He's Getting Married?

Fraying Synchrony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ONE

he's getting married?

Jihyo alighted from the car which had brought her to the location for filming of the new Running Man episode. Her heels clicked repetitively on the hard, shiny marble floor of the hotel which the cast was to spend the night in. The sound of her heels reminded her of her first time on Running Man as a guest, and how hard it had been to walk around with them. One of the best decisions of my life was to join Running Man, she mused. A wistful smile curved her lips as the recollections she so fondly treasured came tumbling out. Jaesuk and HaHa arguing - hey, why are you calling her Ji Hyo just like that? It should be Song Ji Hyo-ssi!, the excitement of finding the golden pigs, the adrenaline when competing for the Running Balls… What wouldn’t she have given to relive all those beautiful moments. They were family now, one big happy Running Man family.

 

And she also remembered the filming of episode 8, when Kang Gary had commented “She has beautiful eyes.” Jihyo didn’t think anything about it at that time, but now she clung on to the memory like she was hanging off a cliff. Song Ji Hyo and Kang Gary. The Monday Couple. The name itself was beautiful enough and Ji Hyo's eyes visibly lit up at the mere thought of it. It was a gorgeous piece of art, Ji Hyo thought, and she would give her life to buy it.

The next morning, all the cast of Running Man gathered in the hotel lobby. Ji Hyo was the third one downstairs, after Jae Suk and Suk Jin. (“Jaesuk-oppa! Sukjin-oppa! Anyeohaseyo! How was your sleep?”) Her eyes, unusually alert, constantly watched the lift lobby, and some part of her was perfectly aware of the fact that she was waiting for Gary. Five minutes of restless fidgeting and he walked out, looking as fresh as the morning sun and as perfect as he had always been before. A small sigh escaped Ji Hyo’s mouth as she observed that man approaching.

It was Monday, Ji Hyo remembered, and she hoped Gary would do something cute today for his Monday girlfriend. A sideways smile, a wink, even a look of jealousy on his face as she laughed with the guest for the show that day. Lately, though, he had been rather cold towards her and for the life of her she couldn’t imagine why. Even on Mondays, he acted as if the Monday Couple had never existed. Ji Hyo’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter