I Just Want To Forget It All

Fraying Synchrony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Sorry. Short chapter :(

THREE

i just want to forget it all

Ji Hyo’s heart ached for Gary. Why, she thought, doesn’t he see anything in me? Is there something wrong with me? Why can’t he love me? A small voice whispered, there’s nothing wrong, it’s just that you simply aren’t the one for Gary. “But I want to be the one,” whispered Ji Hyo to herself, miserably.

Ji Hyo picked up her phone and stared desolately at the photo of her with Gary. She remembered the filming for Emergency Couple, acting as drunken Oh Jin Hee, when Gary featured as the substitute driver. She remembered the deafening drum that was her heart as he held her and hoisted her into the car. She had been fully aware of his arms around her - had he been deaf, that he did not hear her pounding heartbeat? She remembered the goosebumps all over her arms - thank goodness she had been wearing a jacket. Being an actress, she thought she had held back her emotions quite well, preventing herself from throwing her arms around him. She didn’t know why she craved him so much at that time.

But now she knew.

And her heart felt like it would explode from the yearning, the longing.

She wanted his arms to envelope her in their warm embrace again. She wanted his voice to wash over her whole self like music again. She wanted his beautiful eyes to swallow her whole again.

Ji Hyo buried her face in her hands and cried.

The tinkling ringtone aroused Ji Hyo from her restless slumber. Exhausted and heartbroken, she had fallen asleep. With a throbbing headache and a face stiff from dried tears, she d for her phone.

Seeing the caller ID, her heart nearly stopped.

“Kang Gary”

As fast as it had halted, her heart began to rapidly thud against her ribcage, demanding to be let out. He was calling her! Her heart soared and the weight on her shoulders lifted. She laughed, and her voice was hoarse from crying. Clearing , she smiled and answered the phone; she set it to loudspeaker so she could fully appreciate his gorgeous voice.

“Gary-ah?”

“Ah! Ji Hyo-yah. You said you were sick, are you feeling better?” the crackling voice of Gary sounded over the speaker.

Ji Hyo’s smile stretched so widely over her face that it hurt. Now, that was the Gary she knew. The kind, caring man, the one she had fallen in love with. What had he called her for? Perhaps to... tell her that he had been wrong? That he never realised how wonderful Ji Hyo was? That he wanted to ask her out on a date? Ji Hyo barely dared to hope.

“Neh, oppa, I am feeling so much better...  I was... ahem... quite lonely...” (Here, Ji Hyo thought quite guiltily of Jong Kook but quickly brushed it off - she n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter