First Meeting?

Blinded Angel

“Kai…”a knock came from the outside of his room. He lay motionless on his bed. “What did I do wrong?” Kai’s voice wasn’t even above a whisper, “Taeyeon, what’s wrong with me?”

Taeyeon pressed her head against his bedroom door, “You didn’t do anything wrong Kai.” It has been about a month and she could still replay the horror on his face. The silence that raised every hair on your body, making you anticipate about what kind of outburst he would have. His voice was cold and raspy when asking what day she left. All could see Kai’s life breaking before them, it was as if they were throwing rocks at a mirror that was already cracked.

Yoona was the one who has always been there for him and then became his first love as they began dating.

After they told him she had left, Kai hasn’t left his apartment. Locking himself away.

Taeyeon reached for the top of the door frame and felt around until her fingers came in contact with something small and cold. Grabbing the key, she quickly unlocked his door. “If I die… or get hurt… Will she come back to me?” His voice was emotionless. As if it was an instinct, Taeyeon looked around the room for any alcohol or sharp objects; she didn’t want him to try doing something stupid again. She noticed his hand lingering on the side table where his phone rested with his call log was open.

“This is a new low. Kai… she’s working abroad, her dream. She’s happy and I am pretty sure she wants you to be happy for her as well.” The elder reached for the phone before her could grasp it. Over a hundred calls to Yoong.

“But why didn’t she tell me?” Kai finally lifted his head. Hairs sticking out everywhere, eyes were bloodshot and the bags under his eyes were clear as day. She smoothed out his hair and sadly sighed, “She thought it was for the best. People make mistakes. Do you want me to stay with you tonight ?”

“Don’t you and Byun have a date? You should go. You’ve been taking care of me for a month.” Kai tried his best to smile for her and that was enough for Taeyeon.

“Promise me you won’t do anything dumb?”

“I’ll stop by a little later around midnight alright?” She closed the door behind her, but she felt a knot form in her stomach, a feeling that was almost positive something wrong was going to happen. Quickly she dialed a number, “Hello? You know I love you right? And I know you’re in Japan but its Jongin…”

“Let’s go out today Krystal.”

“It’s seven at night Sulli, I really don’t want to.” Krystal whined as she took a bite from her cereal. She was too lazy to make herself dinner, and to add on she had no groceries. Krystal’s attitude was currently, “Screw it, Breakfast for dinner.”

“Are you still upset over the fact that there are no ‘signs’ that are telling you that one of those idiots is your ‘soul mate’?” Sulli threw herself on the couch. As much as Sulli loved Krystal, she was all about finding love and you could say Sulli had a bitter feeling towards love, “It is because you have never experienced your first love yet.” They would all tell her.

“Fine, if you won’t come to the club with me, than can we at least dress up and walk around?”

Krystal put her spoon down and looked at her reflection from the microwave. Her beauty was always hidden away in her apartment. Her face was bare and her hair was tangled up in a messy bun while chilling in sweats and a tank top. “Let more people see your gorgeous face.” Sulli exaggerated on the word gorgeous.

“We’re just walking in Myeongdong alright?” Krystal pointed at her.

“Good enough for me!” Her best friend jumped up and clapped.

“Give me an hour.”

 

Arms hooked together as they walked on the street as if it was a catwalk. Krystal decided she should try to look decent. Straightened her hair and wore her favorite T-strapped black heels with her denim shorts and embroidered white blouse.

“You could be a model.” Sulli smiled already knowing the answer she was going to say and said it with her, “I could never compare.”

“When was the last time we went out like this?”

“I think… Victoria’s celebration when she got her Master’s and Luna when she graduated grad school. So about… Three or four months ago I think.” Krystal said. Now that she was really thinking about it, she really has been neglecting her time with her friends. Especially her sister, who she hasn’t seen in almost a year. It wasn’t Krystal who was busy.

Sulli took note that she was in deep thought, “Hey, I know job hunting is hard, as long as we are still close I’m fine.” She reassured her, “So what do we want to buy?”

“Clothes.”

The duo wandered, visiting different shops, seeing if they had anything worth their money. Which they also, didn’t have a lot of. Most of the time it was Sulli looking at the clothes she couldn’t afford and Krystal looking at the cheap clothes along with seeing if there were any job offerings. “How many applications do you have so far?” Sulli asked craning her neck over the rack to look at the papers in Krystal’s hand.

