Seoul is insane.

When a Mother Lies...

"The plane has now arrived in Seoul, South Korea. Passengers may now exit the plane.”

Yeah~! Quickly, I unclipped my seatbelt and sped past the stewardess with my strap bag before any of the other passengers even woke up. Hey- who could sleep like that when they just got in Seoul! Nooo way, man. I excitedly rushed out of the passage thing that connected the plane to the airport, prancing to the luggage area. Now for the agonizing wait for my suitcase…

Come on, come on… I fidgeted on my feet impatiently, receiving some irritated grumbles from my neighbors. Eh, whatever. It’s not like they even know me, ha- THERE IT IS! I pushed my way through the strangers to get to my green suitcase with the huge Pikachu charm dangling on it. I ask you- Why does it take so long for some bags to come out on that conveyor belt? They could make it go at least a little faster.

Hastily relieving the conveyor belt of my luggage, my feet took me out of the airport and onto the sidewalk.

Wassuuuupp~ Seoul!” I declared loudly with my arms wide. Several glances were thrown my way, some amused but most weirded out.

“Must be a tourist…,” a girl muttered to her friend. The other nodded in response. Ah, I wonder who they could possibly be talking about. :3

All of a sudden an object hurled into me, knocking me down. To further suffocate me, the thing landed on top of me. Really? Really? I groaned, shaking my head to clear out the stars. Seoul’s insane… Opening my eyes, they met a head of blond hair.

“Ugh…” Oh, a guy… CRAP, A GUY. ON ME. GET OFF, GET OFF, GET OFF. I struggled to free myself, but the crazy person wouldn’t get off my legs. Suddenly, the blond head whipped up. My lips brushed his

Nose. (A/N: Lmao, did I get you? C: ) We stared at each other, shock freezing us in place.

“Aww~ Look at those two,” squealed an ahjumma.

“They look so cute together,” another ahjumma sighed wistfully.

A man chortled. “Go get a room.” He added in an amused undertone, “Kids these days… so straightforward. In my day…” Reminiscing, he walked off.

Then I noticed the position we were in.

The blond was on all fours over me, his head hovering over my chest, and our faces right in front of each other.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

PLEASE NO. NO. NO. NO. THIS IS NOT A DRAMA SO WHY IS THIS HAPPENING? SEOUL IS INSANE. INSANE.

Apparently the guy became aware of our awkward situation too because his eyes widened and he scrambled off me, his cheeks flushing a dark crimson. I stayed where I was, gaping up at him. The guy hastily brushed himself off and glared down at me.

“Y-yah!” he yelled, “Watch where you’re going!” WHAT? HE WAS THE ONE WHO RAN INTO ME. WHO IS THIS GUY?

“YAH! YOU-”

But the jerk had already gotten in a taxi and closed the door before I got to finish the sentence. …Seoul is insane.

Oh yeah, a taxi! A taxi would be good for me right about now. I huffed and stood up, brushing off my , and leaned on my bag. Now for the agonizing wait…

I patiently stood on the curb with my suitcase until a vacated taxi drove near. But another person wanted that ride too. Oh no, you don’t- Ah, but it’s a halmeoni… Aish, I’ll just wait until the next one…

By the time I finally got one, I had been waiting a good hour and was ready to start banging my head on something. How did that jerk get a taxi so fast?

“Um, agashi? Could you please tell me where you want to go?” The driver asked me.

“Oh- right.” The address speedily spewed out of my mouth, then I leaned back and eagerly watched Seoul flash by with wide eyes. When we reached the apartment building, I jumped out of the car and bounced on my feet as the driver unloaded my suitcase. He took the ride fee with an amused smile.

“Enjoy your stay here in Seoul,” he chuckled, his eyes crinkled.

I grinned in return. “Thank you, ahjusshi! I will!” I turned and diligently dragged my baggage up the steps and all the way to the elevator. Huffing from the effort, I pressed the elevator button with relief. “Finally.

“Uh, excuse me?” I jumped, startled. Whirling around, a man in his 30’s and in a uniform-looking outfit stood tall a meter away from me. A doorman?

“Yes?”

He furrowed his eyebrows. “I haven’t seen you before. Are you a resident in this building?”

“Uh, no. I’m here to stay with my brother, Woo Jiho.” The doorman raised an eyebrow.

 “He has a sibling??”

