Mind Games

Awakened.

I let out a deep sigh as I walked back and forth in front of Seul Bi's front yard. What was taking her so long today? I thought she was usually always prepped and on time whenever I invited her out. Today I felt like I needed a good blended caffine drink at the cafe. I was tired from all the school work lately and a good cup of coffee was just the thing to boost my energy. I've been waiting out here for 10 minutes after I had knocked on her front door and no response came to me what-so-ever. Seul Bi had texted me that she would be out soon but there was still no sign of the girl.

I looked at my wrist watch and noticed the big hand was spinning uncontrollably. What the heck? I just had my wrist watch's battery replaced not too long ago. I fidgeted with the watch but nothing seemed to work. I tapped on the glass that laid on top of the clock, knowing nothing would happen anyways.  Hmm, that's peculiar. I removed the watch from my wrist and slipped it into my sweater pocket. 

"Eun Ae-ah!" Seul Bi beamed, opening her front door. Why couldn't she just open the door for me to come in when she clearly knew I was waiting outside for her? 

"Hey, Seul." I smiled as she happily ran up to me and linked our arms together. "What was the hold up?"

"Nothing, just had to finish up my make-up. That's all, sorry if I kept you waiting so long." she said, quickly and my quick senses told me she was hiding something from me.

"Spill it." I turned my head to her.

"Spill what, Eun? I thought you wanted coffee?" Seul Bi said with a nervous glance. Something was definitely fishy for sure. She was trying to pull me forward away from the house but I stood my ground. I looked at her with a glare and she started to pick at her nails. She was tense and nervous at the same time. I looked down quickly at her restless fingers and up again right into her dark brown orbs. Whenever she was anxious or scared, she had a habit of picking at her nails. Of course I knew all her habits, we've known each other since we in our mom's wound if that was possible.

"Don't lie to me." I whispered to her and I could feel her body shiver. Out of nowhere, I heard a door slam shut and a young man walk out of Seul Bi's front door. He looked around his early 20's and had dark brown hair that was almost black. He looked much older and more mature compared to Seul. She was the type of girl who always looked five years younger than her true age. He stared at the two of us in shock and I thought he was going to run on us.

"Who are you?" I glowered at him.

"I-I-I'm-" the unkwon man stuttered while he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Do you know this doof?" I ignored him and turned my attention back to Seul Bi. 

"Eun Ae." she said my name so quietly, I could barely make out what she said. 

"Hello, Kim Seul Bi. Please come back to Earth." I said and waved my hand in front of her face a couple of times. I walked up to the stranger threateningly and he looked almost horrified. I didn't mean to come out that scary but he looked terrified of me. Oh c'mon, what a .

"Stop it!" Seul Bi shouted at me. She ran over to him and blocked him from my view. I took a small step back at her sudden action. Seul Bi spreaded her arms straight out like a cross. "Quit all of this bull, Eun." she lashed at me. I stared at her in bewilderment.

"You are always chasing away my boyfriends or either stealing them away from me."

"What are you talking about?" I asked in confusion.

"You are always embarrassing me whenever I introduce my boyfriend to you or either stealing them away from me. Remember the last time I introduced you to Hyun Jae? Throughout the entire dinner, he was just staring at you and flirting but you didn't know anything. Can't you just supportive and a good best friend?!"

"Seul, I didn't know." 

"Stop calling me Seul! My name is Seul Bi not Seul!" she bawled but wasn't she the person who called me Eun? This was the first time she had stood up to me and talked back at me. I didn't know Seul Bi had felt that way about me but then again she was a resevered person and always kept to herself. It's not my fault she had a hard time expressing herself. Seul Bi grabbed the unfamiliar person's hand and held it tightly in her's. "This is Sung Joon. You aren't going to take him away for youself, are you?! Because you just embarrased me and scared the living daylights out him!" she said, angrily and walked away with him. Seul Bi didn't look back at me once.

Okay, let's rephrase. What just happened here? My best friend is now ditching me because she can't tell me her feelings and now she blames everything on me? She told me to quit all the bull but she's the one who is creating it. I looked at the two of them walking hand in hand until they were too far away to see anymore.