“Only three.” She shrugged.

“Krys, just take one you already have a job though.”

“Yeah, but that barely pays for the rent. I have been taking some money from my parents allowance to pay off the rest. And I feel bad whenever Jess pays for my rent.” She told Sulli as she held out sunglasses for her to try on. Sulli looked into the mirror to see how her face shape fit the glasses when someone caught her eye outside of the store. She scurried back over to Krystal, “Soojung! I see a guy totally staring at you.” She whispered.

“Me?” Krystal’s face was puzzled. When she turned in the direction she saw a handsome face smiling back at her. Her eyebrows scrunched up before the realization hit her when he finally stepped into the store. “Oh my God! I thought you weren’t coming back from Japan till the beginning of next year?” She gave him a hug.

“Who’s he?” Sulli asked.

“Lee Taemin. He’s a good friend of mine.” Krystal explained a little.

“Why were you staring at Krystal like she was some kind of monster, not even two seconds ago?”

“I just thought she was someone who… left. But I was wrong.” Taemin smiled lightly.

“This is Choi Jinri. But she also is known as Sulli.” Krystal introduced her to him.

Sulli held her hand out and looked Taemin up and down then let out a smile, “Nice to meet you! By any chance, are you single?”

“Sull!” Krystal smacked her friends arm as Taemin started to laugh, “And no, he has a girlfriend.”

“You do?” She said dully. “Yes I do.” He nodded.

“For how long?” She continued her interrogation.

“Two years I think?” Taemin turned to Krystal who nodded. “Oh… Plan on marrying her?” Sulli tried her luck again.

“Sulli!” Her embarrassed friend yelled again at Sulli’s persistence. “Yes I do plan on marrying her.”

“Well damn… That lucky . What does she do and how did she get you?”

“Sulli please stop talking.” Krystal closed her eyes and threw her head back. Taemin was very amused with this conversation. “She’s a model-”

“Well that explains it…” Sulli glanced around in the awkward silence, “Well this is awkward. I’m just going to get coffee. Meet me there Krys.” She said she quickly walked out of the store.

“Alright then,” Krystal waved to Sulli and turned back to her unexpected visitor, “What are you doing in Myeongdong, let alone Korea?”

“My friend just went through something tough in the past month so I’m here to hopefully get him out of his rut.”

“What a good friend.” Krystal lightly applauded, “When did you get here?”

“Actually, I got here…” He glanced at his watch, “Three hours ago.”

“And you decided to spend your first twelve hours out alone?”

“Like I said, I am meeting a friend to have some cheer up time. And, before you ask, I have already talked to Naeun and I am having dinner with her tomorrow. She told me to spend time with Kai first instead of her.” Taemin enlightened Krystal.

“She’s so sweet. Well, I will see you later. I think I should go find Kai, I feel like he already arrived.” Taemin said walking out of the store holding the door open for Krystal.

“Is Kai the name of your friend in a rut?”

“Yeah, not his real name though,” Taemin shrugged, “Just a nickname like yours, Jessica’s and your odd friend.”

“So I see.” Krystal lightly laughed, “It was great seeing you. Before you go back come visit me and tell Naeun I say hi.” She waved to her old friend who was walking in the opposite direction. “To Jinri.” She whispered to herself.

On her way to the coffee shop, Krystal took her time. She knew that line must have been long so she was guessing Sulli had just ordered. Walking along the sidewalk she admired all the shops. The bright lights coming from the shops and all the happy people and couples she passed lifted her mood.

The lone girl arrived at a cross walk and looked straight ahead. There she saw the Starbucks with Sulli placing her purse on a chair that was seated next to the window. Sulli looked up and saw Krystal through the window and waved. Krystal began walking across the street waving back without realzing her surroundings. Only saw Sulli spilling the coffee and her face filling with horror along with everyone else who was facing the window. Next thing she saw was a light then her body was in contact with the road. 

Kai dragged himself towards his fridge, craving some sort of alcohol. Taeyeon’s voice echoed in his head, ‘No alcohol… No doing stupid things…’

“ it.” He said ignoring her voice and opened the fridge to only find nothing but water, fruit and some left overs with a half-gallon of milk. Slamming the fridge out of frustration a note gently landed on the floor. “From Taeyeon,” Kai read out loud, “I removed all alcohol from this apartment. Including all the hidden ones under your bed, floorboard and behind the television. I am not stupid. Alcohol is a no, no. You may only drink alcohol with adult supervision. Love, Taeyeon. P.S. Drink some water, and don’t be stupid.” Kai wanted to rip up that note and throw it away. But he also knew that Taeyeon was just doing the best for him. He placed the note on his counter and grabbed his phone. Only then he realized he had three new voice messages, not from the person he was hoping for, but from someone.

