight?” She looked at Sulli for agreement. The latter girl nodded her head hesitantly before replying.

“She knows what she´s doing.” And that was it. When she spoke up, everyone expected to hear something more from her than a simple sentence like that. Suga signed again, feeling a deep stare burning his skull. It was like Jungkook was mentally saying ´look who I am stuck with`.

 

 

Mere ten minutes later, Suga invited the group to go to the dance floor. As it was a busy ground there, Jungkook hoped to make an excuse and disappear somewhere, to leave his date to his friend´s care.

If you asked him what he though about Sulli, you would receive only one word: lame. To him, she was not interesting, nothing special to actually care if he might hurt her feelings if he leaves her alone. After all, he still didn´t agree on being here tonight. Not when there was someone else that has occupied his mind here also, at the Prom.

Taking in Sulli´s appearance as she led the way to the dance floor with Victoria, he had to agree- she looked quite nice. Not up to his standards, but still nice. It was probably the clothing that her friend chose or the makeup her older sister did, anyway. Yes, he knew a little bit about Sulli now, with Suga´s help, of course. According to Suga, Sulli was always known as the wallflower, the quiet and mysterious one. But in Vitoria´s opinion, Sulli was not all that. Yes, she was too shy to approach others first, but she had better traits too. Like, Sulli likes to dream a lot. She´s a dreamer that gets four-dimensional at times. Her one of the biggest goals is to write. It wasn´t that surprising for either Suga or Jungkook to learn that Sulli was always alone, even though she had really beautiful features such as her plum lips, big round eyes, fit body… In other words, her personality made sure she had no boyfriend or friends aside Victoria, who she knew since forever. In Jungkook´s dictionary- lame.

“They´re already dancing,” Sulli´s words got Jungkook out of his trance. He took a note that the two of them were the only ones standing still when everyone else where slowly swaying from side to side. Crap, he hated slow songs.

Nevertheless, he extended his hands for her to grab, “Want to dance?”

Sulli´s previous shy exterior disappeared quickly before the boy´s eyes as she grabbed his hands and placed them on her waist, placing her own on his shoulders. She grinned widely at her date´s surprised look and he had to agree, again, that she definitely wasn´t all that he thought of her previously. He would hardly say she was that plain now.

After two more slow songs, the most fun part begun. Fun for attention seekers, mostly girls, anyway. Both Victoria and Sulli squealed when the music stopped and the school´s head master walked up on the stage.

“I see a lot of excited faces tonight,” he chuckled when half of senior students signed at the sight of him. They all knew what is about to happen. “It´s Prom, again. But just not the usual dance one. It´s Senior Prom,” he continued, “and it´s the time to decide on Prom´s King and Queen, the two students that were probably most memorable to all of you this year. As you know, they´ll be written in our school´s history. So give them lots of cheers when they´ll be announced and don´t hold grudge if you weren´t chosen,” he carefully eyed his auditorium. A tiny smirk crept up upon his slightly wrinkled tan face. “Then let´s begin this right away.”

“It´s pretty obvious who will win,” Suga whispered to Jungkook and secretly pointed across the hall. Jungkook followed his direction and saw an orange-headed boy seated at a big table, surrounded by a huge group of people. If Taehyun, also known as V, won´t win his deserved place as Senior´s King, then nobody will. And that´s probably what everyone gathered here tonight thought. The same was with the Prom´s Queen. Everyone knew her. Without himself noticing it, Jungkook let his eyes wonder around until he found her.

“So our King of Senior Prom is…” the headmaster slowly pulled out a blank paper that surely had nothing written on it. It was all for a show only. However, the headmaster proceeded with the slow torment on those patiently waiting for the King´s name. Those nominated were announced a month earlier, and surprisingly for them, Jungkook and Suga also made it to the list. Either way, everyone knew that V would win anyway.

“It´s Taehyun!” As everybody here knew of him full well, the headmaster didn´t even bother to say his last name. Everyone loudly cheered as the Prom´s King got up on stage, waving his arms around to everyone.

Ah, V. Jungkook racked his brain for a reasonable answer why this outcome was so expected. It was definitely not the looks that he had, Jungkook thought as he considered himself a better looking boy than Taehyun. It was neither his grades nor athletic abilities either, as Suga was more superior in those aspects. Wondering for a while, Jungkook finally made a conclusion. Taehyun, who has a nickname of V that his classmates created, is popular because of his personality. In other words, he´s not only the clown of class, but he also has good speech abilities. So overall, V wasn´t that typical Prom King, and Jungkook accepted him as a nice, even if four-dimensional guy, who made friend easily. In his perspective, V deserved the title.

“Now, for the Queen of tonight´s celebration…”

Jungkook unknowingly held his breath in anticipation. Most of them did, anyway. Even Victoria signed and rubbed her palms together, impatiently waiting for her fellow cheerleader to be crowned. Victoria and her weren´t on that friendly terms to be called friends, but both shared the same hobby of cheerleading and Victoria was cheering for her acquaintance’s win.

Someone from the crowd loudly shouted “Krystal!” and the said girl proudly smirked when others started shouting her name as well. It took only ten seconds till she took the initiative and walked up on the stage without being invited by their headmaster. The man in charge of this school widened his eyes at such bravery. Nevertheless, he still continued his act of tearing the envelope and pulling the name out.

“You´re right, it´s Krystal,” he loudly laughed and put the plastic diamond tiara on her black haired head.

Jungkook couldn´t take his eyes off Krystal. She was the girl that has occupied his brain for more than three years since he first saw her. Since the time he confessed his feelings for her. Since she broke his heart into million little pieces.

As Suga would say, Jungkook was reacting too dramatically. But Jungkook really thought that what he felt for the girl was so strong and true. The poor boy truly thought he could win her heart, even though many said she didn´t even have one. But it ended as soon as she made a joke out of his feelings. As soon as she smirked at his heart broken eyes, as soon as she turned her back on him and left him alone in the hallway in their junior year.

 

 

Krystal Jung was the girl of Jungkook´s dreams. Well, then they would be called as heavenly dreams, but now- as nightmares. On the contrary to Taehyun, Krystal was the typical Prom Queen from movies. She was smart, beautiful, chick, athletic and had her way of ruling people. As much as she was adored and loved by everyone, she was also feared. Unlike V, she had no true friends, just those that seek for a place under her spotlight. Krystal was that kind of girl that partied till morning but still got the best grades in school. She was also really talented in many aspects. From singing to cooking, nothing could go wrong in her hands. But she rarely showed her best traits.

Bullying, difficult relationships with male population and even with her own “friends” were her every day companions. Krystal herself would admit she has a bad temper and her personality . But still, she was fully enjoying all the attention she got since she entered this high school.

In beauty´s aspect, Krystal wasn´t number one in her senior year. Probably most would agree that her classmates IU or Suzy are prettier than her. But what she has is something extraordinary. Jungkook said to Suga one time, that it was her eyes. They were so deep and wild, anyone could get lost easily in them. The next time he said it was her plump red lips that were so inviting for a kiss. Victoria once mentioned how she adored Krystal´s shiny long straight hair and that doll-like porcelain skin. Sulli was secretly envious of Krystal´s model body, her long skinny legs and her delicate abs that was a result of doing cheerleading and gymnastic for over six years. So overall, Krystal was the rightful Queen not only of her senior year students, but also of the whole school.

Krystal´s image was so vivid and beautiful when she got crowned beside V. When he extended his hand to her, she immediately accepted the gesture and blew kisses at every direction, her hand swaying with the King´s. Instead of silly acceptance speech like what V did before her, the girl just smirked and pointed to her tiara.

“You all have pretty good eyesight,” was all she said. Some though of it as a joke, others scoffed at it but nevertheless, all agreed that she was worth her title.

Walking down from the stage hand in hand with V, she slowly kissed his cheek what resulted in a red lips´ mark on his flushed face. Even with his popularity, V still didn´t have any control of his feelings when being so close to Krystal. Just like many boys, he was mesmerized by her charms.

Jungkook silently growled at the sight before him, just ten meters ahead. Seeing Krystal kissing someone else beside him, be it an innocent peck on a cheek or a passionate kiss on the lips, felt like agony to him. Suga had to literally drag him further away before he could separate the Royal Couple (the King and Queen of Prom would be called that for the whole night, even if they aren´t a real couple).

Jungkook was thankful of what his friend does at times to make his heart sting less, but the boy still persisted on keeping his eyes on Krystal. He watched carefully as she quickly dashed from blushing V´s side upon seeing her date. Jungkook scoffed when he recognized the other boy´s face that smiled lightly when Krystal approached him.

“So what does the old King think about all of this?” her expectant eyes met his gaze. “Did you expect this? Are you proud of me?” she bombarded him with childish questions, something so unlike her. He was the only person she showed her sweet side.

Jin´s smile grew bigger when the girl pouted after a minute of silence from his side. “Of course I´m proud, Soojungie.” Soojungie, Krystal repeated over and over again in her chaotic mind. I almost forgot how my name sounded on his lips.

“Everyone calls me Krystal here, in case you forgot,” she voiced out her thoughts.

Her date chuckled and rubbed her hair in brotherly manner. “I´m special. I knew you way before when you were still called by your true name, Soojung.”

Krystal stepped a few steps back and bit her bottom lip in frustration. She held her eyes down. “Yeah, you´re special. That´s why, please don´t make it any harder for me as it is. My old name reminds me of… you know.”

Jin retreated his hand and awkwardly coughed. “Yeah,” was all he could mutter right now. Both guilt and cowardness washing over him.

“So the last year Prom´s King is back, I see,” the headmaster announced when nearing them. Krystal glanced at Jin to make sure he wasn´t placed in a tight spot which she created just a moment ago. Way to kill the atmosphere, Krystal mentally scolded herself.

However, the boy relaxed when the old man patted his shoulder as a greeting. Jin was starting to get nervous around Krystal, just by different means than other guys.

“Nice to see you, sir,” he formally addressed the headmaster like in times when he was a good student in this same school that Krystal is ending this year.

She grew up beautifully before his very eyes, Jin let his mind trail for a moment until the old man spoke up again.

“Is he your boyfriend, Krystal?”

Jin locked his gaze with Krystal´s, apology written in his shining dark orbs. “We´re just childhood friends.”

Krystal bid her lip under Jin´s sight so hard, it started bleeding. She quickly excused herself, leaving her date for a little reminisce chat with the principal.

 

 

Childhood friends, Krystal scoffed in the bathroom while fixing her lipstick. She surely had a lot more to say about their relationship. Like for starters, Jin was the boy she first met when he transferred to her elementary school, one year above her. Then she saw him three days later at her usual playground, near her house. It took her two more weeks to find out that he was living in her street, second house on the left.

Secondly, Jin wore glasses at that time. He was an ugly duckling, waiting for his turn to show it´s beauty to the world. Krystal was probably the first one who saw his true look, his gorgeous face beneath those thick round goggles. But, she was more impressed by his mature mind. As a fourth grader, he exceeded in both studies and sports, that got Krystal so interested in both. As she wanted to impress him, she trained hard at gymnastic practices, studied with whole heart at school and home. They quickly became best friends.

And finally, in her junior year at high school, she decided to drop her best friend´s title and expose her true feelings for him. Unfortunately for the girl, he, as gently as he managed, threw her confession to the bin. She likes to think he rejected her like a jerk. Even if he did it nicely. But it pained less than remembering how he expressed how good of a friend she is to him. Since then, they rarely talked.

Now you may wonder why he is here today, accompanying Krystal to her school´s ball. They had a deal before when they were still little children. By their agreement, both had to come to each other´s celebrations as a pair. And even with much drama happening between them, they kept their word.

Jin was hesitant at first about being here tonight. But as mentioned, he was feeling guilty towards her. He had to do something for her sake, Jin insisted. Krystal was fully aware of how he felt and selfishly used it against him, even if it hurt her too. She just wanted to stay with him like this for as long as she could. As Jin´s already in the university, they message each other even less nowadays. They both are trying to go back to their old selves- best friends. The title which Krystal wanted to break so desperately three years ago, but wants to glue it again now.

However, it was hard. Too hard, for both him and her. Him, because he started getting conscious of every little thing she does in those rare occasions they meet. Her, for still feeling the same as she did when she confessed. Nevertheless, they are working hard towards their goal.

In the bathroom, Krystal fixed her lipstick as another girl walked in after her. Krystal took a good look on the giant girl with mid-long brown hair and bangs. Was this girl new? Krystal knows almost every senior student here, be it male or female student. But this baby-faced girl with smiley eyes was really pretty in her perspective and Krystal has already befriended or made enemies with every beautiful girl in this school.

The girl started washing her sweaty palms when Krystal extended the red lipstick to her.

“You seem nervous,” Krystal grinned when the girl raised her eyebrows at the item. “Is it a boy?” she knowingly asked.

“Kind of,” Sulli silently chuckled and took a better look of herself in the mirror. Her lips were colored in baby pink gloss and she dreamed to look as good in red lipstick as her goddess Krystal.

“Then try it,” Krystal further pursued the taller girl. When she noted how Sulli was still a bit hesitant about it, she took the initiative and cupped the girl´s cheeks, putting the red lipstick on. Krystal let out a breath. The stranger looked breathtakingly beautiful with her plump full lips absorbed by red color.

“You should take it,” she waved her hand when Sulli was about to hand back the gloss. “It´ll boost your confidence.” Somehow Krystal felt like showing another, protective side in front of this new face. “What´s your name?”

Sulli wondered if she was in heaven. The role model of hers, the goddess of school that Sulli wanted to be like, was taking her time and talking to her, even more helping her. “Thanks.” This time she accepted the lipstick, since it seemed like an appropriate thing to do. Flashing the Prom´s Queen her radiant smile, she introduced herself shortly. “I´m Sulli, but you probably haven´t noticed me in school. I´m your fan by the way,” she dryly added.

Krystal crossed her arms and grinned in satisfaction. “You have a good taste then.” After a thought, she giggled. “So what troubles you tonight, Sulli?”

As in response, the giant student let out a breath and leaned her back on the wall, her hands behind her. “My date is clearly not interested in me. But what could I expect, when is was our mutual friends that set us up.”

“Then try flirting with some other boy. In his view, of course.”

“I should just trust your advice, shouldn´t I?”

“I already like you, Sulli,” Krystal admitted and both grinned like they found their perfect match in crime. “Let´s meet up again sometime. Here are my contacts,” she showed her smartphone´s screen and Sulli quickly wrote it down in her own.

“Yeah, that would be cool,” the taller girl agreed, at the same time messaging Krystal for the latter to get her number.

They both walked out of the bathroom, with Krystal giving some advices about male population to Sulli. When they finally separated their ways, neither of them could find their dates. For Sulli, not even Suga or Victoria could be found. So instead, she decided on listening to her newly made acquaintance and went to the dance floor.

Krystal sat at her table. Where could have Jin disappeared? She took just a five minutes break and left him talking to the principal right there, at this table.

Someone from across the hall raised his glass at her. Immediately swaying her long tresses behind her ear, she smirked as he understood her sign and started walking towards her. Maybe she could listen to her own advices sometimes. If Jin comes back and finds her flirting with another guy, he might get jealous. Just the thought gave her chills.

 

 

“It´s not working, is it?”

“No, not at all. As always- I´ve told you. And I was right.”

Victoria pouted and hit Suga´s shoulder. “It´s your pessimistic mind that puts me off.”

“Hey,” he defended himself, “I´m a realist. It was obvious as day, just think about how different they are!”

“Differences attract people. Look at us,” Victoria murmured unhappily. “Poor Sulli. I wanted to make it her best Prom ever… Anyways, Jungkook likes someone already, doesn´t he?” she carefully eyed her boyfriend as he rubbed his neck sheepishly.

“I better not say a word about this.”

She bit his shoulder again, this time harder. He winced, but smiled afterwards when she started rubbing the hurt spot. Victoria said, “You could have told me about it earlier! I dragged my best friend into this! Who is that girl? Do I know her?”

Suga rolled his eyes. “Not. A. Word.”

“You´re a nice friend,” she tenderly smiled before glaring at him. “You don´t think Jungkook left Sulli alone there, do you?”

“He´s not that bad,” Suga defended his mate, however, wondered about it too. Jungkook wouldn´t be so cruel, would he? Well, he surely didn´t look happy today, Jungkook´s mood just went downhill at the crowning ceremony. “But we could always check on her, just to make sure,” he shrugged.

Walking out from the garden and back inside, the couple looked for either Jungkook or Sulli, but found none.

Sulli, on the other hand, stopped looking for her friend´s quite some time ago. She just danced, alone, like none of it mattered anymore. And really, it didn´t. Just now she understood that she started the party the wrong way. She doesn´t need a man to change her image in front of school. She just had to finally let go of her shy exterior and show her true, fun to be around with, self, just like she showed glimpses of it to her date earlier. Since Jungkook didn´t appreciate it enough, she won´t be dragging him around with her from now on. If she spot´s Victoria somewhere here, then fine, but if not, she could also dance her head off alone there. Music that blasted from those huge expensive looking speakers could become her new tiny world.

At the same time, Krystal got too tired of the guy that was flirting with her. She remembers him as one of V´s friends, Jimin. Leaving him behind, she went around the hall to look for her date. He hasn´t came back since she returned, about fifteen minutes ago. So, her wish of seeing him jealous went a little bit further into the future.

Krystal met some of her “friends” on her way, but didn´t chat with them for long. She despised them a lot, but kept them around just in case she needed a distraction. Also, there is a saying that goes “keep your friends close, but enemies closer”. She didn´t really think about how true it was for her.

Unknown to any of them, Jungkook was still around. Just twenty minutes ago he was determined to go back home and leave everyone here, when he saw Krystal´s date going somewhere. That left the girl´s table empty. He waited just a few minutes nearby till the girl of his dreams showed up again, this time alone. When he thought of approaching her, another boy beat him to it. Getting infuriated, he secretly watched as the two interacted, but smirked in victory when Krystal didn´t looked as pleased as the intruder. Some minutes later, Jungkook watched as Krystal walked alone the hall. Maybe it was a sign he needed to talk to her.

`Why should I speak to her?´ he though angry at himself. He was sure he hated her for as long as he remembers encountering her, so why would he feel the need to grab her attention for a bit? What would he gain from it?

Then, a spontaneous thought popped up in his frustrated mind. He wasn´t thinking clear this whole evening, but seeing his biggest crush throw smiles and show how happy she is when he is feeling pretty down, burned his heart even more. She, Krystal, is always hurting him. He´s the one in pain and it continued for three years now. This definitely has to stop somehow. However, since his misery hasn´t stopped on it´s own for such a lengthy period now, Jungkook has to take care of the matter. He would like to see her hurting as much as he is, maybe more. He needs revenge on Krystal.

 

 

Krystal gasped when she felt a gentle touch on her bony shoulder. Turning around immediately, she raised a brow. She thought that no one else was in the garden, her secret place to think when skipping lessons (what surprisingly didn´t result in her grades dropping one bit). But, well, she shouldn´t be so surprised since today is Prom and everybody wanders around the school´s territory.

What surprised the girl however was a familiar face behind her. The boy´s intense eyes sent chills down her spine and Krystal let out a brisk breath out. It was him, the only she always caught watching her from afar, the one she felt most sorry for, if not the only one she felt apologetic for. She always remembers Jungkook as the boy that helped to create her position in school, her first admirer ever to confess his feelings. Only his timing was awfully wrong.

“Lost? The party is over there, your majesty,” Jungkook slightly smirked and showed to the sport´s hall. Krystal mentally thanked him for speaking up first, since it was too awkward for her right now. Nevertheless, getting back in her character, she returned the smirk.

“Party is wherever I am, peasant,” she crossed her arms, waiting for his comeback. As much as she knows about him from gossips (some of her ´friends´ found him mysterious), this boy should be her level. It´s just that nobody knew how much attention she always gave him, not even the boy himself.

Jungkook rolled his eyes but smiled afterwards. Not a true smile, Krystal noted. “If there´s a new thing happening, may I accompany you for a while?”

Krystal smirked again, leading the way towards a big old tree.

“Why alone?”

Krystal averted her gaze on the dirty ground beneath the tree and bit her lip in thought. Her dress was too expensive to mess it up like that, so her expectant eyes met Jungkook´s gaze. He signed deeply and took off his black jacket and placed it on the ground for her. She smiled widely in content and sat down, making some space for him to sit down. He followed suit.

“Better question here: why were you following me?”

The boy ruffled his hair and silently chuckled. “So I don´t need a response but you´re expecting one?” Again, he faked a smile. “Aren´t you afraid to be out here alone?”

“You´re here now.”

For a second, Jungkook felt his heart flutter; however it also raised anger in his heart. She wasn´t conscious of him. “That should be even more horrifying, remembering our past.”

Krystal´s eyes locked on his handsome face. “But we don´t have one,” she quietly muttered.

Ouch.

“You´re worth your title. You´re a true pain in the , has anyone ever told you that?”

Krystal smirked and punched his arm slightly. “Many times. You´re just as bad.”

Jungkook bitterly whispered, “How would you know?”

dried out; he was still holding grudge against her and it saddened her even more. Be it any other admirer she had, she was sure they liked Krystal only for her behavior or looks. But Jungkook… He´s the first boy ever to like her; to like the freshman girl that Krystal once was, so true to herself and with a gentle attitude. She mentally blamed Jin for making her change so much.

On the other side, Jungkook blamed his crush for a longest time for changing him so drastically, too. He may truly be just as bad as her, at least according to his best friend Suga (again, Suga talks about many random things).

Krystal didn´t have a chance to get to know the boy before the confession part, unlike him. He always saw her and only her. Krystal doesn´t know how nice he was before she crushed his ego.

As a small apology, she dropped her shield just for a tiny bit. “Jungkook, look… I hope you stopped liking me since then, because I´m a really bad choice.”

Jungkook grunted his teeth. “Yeah, it´s forgotten,” he lied. He got up abruptly, extending his hand to help her up. She quizzically eyed his palm in suspicion.

“Do you want to take a drive? I need some clearance from all this noise.”

Krystal hesitated for a moment. “I don´t know…”

“Scarred?” he , grinning in anticipation. He knew with all his heart that this girl that ruled his heart was hot tempered and liked challenges.

Just as expected, she glared at him and squeezed her purse tighter. “Scarred only that you´ll drive so slow that I´m gonna fall asleep.”

He furrowed brows and smirked, “You´re on.”

 

 

In just a short time, Krystal was already seated in Jungkook car´s passenger seat. He was about to turn the engine on when he spotted a figure nearing his car from the back. He immediately got out. “It´ll take just a moment,” he said before turning the radio on, for Krystal to hear less of his talk with Suga.

Victoria found Sulli dancing in the middle of the dance floor with group of other class´ students (the latter was grabbing a lot of attention) and was furious about Jungkook leaving her friend alone. Even if it turned out better than expected for Sulli. So, Suga was sent to retrieve his friend. That is if the missing boy is still around somewhere. They highly doubted it. Nevertheless, Suga went straight to the parking lot, the only place he hasn´t bin yet since their arrival to the Prom. He was lucky the car was still there.

“Where are you going?” Suga was stopped a few meters from the red car by angry looking Jungkook. “Did you really leave us like-“

“I have other matters to attend.”

“Hell, you were supposed to look after Sulli for goodness sake!” Suga glared.

“Is she crying?” Jungkook inspected unbelieving face of Suga, “No? Then what´s the big deal here? I never accepted this blind date.”

“I knew you seemed strange after seeing her there.”

Jungkook shot daggers at his friend. “Don´t let the topic slide to Krystal.”

“Is it about her? It is, isn´t it? When will you finally-“

“It´s going to end tonight. My misery. Just let me go.”

Suga stopped glaring for a moment. He furrowed his eyebrows and took a step back. “What do you mean?” His eyes unknowingly turned to the car and he could make out something inside, more like someone.

His eyes widened in realization. “Is she in your car right now?”

“This doesn´t concern you,” Jungkook spit out between his grunted teeth. His face was red from anger.

“It does!” Suga disagreed, lifting his hand to grab his friend´s shoulder.

Jungkook grabbed the arm and turned it quickly, with a full force. His heart clenched when Suga let out a pained hiss. He might have just strained his best friend´s arm.

The hurt friend kneeled on the ground, tearing up a bit. Jungkook immediately ran back to the car, slammed the doors and quickly drove away from his hurt friend.