0. The First Encounter

Turned Tables

CHAPTER ZERO : THE FIRST ENCOUTER 


12 Years Ago
 
Baekhyun was sitting in his own car seat, uncomfortable while being crushed by loads of luggage. He frowned, displeased, unwilling to accept the new scenery out the car window.
 
"Umma, Appa. I don't like it here." 5 year old Baekhyun whined.. He never agreed to this moving idea. What's wrong with their house in Seoul? The Byun's previous previous house was something only rich upper classmen could afford. Condominium were expensive and with a cut salary Mr. Byun could only do is move out to the suburbs where houses were half the price. They were considered lucky to come across a well conditioned home.
 
"Sweetie, we just got here. I'm positive you're going to love it." Mama turned from her front seat and smiled at her son. "There's alot of kids in this neighborhood too," Mr. Byun added.
 
"This is stupid, " Little Baekhyun muttered under his breath. "Baekhyun." Mama frowned. . "We don't have the money Baekhyun, when the day comes you can move back to Seoul in live in those fancy buildings okay? But for now, Mama and Appa needs for you to adjust. You can't always get what you want."
 
"I'll try," the child mumbled as he drew circles with his finger onto the boxes. being a kid.
 
Mr. Byun sighed and adjusted his rear mirror. Little kids were hard to reason with and he knew it hard for his son. If he had the the choice to stay Seoul, of course he would for Baekhyun's likings but in a state like this, they needed to move.
 
The car halted in front of a freshly painted beige building. It was a normal house sitting on a gravel driveway, there wasn't a lobby entrance, escalators nor a fountain of it but, it was typical two story house. A giant window on the second floor stared at the family from up above. Baekhyun marveled at it's simple design, but it wasn't the same. This isn't home.
 
Baekhyun clicked off his seat belt, heaving with a sigh, he stepped out of the car. The gravel crunched under his sneakers. "Baekhyun, explore a bit! But don't go to far okay? Appa and I are going to unpack." His parents disappeared into the house leaving their only child behind So far, he disliked Icheon a lot. The weather was funny, the air was different, it was like he was on an alien planet. In reality, he just move 16.8 miles away from the country's capital.
 
Across the street, it was a parrell mirror image of his new home. It had the exact same artitecture but the house sat at the end of a weed infested drive way. A few patches of paint remained sheltered from the weather, the beige faded to a rotten yellow. The house slumped to one side and it gave the impression that it had given up hope of ever being taken care of.
 
I hate this, Baekhyun thought ungratefully and kicked a small pebble off of the cemented driveway. With full force it landed onto his neighbor's weeded driveway.
 
The boy curiously looked over the dying home, he wonder. Who lives there? An old man? A serial killer? Or was it abandoned? His imagination has gone wild and the excitement rushed to his finger tips. Sadly, being 5 and short didn't do him justice. Nor tippy toeing. What was he going to do? The unknown was more exciting than moving out here. "I must know." he was determined.
 
"Goal!" A faint scream escaped from the jagged fences.
 
Baekhyun flinched from the voice. Goal? As in soccer?
 
Looking around wouldn't hurt. Off the boy went, sprinting across the street to the mysterious house. The voice boomed louder and louder the closer he got.
 
"GOAL!!" There it goes again! "And the crowd goes wild!!! Ahhhh!" The voice cheered happily. Baekhyun's eyebrows cocked up. What on earth is this kid doing?
 
He tip toed his way over, his mouth dry. He hid behind the a wooden door, peeping through a slim opening. And there, was a terrifying sight. The boy?, about his age dribbled a soccer ball left to right smoothly yet roughly destroying the patchy grass. Amazing. He thought, admiring how much force he can kick the ball.
 
The girl stopped kicking the ball and noticed a weird presence watching her. Something doesn't feel right. Was it her mom? No. Her Appa wouldn't be home until dinner time. The girl looked around the garden and narrowed her eyes towards the fence. Prepare to die Creeper.
 
Setting down the muddy soccer ball on the grass, she began to walk backwards, away from the ball. Baekhyun observed her weird behavior,he had no clue of what's going to happen. Eagerly, he kept on watching. At the pit of his stomach, things aren't going to end well. He pushed those negative thoughts aside.
 
The girl came in rocketing at the ball, using her inner right foot leaving the ball flying towards  the fence. Baekhyun pushed the wooden entrance in a panic and fell forward into the yard. The ball came crashing down onto his poor little head.  
 
"Why are you trespassing Yoon territory."Baekhyun swore he felt acid coming out of the boy's mouth. Wait, how come his voice sounded so feminine? He kept his face down.
 