“Jongin, are you okay? I’ll be in Korea soon. Let’s go out when I get there?”

“Yah Kim Jongin! Kim Taeyeon told me you are being a suicidal mess. Stop it! Death is never an answer. Remember what we do when we feel like the world is against us? Dance. We dance until we run out of energy to give a . That is the only lifeless Jongin I will ever accept.”

“Do you ever get tired of talking to yourself? I do. I’m tired. And how can you not smile when Chanyeol is around?! Ungrateful bastard! Call me back you !....”

The line went quiet and he heard a distant voice but still Taemin’s, “That was too harsh on him… I should apologize… Bye Love you!”

He ended the message with screaming. For once after a month of searching and a month of moping, he actually smiled, shockingly. Chanyeol was usually the one to make him smile first, and Taemin kept him like that.

Pressing the call back button, he waited for the other line to answer. His smile grew when he heard the relief in the other end, “God bless! You are finally communication with a person other than Taeyeon!”

“Welcome back to Seoul Taeminnie.” Kai tried to sound as enthusiastic as he could get.

“Get ready and come to Myeongdong, you need some fresh air. All that air in you apartment is probably old, rotten and depressing. You need fresh, uplifting happy air!” Kai couldn’t see Taemin but he knew that Taemin was smiling and inhaling air.

“I’ll see you in twenty minutes.” Kai said before hanging up. Taemin was and is always there for him. He didn’t know what Taemin has that makes him so happy and feel better, but for some reason it always ends up working. It was just this time around, he wasn’t sure if he could make him feel better. What Kai really wanted to feel better, was for Yoona to be right next to him again.

 

“In front of the book store…” He read the message as he walked on the sidewalk. Kai stood in front of a jewelry store trying to read the signs and figure out which way to go to get to the bookstore that Taemin was in. A light sigh came out as he leaned on a light post, “Yoona loves books.”

At that moment, without realizing, his head turned right. A girl passed him, heels clicking against the pavement was the only sound he heard. That too reminded him of Yoona, who loved to always wear heels. Kai got a glimpse of her face as she turned to look at some of the stores.

He stood wide-eyed, staring at her back in utter disbelief, “Yoona?”

Shoving his phone into his pocket he called out her name. No response. He began to walk towards her but paused as he saw her crossing the street as an oncoming car was headed her direction.

“Yoona!” Kai ran, in his mind he wasn’t sure about what he should do, since pulling her would still have a high possibility of her getting it.

She was in the middle of walking and waving as she turned her head, face to face with a car. Reaching out his hand, he pushed her with force on her back causing her to tumble out of the way, an inch away from getting hit on the narrow road.

The sound of the breaks of the car screeched as the sound of glass cracking followed. Screams and gasps were apparent as Krystal stared at the man who just saved her life.

Standing up, still a bit shaken, she hobbled towards the groaning body. She fell to her knees seeing him. Tears formed in her eyes looking at the wounded stranger. Blood trickling down his face as pieces of glass were stuck on his body, which was stained with the color red.

“You’re going to be okay. I promise, sir, please keep your eyes open.” Krystal hovered over him gently patting his face, avoiding the areas where the glass was.

Around her she could hear people asking if anyone called the police and several voices shocked in trauma speaking to officers on the phone reporting that an accident had occurred.

Kai on the other hand, was just staring up. All he could do. He couldn’t do anything else. He stared up at the blurry figure hovering over him. It was as if she was an angel that he couldn’t see. But he guessed that it was the girl he was tailing.

Kai heard her voice, though it was distant, “…Keep your eyes open.” He felt a drop hit his face, not knowing if it was just the blood traveling down his now pale face, or if it was her tears. Not knowing what to do, he gathered up his energy to say, “Don’t leave me…”


Author's Note: First Chapter is up? How was it? Leave it in the comments below, if you liked it subscirbe, comment and or upvote! Thank you for reading! Till Next time!

Other Stories- Different : It's Magic | An Unintentional Mistake Not Your Average Relationship (Complete) | Living An "Average" Life