pre-chapter

memories

It was in the middle of the night, he believed. When he woke up all sweating and heavy breath, he didn’t even remember he had shrieked. His head was throbing so hard as if it’s going to explode. He shutted his eyes tight, pressing his palms on the side of his head. He hated this feeling, he hated for always having this nightmare came everynight.

“Onew…” a woman’s voice called softly, “are you alright babe?”

She leaned and patted his back patiently, before she turned to grab a glass of water next to their bed.

“it comes again” he cried, “I don’t know what and who is that. Please…”

The woman faced him back, giving him some pills and a glass of water.

“It’s okay, drink this… you’ll be okay”

The man could see the concern on her eyes, but for him, he knew she tried to look calm just to make him better. The woman took the glass of water back on the desk when he finished. But he still hadn’t calmed down. He sat on the bed, slightly shaking. She came back, carressing his hair and whispered soft sweet nothing. She kissed his head and he just held her arm for respond.

They laid back on their bed, the man was looking at the ceiling, finally calming down. The woman was on his side looking at him worriedly.

“It keeps coming…” he said. “it feels so real”

The woman pulled him closer and they cuddled, Onew rest his head on her arms, quietly sobbing.

“It was just nightmare” she soothed him, “it was just nightmare”

She hummed a song, his favorite song, a song which they liked to listen together. And soon, the man found himself stopped sobbing. He felt warm and peace in her embrace.

Sometimes he wondered, if the dream was only just nightmare, or memories. Why did it always tell him the same scenes? He wondered if they were memories from the past. He wondered and kept wondered, but at the same time he was afraid. If they were really memories, they were too scary to happen. It hurt and it almost too real to feel. He didn’t want to go back to those memories. He didn’t want to go back to his past.

When he started to whine again, the woman soothed him immediately, holding him and placing a soft kiss on his head.

“It’s okay, Onew…” she said again, “It was just nightmare. Now sleep”

He nodded as he tried. He held the woman closer and he shutted his eyes close, trying to find peace between her soft hums and kisses and hoping the nightmare wouldn’t come again.

It was in the middle of the night, but the bed was warm again and thanks to the pills not until few minutes later, he fell asleep. The woman rubbed his back softly and eyes still opened. For him, she would keep awake. She would take care of him, and she wouldn’t let anything bad happen to him.

Not anymore…