Final

Everlasting crush

Taehyung was always the lonely boy type. It wasn't that he wanted to be alone or even that he was shy or anything else of that sort. No, actually, eight-year-old Kim Taehyung was much more like a cute little weirdo other kids were afraid to play with. What could make him so weird, you'd wonder, he was always so cute and cheerful, he would always make jokes and looked like a fluffy baby lion with a beautiful rectangular smile and big adorable eyes. Maybe his love for animals ? But then again, don't all kids love animals ? Well, actually, it was his unusual interest for aliens and his odd behaviour. Sometimes, Taehyung would smile widely, then one second later, he would go back to his poker face, which was kind of creepy. He would also talk about or do things no one would understand at all. There are times when he would even talk to himself and make people think he's crazy. Eventually, other kids would end up finding him weird and thinking he's himself an alien. And aliens were just like monsters under the bed to kids. Scary. Taehyung would always make other kids afraid of him though he didn't intend to. But he didn't mind. Let alone notice anything. Or perhaps he didn't care. To say the truth, he really did not care. He thought he was better off alone for he didn't need nor want to play with "mean" kids. He would call them fake playmates, wave at them and then would resume to playing by himself.

 

 

Whenever he was tired of playing, Taehyung would start drawing. He liked drawing cute little lions. Or big ones. At times, he would draw aliens. But one day, he started drawing something else. Or should I say, someone else. The boy was the same age as him but a bit shorter and it made him cute. He had big chubby cheeks and an adorable smile. And Taehyung swore his laugh was the cutest thing ever. His name was Jimin. Park Jimin. He was the complete opposite of Taehyung. Popular with girls, liked by both boys and teachers and sporty. Sometimes he would be a bit awkward, Taehyung noticed. But it's okay. It was cute. Did Taehyung actually know Jimin ? Of course not. Hell, Jimin wouldn't even notice he existed despite the fact they've been in the same class for the past five years. But Taehyung didn't mind. He was good being alone. And he enjoyed looking at Jimin from afar. Stalking ? No, that wasn't stalking. Taehyung was not a stalker. But somehow, he developed a strong attachment to Jimin even though they never talked to each other. So that's why he was only, just simply, and really innocently watching over him.

 

 

You can say Taehyung has a big crush on Jimin. But don't tell him, he doesn't know. Or rather he doesn't want to admit it. Even when he “accidentally” dropped a small bag of fresh homemade cookies on his desk once a year. On Valentine’s Day. And of course, Jimin didn’t know it was from Taehyung for the latter wasn’t brave enough to tell him. Though Jimin always wondered who would give him these wonderfully delicious cookies every year, he’d always smile when his eyes would land on the bag then happily eat them, which had the might to make Taehyung extremely happy. That wasn’t the only thing he would do for him though. When the day was finally over, Taehyung always made sure Jimin didn’t forget anything in class like he would sometimes. The poor dark-haired boy was so oblivious and forgetful it hurt Taehyung. The latter always thought he’d even be able to go to school in pajamas one day and not even notice anything before someone tells him.

 

 

The first time Taehyung actually got to talk to Jimin was in middle school, during their sixth grade. Taehyung had never ever spoken once to Jimin before that though they had been classmates for nine years. And that day, he swore it was the best day of his life. Park Jimin actually noticed him. Well, not really. He only asked him if he had a pencil to lend him. Of course he had one. He had only one pencil but he couldn’t care less. He really didn’t care if he couldn’t write anymore as long as Jimin could. Taehyung actually never got his pencil back but he didn’t mind. Jimin could keep it forever if he wanted to. It would make Taehyung more than happy. Was that creepy to think such a thing ?

 

 

 

When they entered high school, Taehyung’s locker was next to Jimin’s. And once again, they were classmates. At one point, Taehyung started believing it was fate. At times, he would even daydream and hope he’d slowly get close to Jimin. His hope faded away when Jimin extended his hand to him one day and introduced himself like they were complete strangers. But then again, they had never really talked to each other, so perhaps that’s why he did that. Taehyung didn’t know. He really didn’t know what to think of this but he went along with it anyway. After all, it was better than nothing. And now he got to be friends with him.

 

Somehow, Taehyung made a new friend during the same year. His first friend. The boy wasn’t in high school actually, he was his new neighbors’ son. Jeon Jungkook was his name. He was two years younger than him. The first day he arrived in town, he passed by Taehyung’s house and saw him trying to have his white fluffy cat go down a tree. He was shy but still decided to greet him randomly. And though Taehyung only nodded in answer, he looked contented with it before helping him with his cat. Since that day, the younger boy decided to follow his “Tae hyungie” everywhere he’d go. Taehyung had never wanted nor even thought about becoming friends with that kiddo - that is what he called him- but eventually, he started getting used to his presence. He didn’t mind him. Jungkook didn’t know anyone in their neighborhood and was too shy to make any friends though a lot of other students tried to befriend him, he was only interested on being Taehyung’s friend. The latter didn’t know the reason behind that but he never cared. What he would never admit though, was that he was kind of happy he was friends with “Kookie” for he could finally talk to someone and do weird things without being judged or anything. Instead, the younger would always smile or laugh.

 

 

Two years later, Jungkook finally entered high school. He was happy he could get to see his hyung even at school now, even though it’d last only one year as Taehyung was in senior year now and would leave for college when the year would be over. Taehyung had told Jungkook about the Jimin affair. He even got to see pictures of him for Taehyung was following him on Twitter. Jimin followed him back one day and Jungkook laughed at him for squealing like a chick. But he could understand his friend for the boy looked attractive. When he got to see the real deal, he was literally surprised. Never did he think Park Jimin, Taehyung’s everlasting crush, would be so hot. But of course, Jungkook was not interested in him for he had his eyes on a pretty girl.

 

 

During the past two years, Taehyung hadn’t really gotten any close to Jimin. The latter would greet him in the morning and tell him goodbye when school was over and that was pretty much about it. At times, he’d ask him things about homework or ask him for a pen which he would never give back. Taehyung got used to it at some point and started buying more pencils though his mother would frown at him and shake his head disapprovingly every time. She didn’t know why he’d always buy new pencils but would never ask why or say anything about it as it was cheap and they were a well-to-do family.

 

 

When he wasn’t daydreaming about Jimin or sleeping, or even texting Jungkook and spamming him only to annoy the out of him because the younger was a great student and didn’t like it when his hyung bothered him in class with random texts, drawing was Taehyung’s favourite thing-to-do-when-you're-bored-in-class. He was pretty good at it. And never did he stop drawing Jimin’s face. One day, when the bell rang and announced it was finally lunch break, Taehyung stayed in class a little longer. Usually, he would never do that because food was too important to him and his stomach would always growl wildly, but this time, he had to stay and watch what was happening. Jimin was breaking up with his current girlfriend. Because yes, Jimin was known to be very popular with girls and saying he didn’t enjoy it would be an utter lie. But he enjoyed it a bit too much for Taehyung’s liking. What he didn’t expect though, was that his worst fear came true when one of his classmates grabbed his notebook and started laughing at Taehyung’s drawing. The latter was so absorbed by Jimin’s words to his now ex-girlfriend that he had let his guard down and didn’t even notice it when a boy looked over his shoulder and found out about his secret. Taehyung completely failed at trying to get back his notebook and when the stupid guy called out for Jimin, he knew it was too late and all his hopes of ever being close to Jimin fell apart. He had expected Jimin to laugh at him, make a face or even find him creepy and disgusting. Much to his surprise, Jimin didn’t do any of that. Blinking, Taehyung could only watch as the older boy grabbed the notebook and glared at his classmate and so-called friend before he walked to the blushing boy with a sweet smile stuck to his face. Taehyung swore he could melt in his spot right away But that didn’t end here. The shorter boy handed him back his notebook before complimenting him about his drawing skills, making Taehyung blush all the more if that was even possible. The younger one didn’t do anything but thank him, silently scolding himself for even stuttering when all he said was a simple “Thanks”.

 

 

Of course, Taehyung had told Jungkook everything that happened at lunch. The younger rolled his eyes at his hyung’s shyness and only chuckled lowly when he sighed in despair and whined about being completely ridiculous. Of course, Jungkook was no more shy with Taehyung by now. And the latter slowly came to realize that his dongsaeng was smarter and way more evil than he thought. At the end of the day, he was reminded of that when the not-so-innocent boy pushed him strong enough to make his hyung bump into Jimin by the school gates. That Jimin, the very one that Taehyung has been crushing on for so long. Embarrassed, Taehyung bowed his head down and apologized at least three times before the older boy started chuckling and tapped his shoulder gently to tell him it was okay. When Taehyung looked up at him, he instantly froze in his spot. His smile was so beautiful and it was probably the first time he got to see it that close. As cheesy as it was, Taehyung swore he could feel butterflies in his stomach at that very moment. But that didn’t last long for his friend popped up suddenly next to him and greeted Jimin as if it was the most common thing ever. Taehyung’s eyes widened at his next words. Jungkook actually asked Jimin if it was okay for him to eat lunch with them tomorrow because his hyung has been wanting to ask him for a while but he never dared to. Just when Taehyung was about to deny, Jimin laughed and agreed before waving goodbye and walking away.

 

 

Though he got upset at Jungkook at first, he had to admit he was very thankful to him because he never had the guts to ask such a thing to Jimin before. Hell, he even had a hard time asking him back if he was okay in the morning. When it was finally time for lunch break, Jimin walked to Taehyung’s desk first and asked him if he was ready to go. Taehyung did his best to act natural and nodded before getting up and following him out of class. In order to fill the awkward silence, Jimin engaged a small talk and Taehyung tried his best not to look awkward, but it seemed like he failed for the older boy laughed at him, telling him he was cute and thus making him blush slightly. When they arrived in the cafeteria and got their food, they started looking for Jungkook but it seemed like he wasn’t here yet. Jimin shrugged it off and settled down on a table, saying he would probably come in a few minutes. But somehow, Taehyung knew deep down he wouldn’t. And his doubts were confirmed when he received a text from the younger one, saying he wouldn’t come because he didn’t want to ruin this precious moment. The brown-haired boy could only frown as he read the text, especially when he noticed the mehrong emoticon at the end. When Jimin noticed, he asked Taehyung if he was alright and the latter nodded before telling him Jungkook wouldn’t come because he was busy with something else at the moment. Which was obviously a lie because he was only eating with his new girlfriend in the backyard.

 

 

Having lunch with Jimin didn’t go as bad as Taehyung thought it would. They got along pretty well for now and Taehyung actually found out he had a lot in common with his crush. Just like him, Jimin liked playing video games and watching movies on friday nights. He also enjoyed climbing on trees to watch the starry sky when there wasn’t any clouds to prevent him from doing so. He liked music and basketball as well. There was so many things he had in common with him and Taehyung thought it was sad they didn’t get to become friends before.

 

 

 

It had been two months since the first time he got to have lunch with Jimin. Sometimes, Jimin would eat with him again and he even offered him to take him home with his motorbike a few times. Their friendship was made up of constant teasing, small pranks and jokes, random texts, playing video games or basketball and sometimes watching the stars at night. Taehyung was always certain he’d never be more than a friend to Jimin until the latter kissed his lips suddenly right after he got off his motorbike one day. Shocked. That was basically how Taehyung was. He was pretty sure he felt his soul leave his body for a second before coming back, only to realize that Jimin was already driving away.

 

 

After that kiss, Taehyung wasn’t sure of how he was supposed to act in front of Jimin but when the older boy only greeted him the next day and talked to him like nothing ever happened, he decided he’d do the same for he was afraid of making a fool of himself. Jungkook kept encouraging his hyung, but it was useless. The brown-haired boy was too scared of ruining his friendship with Jimin. He was fine only being Jimin's friend.

 

 

Two weeks passed and it seemed like Jimin couldn’t hold it in anymore. The boy wasn’t that oblivious, he did notice how Taehyung’s behaviour changed after that though he tried to hide it. Taehyung didn’t seem to have understood what that kiss meant to him. Seeing that he never tried to talk about it to him, he thought the younger didn’t like it so he decided to have a talk with him. That’s why he was waiting for him to come out his house after having sent him a text saying he’d be there in five minutes. Taehyung had never felt so nervous in his entire life. He was certain Jimin would tell him some bad news like he didn’t want to be friends with him anymore because of that kiss. When he was finally in front of his crush, he didn’t even have the time to open his mouth for Jimin’s lips were on his. His eyes widened slightly and he felt his heart beat increase just like the first time. When the shorter boy finally broke the kiss, he didn’t wait for Taehyung to react and started speaking immediately.

 

“Listen, I didn’t know what to tell you about this the first time and I thought I’d come here and apologize to you but somehow I feel like I can’t because I don’t feel one bit guilty for stealing a kiss from you. I just.. kind of like you.”

 

Silence.

 

“If you want to hit me, that’s fine.” Jimin added.

 

Surprisingly, Taehyung did hit Jimin. It wasn’t a hard punch, but he did punch him on his shoulder. Jimin wasn’t expecting that kind of reaction from the younger and he really didn’t know what this meant but then again, Taehyung has always been a weird guy and he had to admit he couldn’t understand him sometimes. But that’s what made him so cute and attractive. Just when he was about to speak again, the taller boy grabbed him by the shoulders and kissed him. Finally. “If that is a dream then please, never wake me up” Jimin thought. When Taehyung pulled back, he grinned widely and chuckled, making Jimin smile unknowingly.

 

“I don’t like you. But you’re y so I guess you can be my boyfriend.”

 

Rolling his eyes at Taehyung’s words, Jimin wrapped his arms around his waist before leaving a soft kiss on his jaw. Just when he was about to kiss him again, he heard a snicker coming from a few feet away. Both Jimin and Taehyung turned their head, only to see Jungkook looking at them from his window and waving at them innocently.

 

“Guys, I swear that was even cheesier than in the movies. Yah, Jimin-ah, if you want to Taehyung, please don’t do it in front of my house.” Jungkook shouted.

 

“How many times did I tell you to call me hyung, you brat ?!”