“Yeah, that’s me. I’m his twin. Is there a problem?” The man’s eyebrow shot higher. Dang, any higher and it would shoot off his forehead.

Twin? I’m sorry, but we have not been informed of Woo-sshi having a twin. Nice try, but you will have to exit this building immediately. You can always meet Woo-sshi at a fan meeting or something of the sort.” Hold up. Fan meeting? Since when did my brother have fans, hahahahaha.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, ahjusshi. But I really am his twin, and not a fan or whatever.” Is Jiho that popular with the girls that he has to have this guard here? Wow~ Too bad for… that.

“I’m afraid that won’t work, kid. Now I advise you to leave now or there will be consequences.” What is with this guy?

“Look, mister. Do I have to bring a birth certificate or something? I was born on September 14, 1992. Blood sibling of Woo Jaeho. And I’m here to see him. Now can I please go?”

“I’m sorry but-“ My eye twitched.

“THEN GO UP THERE AND TELL THEM THAT WOO JAEHO’S TWIN IS HERE. AND THEN SEE WHAT HAPPENS.” My nostrils flared as my eyes burned into the man.

I guess my outburst/laser-eyes worked because the guy instantly shut his trap and shuffled past me and into the elevator, pushing the button to what I assumed was Jiho’s floor. I huffed and sat down on the bottom step of the little staircase. I tapped my foot impatiently as a ding echoed somewhere above me and I heard a knock. Then a door opened and I could only make out quiet murmurs. But suddenly, a very unmanly squeal broke the boring silence and I could hear someone flying down the stairs.

I turned just in time to see a strange cross between a Jamaican and a Korean standing at the top of the mini staircase. I blinked.

“Uh…,” I started.

“Jaemi!” The alien amalgam tackled me, enveloping me in a choking bear hug.

Can’t… breathe…!”

“Oops, sorry.” The death grip loosened and I looked at my attacker. My eyes widened.

“JIHO?!” I gaped at the brightly smiling boy.

“Yup!”

“…” I stared at his head.

“…What?”

“WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HAIR?”

“Oh, uh… Hehe. It’s cool, right? Right?” My eye twitched again.

“You look like a beggar.”

“I think it’s hot.” He flipped his hair, effectively whacking me in the face.

“Ewwwwwwww, you’re all greasy. How long has it been since you last washed your hair?”

“Nice to see you too. Wahh~ You should've told me you were coming! Up to the dorm~!” The bizarre brother of mine struck a Superman pose and jumped onto the stairs. He turned and beckoned for me to follow him. “Come on!” I smacked his shoulder.

“All right. Before that doorman comes back down. You’re carrying my suitcase,” I called back to him as I climbed the stairs. He gaped at me, then stuck his tongue out at me.

“Meanie…”

“I love you too~”

 

Luckily for Jiho, his apartment was only 3 floors up. But just to annoy me, he huffed and made a big show of carrying my luggage. Finally reaching the door, he collapsed onto my shoulder.

“Jaemiiii. You’re so meannn. Making your brother carry your brick suitcase all the way up here.”

I made a sound of exasperation. “Just open the door already.” Jiho pouted, but proceeded to punch in a set of numbers. The door swung open to reveal the jerk.

Wait…

OHMYGOSH THE JERK.

I widened my eyes and so did the blond guy. Simultaneously, we exclaimed loudly, “YOU?!”  

"What are you doing here?!" I shot at him in an accusing tone.

“I live here. What are you doing here?”

“I came here to stay with my brother.”

Suddenly Jiho jumped in between us, arms spread wide and brightly smiling. “Me!” He turned to the blond. “Hyung, you two have met?” Okay, I had a brain fart there. Jiho knows this jerk?

“Jiho, you know him?” I asked incredulously.

“Yeah, we live together.” Oh. So Umma was telling the truth…

“That’s your twin??” Blondie snapped. That? Hey buddy, I am a human being. I swear, I wished I could've shot daggers out of my eyes at that moment.

“Yeah.” I stuck out my chin haughtily. “You got a problem with that?”

Jiho had a confused look on his face. “Uh… Shall we continue this exciting introduction in the dorm?” With one last glare, we grudgingly agreed.

“Ok…” 

First re-impression of Seoul: It's insane.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that's that! ^^ The first chapter of the story. It went by pretty fast.. ://