i kinda basically sorta love you.

I Kinda Basically Sorta Love You

 

 


i kinda basically sorta love you.


 

 

 

 

When someone would enter their house, one supposed to be greeted with 'welcome back' or a simple 'how was your day' would do it too. Oh Sehun could only dream from those pleasant words since he would probably never hear them. He wasn't alone, he had a boyfriend but this person was a bit different. He was not the typical boyfriend, more like one of a kind.

 

 

 

So the moment Sehun stuck his key into the lock and prayed that his boyfriend made food, he froze. In the rush for hunger and driven by impatience he totally forgot that he had to do something first. It was irritating at the beginning but now Sehun got used to it. He stepped back, letting his other keys dangle from the opening and took a deep breath. He took off his jacket and began to sniff on it. He turned it in different ways and was done after a couple of seconds.

 

 

He looked ridiculous; he knew and was embarrassed at the start. Although now he had no choice to do it or not. Making sure to not be able to smell any girl's perfume was important. He didn't approach girls because he already had someone waiting with a gun- okay this was exaggerated. A very possessive and nagging boyfriend was at home. So Sehun could not risk being a victim of his beating even if there was the faintest scent.

 

 

 

He put his jacket back on after finding zero perfume- of course he was faithful- and went back to his keys. He turned it around and opened the door after hearing it click. He didn't know when this sniffing thing started. The first few times his boyfriend came up to him to check, Sehun ignored it, thinking there was probably a reason behind it. But then it got to the point of happening almost everytime they see each other. It left him confused, wondering if there was something that he did wrong. Then he noticed that Lu Han was checking for any scents on him, of course.

 

 

 

Sehun turned his back and closed the door, knowing that someone hated it when the door wouldn't be instantly closed. When he turned around and lowered himself to take off his shoes, he felt something sharp poke his cheek which caused him to stand up straight. He hasn't expected his boyfriend to go that far and use knives. Even so Lu Han was standing there with a blue apron on; a knife was in his left hand. He raised this hand again, which startled Sehun who stepped backwards against the door.

 

 

 

"Where were you."

 

 

 

It wasn't even a question. Sehun knew that this would happen, it was a routine. "With Jongin. Left at one pm and we were out till four thirty pm. It takes half an hour to get from his house to here, so it should be five by now." It was ridiculous and amusing that Sehun explained everything as if he was born to do it. His eyes didn't twitch not did he stutter or tremble. Lu Han checked the time on his wristwatch and hummed at the time: five.

 

 

 

 

They weren't done yet.

 

 

 

 

Lu Han came closer, not being satisfied and tip toed so that he could lean on Sehun. He nuzzled his nose between neck and shoulder, taking in the scent. Then when he finished he dragged his nose down to Sehun's chest and sniffed it as well. He just wanted to be sure. He obviously trusted Sehun and all that . A bit of checking wouldn't hurt right? After giving Sehun a slap on his chest, Lu Han huffed and strutted away probably towards the kitchen. Before he completely disappeared, he raised his hand particularly the one with the knife:

 

 

 

"Take your shoes off, if you don't want to die. Wash your hands and don't throw your jacket on the floor. Or any other clothes. I'll beat your and then you can try to clean up with broken limbs."

 

 

 

Sehun hadn't even opened his mouth and was threatened like that. He, as much as he could tried to keep the words he wanted to say, in his mind and not say it out loud with Lu Han around. He wasn't the person to talk back and never missed any of Lu Han's orders to do something. He would never refuse anything Lu Han said simply because it was...him. What he felt wasn't fear- to be honest he was in a way afraid but then again he was physically much stronger than Lu Han so he shouldn't have any problems.

 

 

The thing though was that it wasn't about physical strength. Sehun would listen to Lu Han not because he was scared but that it was comfortable. He just did it. Although if the orders would be strange ones like 'clip my toenails' then Sehun certainly would refuse that. He only listened to reasonable things like doing the laundry and cleaning up. Sometimes it felt like Sehun was dating a mother.

 

He unconsciously smiled because he was in a way right.

 

 

 

 

 

"What did you make?"  The question came after Sehun had taken off his shoes and walked into the kitchen. The knife from earlier was on the counter and Lu Han had taken a seat at the table. He held a fork in his hands and was chewing something. Sehun's sight lowered itself from Lu Han's concentrated face down to his plate. It was a piece of cake. Was that going to be their lunch?

 

 

 

"Are we seriously going to eat this?" Sehun voiced out those horrifying thoughts and sat across his boyfriend who kept on eating. He looked up at the younger and shrugged his shoulders. As if he was saying 'can't you tell?' How Sehun hated it if he didn't get any response from the other. Was that so difficult to just say a few sentences?

 

 

 

"This is what I'm going to eat since Haowen is craving it." Finally an answer, Lu Han waved his fork to the both sides while he was saying that.

 

 

 

Sehun propped his elbow on the table and leaned his cheek on his palm. "I should have stayed at Jongin's. At least I could have eaten there his mom's food. She's great." He shouldn't have said that, naming someone else's cooking skills in front of Lu Han. The elder narrowed his eyes, definitely coming up with ways of how to answer back. When he eventually had something good to say, he was cut off by Sehun:

 

 

 

"Then why are you even wearing an apron? You aren't cooking anything." He tilted his head and waited for Lu Han's words. Usually he wasn't that brave and would just accept whatever would come at him. But now, he was curious why his boyfriend would wear the apron if he had no intention of cooking. Did he by chance planned to cook and then failed? Or did he mess up and decided to just drop it and eat cake?

 

 

 

 

Lu Han's answer was simple.

 

 

 

"It's cute. The apron. I wanted to wear it."

 

 

 

 

He normally didn't say that things were cute. Sehun swallowed and let his eyes trail over Lu Han's stomach. Was it because of Haowen? Did he make Lu Han do that? He slightly smiled, not being aware that something was in front of his lips. Sehun felt something sharp and looked down to see the fork with some cake topping. He dumbly blinked and then stared back at Lu Han who was holding his arm out.

 

 

 

"Hurry up, my arm is going to fall down!"

 

 

 

Sehun nodded and opened his mouth to be fed by other. He didn't chew nor swallow at the first passing seconds; his eyes were only at Lu Han. That was strange; he usually didn't feed Sehun as well. This was the first time in a long while, surely Haowen's doing again. Sehun smiled for the second time and began to actually eat it since Lu Han gave him the how-long-do-you-take look. Such a sight was rare because Lu Han tended to be more of a complaining type than affectionate. That didn't mean that didn't care for Sehun though, he just didn't show it much.

 

 

 

 

Grabbing a nearby tissue, Lu Han leaned even more forward and brushed some cream from Sehun's lips:

 

 

 

"Ah you eat so well. Just be careful to not make anything dirty. Hmm?"

 

 

 

He was so unnecessarily close (both knew it) and kept on rubbing the tissue even though it he was clean already. Lu Han afterwards brought his arm down and began getting more cake. He held it out for Sehun again who without saying anything ate it. He actually didn't like it to be babied. He was the youngest in their friend circle and regardless of that he disliked it to be called cute or any sorts of that. He just didn't like it. Lu Han petting and feeding him however was a totally different story. He clearly liked it to be taken care of by Lu Han although he would have given any other person a cold shoulder.

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun treasured those moments when none of them said anything and Lu Han wasn't for once nagging.

 

 

 

 

 

"Aw you really eat well!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-x-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Painting was harder than either of them thought.

 

 

 

 

Since there were only two months left for Haowen to come and annoy the out of them, Sehun and Lu Han had to speed up. They already had an empty room in their apartment which wasn't used for anything. So why not use it for a baby's room? It was not that Sehun wanted Haowen to be sandwiched between him and Lu Han while sleeping. Their bed was big enough but an own room would be better for him.

 

 

After buying tons of paint for the walls, some toys, a bed, blankets, diapers and all that other stuff, Sehun and Lu Han found themselves standing in front of the room. It was time to change some stuff. Sehun couldn't care less that his boyfriend was pregnant as he said that Lu Han in any case had to help him. Lu Han wouldn't let Sehun anyway alone to do something since he would definitely mess up. He instantly began nagging that Sehun needed help because he was incompetent.

 

 

 

 

"Let's do the walls first." Lu Han had a huge brush in his hand and was wearing dungarees. He had earlier told the younger to bring everything out so that they could work on the walls. He also ordered to cover the floor in plastic and newspaper in case if paint would drop. It was his first time doing this but at least he had done his research. In no way he would disappoint his parents, Haowen or Sehun.

 

 

 

 

Sehun was wearing some old white shirt that he could dirty, same with his washed out jeans. He opened the paint up and inspected its colour. He could feel that Lu Han came from behind and went down to his knees. He stared at the colour liquid and then back to its cover which had a picture of the colour. He nodded; satisfied that it indeed was this colour. It was not a big deal for Sehun if it would have been a shade darker or lighter as for him blue was blue. Compared to Lu Han who would rush back to the shop and demand a refund.

 

 

 

 

 

"Don't put your brush so deep in it!"

 

 

 

 

Forcing himself to not roll his eyes at Lu Han's 24/7 nagging, Sehun replied with yes and pulled it back out. Wait shouldn't he start from the top? He looked at the white wall and thoughtfully blinked at it. And he could paint it all the way down. That sounded good. "Lu Han, I think we should start from the top." Walking towards him, Sehun placed his hand and Lu Han's shoulder who was still gazing at the paint with his full interest. He looked up at the younger and then got up with Sehun's help so that he wouldn't slip on the plastic and newspapers.

 

 

 

 

"How should we get up there? You and Jongin broke the ladder. That's exactly why I told you not to use it! But you never listen to me. You are like a child. A child. This is what happens if you don't listen to me! I swear you drive me crazy!" He didn't even know how those two idiots managed to do that. How could they break a metal ladder? They weren't fat or anything. And what possibly could they have put on it?

 

 

 

 

Lu Han groaned and was waving his brush back and forth since those idiots were too much for him. He couldn't stand it when Sehun never listened to him. What was he? Ten?

 

 

 

 

"You are so cute when you are angry." This stupid comeback was one of the reasons why Sehun was an idiot. He even dared to smile and pinch Lu Han's cheek after saying that.

 

 

 

"You know what? Let's stop this and get back to work." Lu Han pushed Sehun's hands away from his face, realising that they didn't do anything. They were just talking and losing time.

 

 

 

 

"Sure. I know how to get to the top. Get on my shoulders." Kneeling down on the plastic and having his hands at his sides was an invitation for Lu Han to hop on. Was that his plan? They didn't have a ladder so both of them should do it. Though wouldn't Sehun get exhausted? Lu Han would rather die than admit it but he knew that he was heavy and for all three walls...he would definitely break Sehun's bones. For now he could try it out though as they could borrow or buy another ladder another time.

 

 

 

 

"Don't complain later." Grabbing Sehun's hands he whispered that and put each leg on the other's shoulders. When Sehun stood straight up Lu Han bit a yelp away and rather closed his eyes. He was still afraid of heights but this was for Haowen whom he could not abandon. With one hand he firmly held onto Sehun's hand and the other was raised so that he could touch the ceiling. He did make it; initially he thought that he and Sehun together would be too tall. He was happy that he was wrong.

 

 

 

 

 

"Wait Lu Han I'm getting some pain-"

 

 

 

"Don't let go of my hand!"

 

 

 

 

Blushing hard he tightened the grip on Sehun's hand when the younger walked back to the paint. They obviously needed that and someone had to get it. Sehun and Lu Han were both surprised from Lu Han's words but Sehun was nice enough to ignore that. He knew that Lu Han was as independent as someone could be, so saying that was contradicting himself. He bit his lips and blushed more when Sehun didn't say anything to that. He simply dunked the brush inside it and got it out with enough paint. He handed it over to Lu Han and did this quickly because no paint shall mess up his hair.

 

 

 

 

 

"This is too much! You can't use this much paint." Lu Han gasped and his original nature was instantly showing. No matter how embarrassed he was, nothing would escape his nagging. Sehun had other problems as Lu Han's big stomach made it difficult for him to look up. He didn't say anything which could be interpreted into: just-do-it-your-stomach-is-killing-me-alive. That wasn't a lie at all.

 

 

 

 

The elder huffed and did it anyway. He positioned the brush at the very top corner and slowly went down. He kept on doing this until around a little less than the middle of the wall. Afterwards he handed the brush over to Sehun so that he could go all the way down to the bottom. Like this one tiny part of the huge wall was down. Sehun helped his boyfriend get off him as he then touched his aching neck and let out a whine. They could never finish everything like that. Maybe in a few years considering that they needed ten minutes to do this little section.

 

 

 

 

 

"You know what? Let's just buy a new one." Sehun sighed and rested his head on Lu Han's lap since they sat down. He was tired from this much so how could he do everything else? Much to his aching body, Lu Han flicked his fingers on Sehun's forehead while scowling. How dumb could he be? Why would they waste money for a new one?

 

 

 

 

 

"Stupid. We can borrow one. We're not going to buy a new one okay? You never think with you brain." He complained but surprisingly brushed his thumb over Sehun's cheek. He knew how tired he was so he shut his mouth before saying more stuff. Sehun couldn't quite ignore the bright blush that adorned Lu Han's cheeks though, and the way he seemed fretful. Somehow, he didn't think that Lu Han's reactions were bad, and instead, felt some kind of swelling in his pride that he was only to him like that.

 

 

 

His personality was difficult to figure out. He complained a lot and seemed like a mother but at the same time he had this caring side that a boyfriend would have whenever he fed Sehun. There was also cute part of him which was pretty good at hiding but Sehun knew that it existed. Like Lu Han getting angry was one of most adorable sights he had ever seen. He didn't openly show any other sides except his nagging and caring sides and Sehun was okay with that.