"Answer me!" The stranger kicked his sides harshly making him whimper. That's enough. Finally, Baekyun looked with shaken eyes looking up the muddy boy standing right in front of him. He had to be honest, the kid wasn't an eye pleaser. His hair was chopped up to an uneven length, one sight longer than the left. Cheeks so plump, you can easily mistaken him as a marshmallow. And not to mention the crooked tooth. The horror.
 
She looked at the boy and blinked.
 
"I don't know," He whispered. She grabbed her ball and bounced it on the boy's head, "You're an idiot." The girl rolled her eyes and blew her choppy fringe . She held her hand out.
 
Baekhyun flinched at her dirty hand.
 
"Are you gonna get up or not weirdo?"  Was this kid seriously going to lay there? Was he stupid? To take matters easier, she harshly pulled Baekhyun up. Then suddenly, a sharp shriek sliced the silence away.
 
"AERIN!" "BAEKHYUN!!" Two mothers came barging into the scene of the crime.Their two faces lit up when they saw their two children holding hands. "Seems like you two already met?" Mama raised her eyebrow at the two. Baekhyun followed her gaze to their interlocked hands. They never broke loose.
 
He immediately torn away from the disgusting hand away and hid behind his Mother. The girl wiped her hand on her soccer uniform, "Yuck."
 
"Sorry, my daughter can be a bit of a hassle." Mrs. Yoon nudged her daughter forward to the Byuns. Baekhyun's eyes nearly flew out of his eye sockets, that's a girl? The whole time he'd mistaken she as a he.
 
"My name is Yoon Aerin. I'm 6 years old. Please take care of me." she mumbled, tilting her head forward slightly. She didn't bother with a proper bow. Mrs. Byun pulled her son from behind.
 
"Nice to meet you. My name is Byun Baekhyun and let's be friends." Putting aside what happened 5 minutes earlier, Baekhyun flashed Aerin his cute innocent smile that can melt anyone. Minus one. She looked at him and blinked. "No thank you." Mrs. Yoon whacked her daughter's behind. She could of acted more friendly. "Oh y-yes, we're going to be good friends." Aerin mumbled.
 
It was getting late. The two mother chatted up a storm but, it was time to return home. 
 
Mrs. Byun waved goodbye at the Yoon while exiting the property across the patched grass. Aerin carefully watched her new friend leave, until she had another scheme to pull of before he leaves.
 
Right when Mrs. Byun's back was turned, she grabbed the ball off the ground and aimed for Baekhyun's head.
 
Mission accomplished.
 
"See you at school Bacon!" The boy's head throbbed of pain once again. He, Byun Baekhyun, has just met the Devil itself and there's no turning back.
 
--
 
Present Day
 
Headaches, nothing but headaches. Can a guy eat a sandwich peacefully in this house? 
 
Baekhyun loved his mother with all his heart, but at times like this the woman needed to stop screaming. "Umma, I don't get understand why you're so excited. It's just your friends coming to visit."
 
Mrs. Byun shot a glare at her son and wrinkled her nose. "They aren't just friends honey,it's the Yoons we're talking about!" she letted out another squeal. Her son lost grip of his sandwich, spilling all the insides all over the kitchen floor. He closed his eyes, trying to relieve the queasiness of his stomach. 

This isn't happening. This isn't happening.
"This is just a dream. This is just a dream." He reassured himself. "Honey, this isn't a dream." Mrs. Umma pinched his arm. Ouch, that hurt. This is the sad reality, the Yoons are back after 6 years who voluntarily produced the most annoying child of all time, 
 
"Aerin? You mean, Yoon Aerin? The insane Aerin?" Baekhyun shrieked.
After the first 6 years of his childhood soiled by Aerin, he was not risking the rest of high school career being a girl's punching bag. Not only the demon ruined his childhood, Aerin was his worst nightmare. Seriously, a girl? That's his worst nightmare. A girl. Really now.
 
"This is so sad," Mr. Byun bursted into laughter, slapping the newspaper beside him in the porcess. "You're still scared of her?"
Baekhyun frowned. "No!" he shot back. "The girl is crazy! She kicked a soccer balls at me when we moved here, remember!"
"I don't recall."
"Appa!" He whined.
 
"Knock it off ." Mrs. Byun came into the kitchen soon after applying her make up. She glared at her husband for making fun of her son, but failed miserbly. Everyone knows the funny relationship between the two kids. She cracked a smile.
 
"We get it dear, you're very excited to see your best friend after all these years. Aerin grew up into a fine young lady, just to inform you." Like that monster magically evolved to anything close to a girl. If that happened, pigs can fly then!
 
Me? Excited? Oh, I'm ecstatic. Baekhyun thought, scowling.

AUTHOR'S NOTE 140715 :: Holy smokes how did I forget to upload this chapter. BUT YES, this how the two kids met. Kinda violent and brutal for a 5 year old LOL Comment, Vote and subcribe! I would like to hear your feedback! :)