five

Photograph
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dialogue heavy chapter. Enjoy cupcakes! x

CHAPTER 5

The night is still young. This side of the town looked like their morning starts at 6 pm, then sleep when the sun starts rising. I always went here, every morning, to take a quick run or just wander around. Comparing my daily routine to what I’m seeing now. Everything was so different. The street lights were the one that’s lighting my way, instead of the sun. People were bickering over over-priced garments, instead of the usual silence. You won’t even see the roads, because of people coming from left and right. And I’m not alone this time.

“Thank you.”

“Huh?”

“Thank you for taking me here. Thank you for making that horrible plan, it wasn’t horrible at all.”

“We haven’t started yet though.”

“Still, thank you.” A smile stretched on his beautiful face.

I spotted the takoyaki shop. I pointed it to Jinwoo, and his face lit up like a Christmas tree.

“You like takoyaki that much?”

“Am I giving myself way too much?” he said, acting shock.

“Well yeah.”

We entered the shop. The place was not that nice, but it’s clean. Actually, it was an old house turned into a restaurant, and I will still choose to be here than any other takoyaki shop. My point was, you don’t go to random restaurants for the place, but you go there for the food, and they served the best takoyaki. This restaurant was not much of a random though. I know the owner and his whole family. He’s my dad’s friend, Carlo.

“Mino?” Carlo cooed.

“Hi Carlo.”

“I told you to always come here. This kid.” Carlo said, ruffling my hair. Carlo and I both heard a giggle from behind me.

“Is he… a model? The one on the magazine?” Carlo asked.

“Yes sir. Hi, I’m Jinwoo.” He said, offering his hand.

“Are you friends with our Mino?”

“Yes.” He looked at me and winked. I felt myself blushing, because we’re really far from friends. We can’t even label us, as friends.

“It’s his first time to bring a friend. Let me prepare you something special.” Carlo said.

“That’s not necessary, I just want takoyaki for the night and by the smell of the shop. I think Mino bring me to the right place.”

I found us a table. It became my favorite part of this restaurant. Carlo reserved this specific part of the shop for the family and close friends. Speaking of family…

“Mino….” Lyken, Carlo’s daughter, run towards me and give me a very tight hug.

“Oh my god, you’re still as handsome as ever and definitely still my type.” Lyken had this long-running crush on me, I don’t know why and how it’s still running, up until now. Obviously, I don’t like her or any girls, at that matter.

“Thanks, you can get off of me now.”

“You never liked me.” She said, pouting. She looked pass me, and recognized right away who’s with me.

“You are Jinwoo, right? The model? Oh my god.” She squealed.

“Yes, I’m Jinwoo.” Ever the gentleman, Jinwoo shook her hand.

“I’m a fan. Are you friends with Mino?”

“Yes, they’re friends. So, stop bothering them and go to the kitchen. Your mother needs a hand.” Carlo saved us from the gossip that is about to come. If Lyken decided she’s invited on our table, she’ll definitely won’t miss an opportunity and grab a chair for herself.  

“I’m going back.” She said, eyeing me.

“No, you’re not.” Carlo said.

“Sorry for that. I’ll leave you two alone. Enjoy the rest of the night.” He continued.

“They’re lovely.”

“They are. I love them. They’re like my second family.”

“Lyken doesn’t think so.” I thought it’s a question, but no, it’s a statement.

“Well yeah, I won’t return her sentiment though. She’s a family, a little sister.”

“Thanks for clearing that for me.” He smiled, reaching for my hand. He started pulling his hand away, when there’s a voluntary reflex in me that reached for it. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter