0I

Sirenomelia

Just rest assured knowing there’s gonna be a whole lotta science defying bull in here. If ya don’t feel like reading mi morbid dickeries….well I won’t blame ya. And the charts and numbers and percentages are all made up through assumptions. Well not blind assumptions, no one needs another dollophead. By the way, do you guys watch Merlin on BBC?

0I

“That’s impossible,” Minjun looks towards the doctor, “right?” “It’s not impossible if it’s right in front of you,” Dr. Ok chuckles again. The doctor seems to always be in a gay mood, even this late at night when he was summoned to tend to the mysterious figure Minjun dragged up from the river. Minjun suspects the doctor to be gay in more ways than one….

“Mr. Kim?” the doctor calls out to him and Minjun then realizes he’s been spacing out about the other and not at all paying attention to the doctor’s warnings. “Sirenomelia is dangerous when occurring at birth and is very hard to reverse, almost impossible to treat with the mortality rate of 95% amongst all reported happenings. However, this John Doe seems to have it all in reverse.” “It appears that his genetic may change at will, or at least the sirenomalia strain in his DNA can,” Ok continues. Minjun’s already lost it again but he tries so hard to follow this anomaly explanation. “Mr. Kim,” the doctor places his hands on Minjun’s shoulders and shakes him up, “you may have found a real mutant. A mermaid mutation at that!”

“Oh the other hospitals are going to go crazy with this!” “We’ll be the first hospital to have found the perfect specimen of Sirenomalia, maybe we can even cure the sickness, Mr. Kim, imagine…imagine a new world.” The doctor keeps prattling on, going off about how this man Minjun found could alter history but all Minjun could conjure up from Ok’s words is…dangerous experiment. No idiot would have not watched those damn sci-fi movies, most of all him. This is probably the moment where the crazy doctor (Dr. Ok fits quite well, he means, the doctor is quite unsettling with his gay nature) would plan then perform crazy experiments on the subject (John Doe fits the description perfectly!) and Minjun would be the one at fault, having brought Mister Siren-whatever  straight into the hands of evil! Oh, woe is Minjun!

Now they’re walking towards the outpatient ward where Dr. Ok would like to show Minjun what exactly did he meant by ‘Sirenomalia’ and the anomaly of an already anomalized condition which is the John Doe they’re about to visit. Rows of bed are separated by thick white curtains, the walls and floor decorated with perfectly similar hues; white. Pulling the curtain back, it seems clear to both of them that the only thing left on the metal bed is a pool of water and more drips trailing on the floor.

Minjun secretly cheers.