A wave of shock hit me for a moment and I realized I no longer had no one. I was 100% sure Seul Bi was never ever going to talk to me again, my parents are both dead, I had no idea about my relatives, and the last person standing by my side was gone. I had actually no idea if my parents were dead, the orphanage fed me different lies about my parents as I got older. When I was 6 they told me my mom and dad were missing from an airplane crash, and when I was 13 they told me they that my parents were dead from a boating crash during a vacation in the Bahamas. Whenever people asked me about my parents, I just said they died in a car accident after a few weeks of my birth.

I sauntered away from Seul Bi's house and down the street to the cafe. I still wanted coffee even if she decided to come with me or not. I still had to live my life and be a human being with or without her. Sometimes I felt like dying and sometimes I felt I needed to go with my life and today I felt like going on with my life.

"An iced americano, please." I said, lifelessly.

"May I have your name?" the girl behind the counter asked.

"Eun Ae." I replied. I was looking at the daily special on the black chalkboard and when I looked up at the girl taking my order, I almost screamed. I rubbed my eyes to see if I was going crazy. She was so pale, almost like an albino person. Her eyes.....they were a horrific blood shot color. I looked around to see if anyone else had noticed.

"Is everything okay, customer?" she smiled. Her smile was horrendous. I noticed her canines were longer then it should really be when she smiled at me. She wasn't a person for sure, some kind of atrocious looking creature. A vampire. The customer behind me tapped on my shoulder. "Excuse me. I don't mean to be rude but are you ordering? I've been waiting here in line for quite awhile now." 

I turned around to the customer behind me to apologize for the inconvience I had caused but my eyes grew even wider. I looked at her from head to toe. The woman looked normal from her feet up to her face but on top of her head were two horn like things. It was also very creepy but mysterious at the same time. She had dark violet wings that were very familiar. I think I've read something like this during mythology and recalled a recent folklore I had learned about, a succubus. No freakin' way. What is going on with my mind? A succubus didn't exist, it's just some made up creature that seduced men in their dreams.

"Succubus?" I asked, quietly. I was starting to feel a little dizzy and grabbed the counter for extra support. I put my hands on my head, out of nowhere I felt my head begin to ache painfully.

"Are you okay, Miss?" the succubus said, taking my arm. I let out a small shriek and shook away from her grasp.

"Don't touch me!" I yelled. I seemed to have frightened her because she pulled from me and looked at me in shock. I walked slowly over to an empty table and sat down on the seat. I felt everyone's eyes on me and looked at the vampire and succubus, only to look back down in terror. I shook my head. I just had a late night sleep at night. Nothing to worry about. 

A few minutes later the vampire girl I met earlier brought my Americano to my table. "I thought I'd bring you your Americano myself since you seemed a bit tired." she smiled again showing her terrifying set of canines. "Hope you feel better." 

"Thank you." I mumbled taking the Americano away from her. When she had her back to me, I instantly threw the Americano away in the nearby tin. I didn't want to sip any of that liquid down that she made. Better not to take any risks right not. I pulled out the wrist watch out of my pocket and the hands were still spinning uncontrollably.

"Today is such an odd day." I muttered under my breath. My unpleasant head ache had all of sudden stopped and I was back to normal again. I was about to put the watch back into my pocket when I noticed the date on my watch. Awhile ago it had said 7/16/15, which is the exact date today but now the date said something else. A mysterious date took place of the real date today.

5/5/55

What is this supposed to mean?  It basically means my watch is just busted. Everything today was going wrong, it wasn't going wrong but it was going weirdly. My mind was playing games on me and I felt my head starting to ache again, looking at the date. I dropped the watch back inside my pocket and put my head down against the cool table. "What in tarnation was going on with me today?" I groaned as I got up from my seat and exited the cafe. 

As I walked down the cafe steps, I looked around at my surroundings. No one around me looked like a vampire or a succubus. Thank gosh, that was over but the memory of those two creatures will surely haunt me now for the next few weeks. It was already 11:45 p.m. the last time I saw a clock and that was in the cafe earlier so it should be close to midnight by now. I strolled down the sidewalk and past a couple of alleyways like usual to get home but something had caught my eye now.

It wasn't a vampire or a succubus or another beastly creature but it was a bright light coming from the end of the alleyway. That's bizarre. I had a queer feeling about the odd light. It's already dark outside. Someone's probably looking for something down there with a flashlight but this light was different. It was very bright and not to mention very very eye catching. I looked at a man next to me, who just seemed to walk past it. It occured to me that everyone did. I was the only one standing in front of this random alleyway.

I decided to just go along but something pulled me back. My curiousity told me to run down there and check out what was happening. I kept on walking but as I walked further on away from the shining light, I felt even more attracted towards it. "Just one look wouldn't hurt." a voice in the back of my head told me. 

"No." I said, shaking my head. It's none of my business anyways. I tried walking forward but I felt like an invisible force was pulling me towards the unusual light. "God damn it." I said, walking backwards toward the alley. I turned to face the white light and walked slowly towards it. As I walked farther and farther towards the light, it got brighter and brighter. I started to squint my eyes since it was getting really bright. How could anyone else not notice this? 

I stopped in front of a wall but on the wall was a cut out line of a door. I took a step closer and looked at the door closely. I was about to push on the wall but in the corner of my eyes, I had noticed a shawdowy figure lurking behind the large trash dump. I let out a small gasp and turned around abruptly. The figure seemed to finally be aware that I was directly looking at it and dived away. It's shape did not look masculine but more on the feminine side. She has probably been watching me ever since I got closer and closer to the mysterious door.

I tried going after her but she had a much more of a head start. I turned my attention back to the door and observed it once more. It seemed to have deep carving of a number on it or should I say numbers.

5/5/55

Wait a minute. I took out the wrist watch, and obsevered the date on it. 7/16/15. 

I swore it said 5/5/55 on it just awhile ago. The hands of the clock also seemed to have stopped spinning wildly. 

"11:59." I mumbled, quietly. All of a sudden out of nowhere, my watch just magically decided that it would work again. It was certainly peculiar. I looked at the at the watch until it striked 12 and slipped it back into my pocket.

I pushed onto the wall door and as pushed it harder and harder to get it open, the light shined brighter and brighter. I shut my eyes closed and gave it a push once more with all my strength and I regretted it right away. I still had my eyes closed but I could feel all the pressure on myself. I strong gust of wind pushed against my body, stealing all the oxygen I had in me. "Is this what dying felt like?" I asked myself in my mind. My chest was pounding and my lungs desperately needed air.

The blow lasted a few long seconds before I landed on hard ground, face forward. I still had my eyes closed tightly but I was no longer on the hard gravel in the city of Seoul. It was awefully quiet and there was a musty smell of mud around me. No more cars honking, no more people loudly talking on their phones as they walked past me, just plain silence that felt eerie in a sort.

I finally opened my eyes wide, trying to take in as much as air as could while I clenched my fist together tightly, gasping for air. I didn't know where I was. It felt like Alice in Wonderland but this was reality or is it? It couldn't be true, my mind was playing tricks on me over and over and I despertely wanted it to stop. I felt gravitated to that door and I got myself here in this horrific mess. I was feeling lightheaded and my vision was started to blur little by little. My whole body was numb from the experience and my hands were trembling wildly.

"Where am I?" I muttered to myself, getting up from the cold, dirty ground beneath me. I staggered trying to find my way, but I was going no where. I didn't even know where I was, but I kept walking anyways. "Help me." I mumbled under my breath even though I knew no one would come for me. My entire body was in pain from the hard fall, it felt like every bone in my body had shattered but I still managed to lurch forward. I fell back to the ground with a hard thud. Tears were falling from cheeks and down rapidly. My whole body had given up on me but something pulled me upwards and carried me in its arms. Not something but someone.

"Please help me." I pleaded, quietly. He was running. It wasn't even considered running probably since he was going so fast, my hair was being blown back wildly and I had a hard time breathing again. I opened my eyes but my vision was too weak now and all I could make out of him was his strong jawline and his dark brown hair. He had me close to his body and his arms wrapped around me tightly making my entire body tingle. 

"Where are we going?" I asked, trying to catch my breath but he didn't answer me. He just simply looked down at me for a few short seconds and turned away. I closed my eyes again. I didn't know where I was going again or who I was with but it didn't matter anymore. I would rather die than continue living on Earth and be miserable for the rest of my life. But this wasn't Earth, it was something else and I was not afraid.


A/N.

Annyeong! How was the first chapter go? Tell me what you think because I would die to know. Sorry if the chapter was short for some of you but I will work hard until the last chapter. See you again in the next chapt.^^