 

 

 

Lu Han was not bipolar. When he nagged he didn't scream like if he was in a huge fight. He just asked why Sehun did this and that. And afterwards he would say that he shouldn't have done that blah blah blah. He had this cute face with his furrowed brows and his raised fist that couldn't hurt anyone. He was due to his pregnancy weak and wouldn't attempt to beat up Sehun. Although pregnant or not, Lu Han was physically too weak to dominate Sehun in any way. He was proud of his thighs though which he got from playing so much football. He would sometimes use them to strangle Sehun or simply kick him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Let's just steal Jongin's ladder."

 

 

"Sure."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It took nine hours with breaks to finish all walls.

 

 

 

 

They had taken Jongin's ladder without his permission and used it. It was his responsibility that he broke their ladder with Sehun so he could complain later. It was only one ladder so basically Sehun was the one who painted. Lu Han was just sitting in the back and was eating ice cream and other stuff while telling Sehun that he was doing it wrong. He was putting too little and then too much paint and that he forgot to go over other places. He sometimes stood up and showed Sehun how it was done.

 

 

 

Instead of talking, Lu Han could work on building up Haowen's bed. He didn't have a problem when he heard that but as he looked over the paper of how to build it, he was done. He had no clue and for the first hour he just sat there cross legged, surrounded by wood and paper. He didn't want to ask for help because he didn't want to appear helpless. But when Sehun was done with all the walls, he had no choice.

 

 

Sehun walked over to him while brushing some invisible dust from the front of his shirt, before straightening his clothes out. There was some blue on his cheekbone but didn't seem bothered by that. He took a seat on the newspapers next to Lu Han. "How is it going?" He asked, ignoring the pain in his arms. He didn't even know how he could paint it all alone. The room was not that big so this was an explanation. At least he was finally done and could relax. He laid his head on Lu Han's shoulder and looked at the sheet in his hand.

 

 

 

"Sehun I don't even get the Chinese translation. What the is this..." Lu Han rolled his eyes and crumpled the paper in his hands. How was he supposed to make a bed of this...wood? He felt Sehun moving his head on his shoulder as he was probably also looking at the instructions. He was worn out but a simply peek wouldn't do anything right? He took the paper and read through it after looking for the Korean version.

 

 

 

"This is one and two okay?" Sehun pointed at both sides grids. "And this is three." He touched the longest piece of wood and then glanced at the paper to understand more. He clarified it for the confused Lu Han that all the parts were numbered and to make it easier to understand the instructions involves the numbers rather than the words. The look on Lu Han's face was priceless. He turned around and covered his mouth in an attempt to hold in whatever was causing his face to turn extremely red. He was pointlessly complicating everything.

 

 

 

 

 

Two, three what? How the hell was he supposed to do that? He sneakily let his eyes glance over to Sehun who was trying to figure out how to start. He hummed, giving the impression of being sleep deprived. His eyes were drooping; it was somewhat dark under his eyes. Lu Han was about to nag at him for not sleeping enough. He knew how important it was for Sehun to have it all ready for Haowen. But then Sehun dropped the wood in his hand, sprawled across the newspapers and propped his head on Lu Han's lap.

 

 

 

 

"W-What are you doing?! D-Didn't I tell you to not do that?!" Lu Han whimpered, willing all his blood to not travel up to his face. The other seemed oblivious as he made himself comfortable. He laid in a fairly peaceful nap and that someone was watching him, sent cold chills up his spine. He looked down and tried to speak but his shy nature over took him and his voice faltered. If he only just could build up enough courage to speak. He actually wasn't like this but Sehun sleeping on him in such a way that he resembled a child- was cute.

 

 

 

 

He was too cute to be woken up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lu Han petted Sehun's head which hair was badly tousled.

 

 

 

 

 

"You've worked hard."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sleep well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-x-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you scared?"

 

"Yeah."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lu Han kicked Sehun's leg under the table when he saw that the other was about to fall asleep. His face would definitely fall into his cereals which would cause quite a mess. And Lu Han was not in the mood to clean up. He knew that Sehun was doing his best to support Lu Han. He had two part time jobs on top of his studies and was helping Lu Han at home out. He only had a month to go. Sehun was aware that Lu Han didn't need that much help for anything just small errands.

 

 

 

 

 

And even so, he wanted to do as much as possible.

 

 

 

 

Their parents weren't supporting them as both were in their twenties and could do it alone. It was their decision to have Haowen and so it was their responsibility to prepare everything for his arrival. Who wouldn't be so happy that someone was supporting them? Lu Han was obviously happy but too much was too much. He was conscious of Sehun's dislike towards his nagging but despite that he had to do that. He had to nag at Sehun to make him understand that he cared for him. He only wanted the best for Sehun so nagging had to come with it.

 

 

 

 

 

"Sehun drink your tea properly! Sit up straight or I'll make you. Come home early, if you are even one minute late you are dead. Take a break from work I need someone to buy me something to eat. You don't want me and Haowen to starve right?" Lu Han was glaring throughout the whole speech across from Sehun and held onto his own cup.

 

 

 

 

 

You have to drink a lot

 

 

It's not good for your back

 

 

I don't want to be alone

 

 

I want to eat with you

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sure sure. Stop frowning like that. You look cute." Upon hearing this Lu Han looked up and was so lost in his eyes that he did not notice that the bell rang. He was dumbly staring at Sehun, the hotness of the coffee inside his cup was warming his fingers. Everything was forgotten when the words went against through his mind. Who was cute? Lu Han forgot that he had been too busy blushing and focusing on everything else but him. He looked up and noted that Sehun was gazing straight at him, full of things he couldn't really recognise.

 

 

 

 

 

 

There was impatient knocking on the door.

 

 

 

 

Sehun smiled and got up because he couldn't imagine Lu Han who was so far to get up. He made his way over but then stopped. He stopped since he turned around to Lu Han and let his hand drop on the elder's head. He let his hand linger there longer than necessary before he did something that surprised Lu Han. Sehun leaned down and pecked him- too quick to pull away.

 

 

 

His cheeks flushed red and he scolded himself at blushing at a time like this around Sehun but he couldn't help it. He couldn't even tell Sehun off as he disappeared to open the door.

 

 

 

Lu Han blushed once more and raised his full cup as if he was going to throw it at Sehun.

 

 

"Stupid."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Why is Lu Han still here? Even when your stomach is as big as a watermelon?" Chanyeol asked with his damn loud voice and walked in with Kim Jongin following his back. They probably came to pick up Sehun as they were all going to the same college. Lu Han didn't dislike them but he was annoyed at those two idiots that turned Sehun stupid. It was their influence. And what did he mean with watermelon? Glaring at both of them didn't work because they didn't notice and sat down at the dinner table.

 

 

 

"Watermelon? I'm going to turn your eye into a watermelon if you don't shut up. How many times do I have to tell you to not hang around with them?! They aren't good for you Sehun." Lu Han muttered under his breath and still sounded menacing, maybe because of his hand that kept on twitching. He was aching to slap Chanyeol hard, might as well Jongin but he didn't say anything worth of being hit. Yet. His time would come.

 

 

 

"But they are my best friends."

 

 

 

 

"A sack of potatoes are better friends." Lu Han answered to Sehun's disgusting pouting. He couldn't stand that as well which he certainly picked up from Jongin since he was the self-claimed king of aegyo. In his own deluded world of course. Anyways he had better things to do then listen to their insults. Yes Lu Han was fatter now and probably uglier but they didn't have to rub it into his face. At least Sehun was capable of learning as Lu Han had to tell him how to act in college.

 

 

 

There he was going again. Telling Sehun to do this and that. To not look, breathe and act in a certain way. Lu Han just wanted Sehun to completely listen to him without having to yell after him and pull his ear. Sometimes Lu Han asked himself if his boyfriend was a child.

 

 

 

"Are you listening to me? Don't take too long! Don't talk to strangers! Look at girls and you're dead, I see you Oh Sehun! Listen to me and go to your lesson and everything will be fine. Understood?" He didn't want to be intimidating but he had to act harsh to get this information into Sehun's peanut brain. Lu Han trusted him though there was no way to talk around it. He poked the younger with his elbow who was sitting next to him. He was waiting an answer and didn't have to wait long.

 

 

 

Lu Han smiled when he saw the nod coming from the younger and ruffled his hair.

 

 

 

 

"Such a good boy~"

 

 

 

 

"I'm not a dog."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lu Han's smile faded away but he carried on caressing Sehun's head. There was a huge difference between a dog and Sehun apart from begin human and animal. Dogs are known for being obedient when trained well unlike Sehun who had to get everything repeated three hundred times.

 

 

 

"Of course you aren't. A dog listens better to me than you do."

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol who was sitting across them next to Jongin gave Sehun a bottle of water.

 

 

 

 

"Please apply water to the burned area BECAUSE LU HAN JUST BURNED YOU TO DEATH!"

 

 

 

 

He and Jongin didn't bother hiding their laughter by clapping their hands and slamming them on the table. They were afraid of Lu Han even so they couldn't deny that he had an interesting sense of humour. They didn't think that he would actually talk like that to Sehun. He was nicer to Sehun than both of them together. He always frowned when sighting the friends and gave them telepathically death threats to stay away from Sehun.

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun couldn't even come back with something because his ear was tugged pretty harshly. He loved Lu Han regardless of that; his ways to get a point across were very hurtful and consistent. Couldn't he just tell him to listen?

 

 

 

 

"Are you paying attention?! I said to come quickly back to me! Haowen thinks that it's pathetic to be alone with...those boys...ew..."

 

 

 

 

Touching the bulge on his stomach Lu Han snorted and looked away. Those peasants didn't even have the right to enter his home.

 

 

 

 

"HEY! HOW CAN YOU SAY THIS?!"

 

 

 

"I THOUGHT WE ARE FRIENDS!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Okay okay. Can we please stop this? Didn't you guys want to see how Haowen's room looks like?" Sehun asked and wanted to avoid a fight between them. He swore that he heard a 'who is Haowen' from Jongin and when he realized what he said he nervously smiled. He remembered and quickly got up to see the room and escape Sehun's look. He looked so horrified that Kai couldn't remember Sehun's son's name. Chanyeol followed him to not be a victim of Lu Han's murder glare.

 

 

 

 

The youngest sighed and went after them as they would surely break something.

 

 

 

As he was at the doorframe Sehun turned around and stole a glance at Lu Han. He was struggling to get up and when he was standing on his unsteady legs, Sehun strolled back to him. He threw his arm over Lu Han's shoulder and held with his other hand onto Lu Han's arm to slowly walk him. Getting help from someone was one of the things Lu Han disliked but if it was Sehun then he didn't mind.

 

 

 

 

Being halfway through the hallways they heard something crash.

 

 

 

 

Sehun sighed for the umpteenth time and tightened the hold on Lu Han.

 

 

 

 

"I knew it."

 

 

 

 

 

"SORRY!"

 

 

"IT WAS KAI'S FAULT!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-x-

 

 

 

 

 

 

Frowning lightly, Sehun watched the black ball of his pen roll over his notebook and sluggishly copied the characters from the board. One could easily see that he was not in a good mood despite his usual indifferent expression. Just on this particular day he seemed so down.

 

 

The reason for that was that Lu Han being in his surgery without him upset him. Sehun really wanted to be by his side. To hold his hand, do all these other things. But Lu Han didn't give him the permission because he was a grown man and didn't need that. It would also be better for Sehun to focus on his studies than be with him. How could he expect from Sehun to study if he could be a father in any second? He preferred it to not voice out his problems and concerns so Jongin next to him was not aware. He didn't know that Sehun was annoyed to be in this room if he could be with Lu Han.

 

 

 

 

His phone vibrating gave Sehun mixed signals, was that Lu Han? Did something happen to him? He was shaking from fear and excitement, Sehun couldn't keep his emotions in place because the screen displayed clearly Lu Han's name with a heart. It was a text message and not a phone call which was strange. Lu Han didn't like text messages so why would he write one? Sehun's lungs squeezed all the air which was going down in his throat and caused a dull pressure in his chest.

 

 

 

He was scared that something happened to Lu Han.

 

 

 

Sliding his phone under the table, Sehun opened the message up. He could see Kai glancing over to his side. He was probably also curious of this message.

 

 

 

 

From: Nag Han  

 

He looks like you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Those four words were enough for Sehun to take his bag and leave the room. There was photo attached to the sentence, it was Lu Han who had been sweating and looked so tired. His hair lost its shininess and natural glow only to be replaced by something in his arms. It was someone- so tiny and wrapped in blankets. Sehun could only assume that it was their son, Haowen. Finally the day came, the day when he could see his son. Being overwhelmed from this happiness he almost bumped into a group of teachers but quickly apologized.

 

 

 

He didn't have time to tell his own teacher why he was leaving so suddenly. Jongin would take care of that, well he hoped.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun almost couldn't bring it to himself to knock on the damn door. He was too afraid. What if something happened to Haowen? It had been twenty minutes since the message. Or what if Lu Han didn't do as well as he thought? He knew that he loved them equally and wouldn't set either of them before the other. So after complementing for a while, he pushed the handle down and stumbled in.

 

 

 

"Lu Han." Sehun couldn't say more. He saw how Lu Han raised his head from the little being in his arms and looked at Sehun. He appeared to be even more tired in real life. He was pale. "Are you okay?" He asked and came closer to the bed where Lu Han was in. He didn't get a verbal answer as Lu Han rather smiled and hummed. He was okay. Everything was okay. He was healthy and Haowen too. Sehun could interpret this all through that smile.

 

 

 

 

 

Lu Han was fine.

 

 

Haowen was fine.

 

 

 

 

 

That was all what Sehun wished for. He didn't need anything else. "Does he really look like me?" Sehun smiled himself and plopped himself on the bed next to Lu Han's legs. He moved forwards and gazed at this little baby that seemingly had too many of Sehun's genes. Usually for Lu Han all babies looked the same and he didn't see the difference between them except the skin colour.

 

 

 

 

But this baby was scarily looking like Sehun. He obviously had Lu Han's features too but the more obvious resemblances outshone the others.

 

 

 

 

"He really does...and he is so healthy....thank you Lu Han..." Sehun's eyes were only focused on the new-born and with mentioning his boyfriend he learned towards him and kissed Lu Han's cold forehead. He was proud of Lu Han for enduring the pain. Sehun doubted that Lu Han complained because of the pain. He complained but only at Sehun. It was like their thing. Lu Han replied that he obviously didn't make a scene. He was an adult and wouldn't go mad over a bit of pain.

 

 

 

"Did you tell your parents or mine? Or the others? Anyone except me?" Lu Han shook his head when he heard those questions. He didn't tell anyone, he wanted to be alone with Sehun. He would eventually call them because they were excited as well. Although there was now only time for Haowen and Sehun. He only wanted to be with them. It was selfish but at times it was okay to be selfish.

 

 

 

 

"I'm so tired...go Sehun buy me some ice cream. Don't take too long and if you flirt with anyone I will personally run a bus over you. Trust me I have a sixth sense and I'm more than glad to us-"

 

 

 

His threat was cut off by Sehun pressing his lips against Lu Han's.

 

 

 

 

 

"Thank you. Thanks to you Haowen is fine."

 

 

 

 

Lu Han blushed and rocked the baby in his arms even though he was sleeping already.

 

 

 

 

 

"You talk too much Sehun."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-x-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Haowen!"

 

 

"Haowen~come here!"

 

 

"Come to me!"

 

 

"No come to me!"

 

 

 

 

 

Standing on his wobbly legs, Haowen glanced at both of them who were sitting in front of him. They were in his room and wanted to play with him. He was already a year old so he had to learn how to walk. To be honest, Lu Han was a bit worried that his son still couldn't walk. He knew that Haowen had a lot of time but that he was behind average was a concern for him. This was the total opposite of Sehun who didn't care at what age Haowen would move his legs.

 

 

 

But when he talked to Lu Han and heard how it worried him Sehun was sure to make Haowen walk. He was also his father and two was better than one. It silently got into a competition who could make Haowen walk towards who and neither of them wanted to lose. They were sitting next to each other around a meter away from Haowen who was trembling holding onto the grid of his bed.

 

 

 

 

Lu Han suddenly had Haowen's favourite toy in his hand. "Look what I have here!" He smiled and waved it around so catch the baby's attention. He focused his eyes on the colourful chewing toy and raised his arm as if he was to grab it. He recognized his beloved toy but was scared enough to still hold tightly onto the grid. He didn't think of letting go any time soon. Lu Han sighed, his plan didn't work. Why was he so terrified of walking? Everyone in his age was already ready.

 

 

 

 

It confused Sehun for a moment, since when did they agree to use things? Well they didn't discuss to have this competition in the first place. Sehun quickly walked to the table of the room and took something from it before sitting back down next to his boyfriend.

 

 

 

A milk bottle.

 

 

 

"Haowen! Look what I have here! Milk~" Sehun sang and pointed at it with his free hand. This instantly attracted Haowen's attention who stopped on his thumb and let go of the grid. He was staring at it, as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. Lu Han looked at it and scowled, of course milk was his favourite. And with that Haowen unsurely waddled forward for two seconds.

 

 

 

He unfortunately stopped for some reason and then was just balancing himself to not fall down. Wasn't he interested in it anymore? But he couldn't resist milk. What made him so indecisive? Sehun found the answer by merely glancing at his boyfriend. Lu Han had a packet of Haowen's favourite cookies and smirked.

 

 

 

"Haowen! If you want this then come to me~ I'll give this all."

 

 

 

Sehun rolled his eyes, he knew that Lu Han wouldn't give him anything and just wanted Haowen to go to him. This poor baby. He fell for the trap and walked with shaking legs to Lu Han. He was so concentrated that it was not possible to get his attention anymore. Sehun had no choice but slip his arms around Lu Han's waist and place him on his lap.

 

 

 

 

"Look Haowen who I have! If you want the cookies then come to me!"

 

 

 

Lu Han struggled to get up because Sehun was too strong and Haowen was almost there. And then an evil but effective idea came into Sehun's mind. Haowen was after the cookies which were in Lu Han's possession whom Sehun had. So he put his arm under Lu Han's legs and his other arm around his back to carry him. Sehun was now standing up, under him was Haowen balancing and tried to hold onto Sehun's pants. He had to learn that he had to be independent though. Sehun took a step backwards with Lu Han in his arms and wanted his son to follow them.

 

 

 

 

 

Haowen followed.

 

 

 

His arms were outstretched, wanting the cookies that Lu Han had. Instead of telling Sehun that it was cruel to lead Haowen like that since his eye-leg coordination was good, he told him to continue. Haowen wasn't even shaking anymore and confidently pursued them. Sehun stifled his laughter because Haowen was hiding the whole time his talent that he could indeed walk. Lu Han, who was going to scold Sehun for making his poor baby run like that, was dumbfounded.

 

 

 

Sehun went all the way back to the living room with Haowen after him.

 

 

 

 

He let Lu Han down who directly praised Haowen for walking so much. The baby couldn't care less and whined by making a grabbing motion with his hand. He still wanted a cookie, he deserved it. Sehun thought the same and was about to give him one but Lu Han snatched the package away. "Are you an idiot? He won't get anything. It is soon dinner time he won't be hungry later." Lu Han said it as if it was the most obvious thing in the world and walked back to the kitchen.

 

"It's just one little one! He won't be full from that." Sehun reasoned and knew that Lu Han was going to be like that.

 

 

 

"I said no. Why would you even give him that?"

 

 

"You were the one that brought it up."

 

 

"What did you say?!"

 

 

"Nothing."

 

 

 

 

"Thought so."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun couldn't do anything; he wanted to but was powerless against Lu Han's dictatorship in this house. He patted Haowen's head and sighed.

 

 

 

"Sorry, can't do anything against that."

 

 

 

 

Haowen started crying.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you sick of your complaining wife?"

 

 

 

Yes- no he's my boyfriend

 

 

 

"Do you just want tape shut?"

 

 

 

Hell yes!

 

 

 

"Then you need to pay her everything back! For everything she did for you, you're going to do it double as much! Yell back at her! Nag back at her so she knows how that feels-" The voice from the TV was interrupted by Lu Han saying that it was time to eat. Sehun shut the TV off but wanted to be a bit rebellious so he took some time to keep an eye on that instruction. He took five minute instead of thirty seconds which he would usually not even dream about.

 

 

 

Sehun strolled inside the kitchen and could see how Lu Han had already everything ready and was feeding Haowen with a little spoon. Haowen was inside his baby stool and was prevented from creating a mess by putting his hands inside the bowl. Lu Han could see from the corner of his eyes that Sehun entered. He immediately asked why he took so long if Lu Han called him an eternity ago.

 

 

 

"Because I was."

 

 

 

 

"What did you just say?" Lu Han stopped feeding Haowen much to his dismay and turned around to glare at his boyfriend who just talked back to him. He usually never talked back to him in this tone. He sat down across of Haowen and began eating whatever was on the table. Lu Han remained in his shocked state and dug the spoon into the baby porridge.

 

 

 

"How dare you talk back t-"

 

 

 

"I can. You always complain blah blah blah, Sehun don't do this, don't do that. I'm old enough to care for myself and I don't need nagging. Lu Han don't give Haowen so much food! Lu Han clean later up again because it's dirty! Lu Han don't slurp! Annoying right? This is how I feel. So turn it down." Sehun said this all in one go and even had the nerve to point his chopsticks at Lu Han. This was what Lu Han couldn't stand the most. He hated it. And from where did he get this confidence?

 

 

 

Sehun was surprised that Lu Han didn't say anything and carried on feeding Haowen.

 

 

 

It actually worked.

 

 

 

 

After Haowen was done eating, Lu Han didn't wash him or anything like that. This guy from TV was right, it really worked. Sehun expected to get shouted at and stuff but nothing happened. He didn't even look angry and act as if nothing happened. This was good for Sehun since he finally could let everything out without being nagged at.

 

 

 

 

Lu Han's eyes were on Sehun and he was merely blinking at him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So basically you fell from your bike?"

 

 

"Yes. I hate bikes."

 

 

 

 

Kai was staring at Sehun on the way to college.

 

 

 

 

There was a huge bruise on Sehun's cheek, a purple shade was gracing his eye and his nose was bleeding as well.

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol who joined them from behind couldn't keep his laughter to himself when seeing this battered face. How could he fall from a bike? A bike. Was Sehun a beginner or what? Screw Chanyeol's infectious laugh because Jongin who played the concerned friend also began to laugh.

 

 

 

 

Sehun groaned and told them stop.

 

 

 

 

 

 

There were things only Lu Han could say.

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Lu Han does not abuse Sehun lmao he hits him because he loves him

 

Hello Venus' u wanna tea on repeat cuz I like fluffy songs.

 

it makes me want to sleep.

 

Hope you liked it!

 

Sorry for mistakes I was half asleep at some parts

 

bomi xoxo