Petrichor

Petrichor

"God you ing bastard why did you take him! How could you! He was my everything! Give him back!" She screamed as the clouds wept with her.

 

September first.

 

The cuts are fresh, the drugs are kicking in, the bruise is shining on her forehead from banging her head on the wooden wall that has stood in her way for the last hour. The only light in the room is the little flickering candle that is up the little oxygen she has.

 

Nothing is right.

 

She never leaves her house -or her room if she can help it.

 

The motion sensor febreeze has been bled dry of all it's smelly substance causing the house to smell of trash and old banana peels. The designer bags under eyes hang loose as she fiddles around for her razor. What's one more? She thinks to herself.

 

The rain has continued to pound. She's always liked the rain, it was proof that even the Angels cry.

 

Slice slice. That golden skin has turned the color of Snow Whites apple. In fact, she looks exactly like Snow White, except her once warm heart has been masked with an icy front.

 

She has lost twenty years of her life.

 

She pops more pills as the blade digs into her skin, she screams out the melody of the demons in her soul. Her body begging for a release from this attack. I love you! I love you! I love you! It screams, hoping that it will change the course of her mind. Force her to take the high road and abandon the Devil's Path.

 

The voices of the beloved echo through the empty halls that is her mind. She wants peace. She wants the pain to end. She wants it akk to go away.

 

His cold hand touches her shoulder as he picks her up and carries her to her father. The man who put her through the pain, but he still loves her.

 

The rain has stopped.The angels are now rejoicing with their new sister. She has blessed them all. Her once red cloak has been turned to a glistening white. She can now watch over her loved ones.