Final

When He's Too Shy To Confess

When he's too shy to confess.

“Yah, Junhong-ah,” Youngjae said. “Stop staring.”
Junhong stepped on Youngjae’s foot, grinding his heel into it a bit. “Shut up,” he hissed, his cheeks turning bright red.
Youngjae winced, rubbing his foot. “That hurt!”
“It’s supposed to!”
“That’s not very nice,” Youngjae sighed. “I’m only trying to help.”
“Stop trying to help, then,” Junhong muttered. “You’re so obvious.”
“You mean you’re so obvious,” Youngjae said, rolling his eyes. “How long are you gonna stare at her like some sort of creep?”
“I,” Junhong huffed, “am not a creep. That title is reserved for Himchan-hyung.”
“I heard that!”
“…anyways.” Youngjae sighed. “You really need to do something about this.”
“But what am I supposed to do?” Junhong finished eating his lunch and started to pack away his things. “It’s not like I can just go up to her or something.”
“Ah, but you see, Junhong… that’s what you gotta do.”

~~~
“Yah, he’s staring at you again.”
Sunny rolled her eyes at her friend and continued eating her lunch. “Shut up, he is not.”
“He totally is! I think he’s got this major crush on you, you know. The two of you would look cute together.”
“We would not,” she argued, but secretly liking her friend’s words. Sunny had a crush on Junhong for a while, but she didn’t think there was any reason at all for him to like her back. Sunny had this suspicion that her friend just liked to about the whole thing, since she did it every day at lunch.
She just patted her on the shoulder, a smile on her face. “Stop frowning. You’re not ugly or anything, you could easily get a boyfriend. C’mon, we let's go to class.”
Sunny began to pack up her things, glancing to the side at Junhong and his friends as she did so—his cheeks were red and he was yelling at one of his friends for some reason.
Smiling a little to herself, Sunny ran over to her friend, and the two of them walked to class.

~~~
“Hey.”
Sunny looked up from the random thing she'd been doodling on the back of her old homework, seeing a guy standing next to her table.
“Can I help you?” Sunny asked.
“You like Junhong, right?”
Sunny said nothing, but the heat the instantly rose to her face probably said everything that the boy needed to know.
“I knew it,” he sighed. “That kid is just too chicken to do anything. I’m Youngjae, by the way. Do you mind meeting me at my locker after school? I’d like to talk to you about something.”
“Um… sure, why?”
“Just trust me. My locker’s on the second floor, G123.”
And with that, he left, leaving her incredibly confused.
What had he been talking about, ‘too chicken to do anything’?

~~~
“Hey, do you wanna go grab something to eat?” Her friend asked as the two of them walked to her lockers.
She shook her head. “I’ve got something I need to do first, you can go on ahead.”
“Really?” She raised an eyebrow.
“Ah… look over there! It’s Himchan!” Sunny pointed over her friend’s shoulder, and when she looked to try and catch a glimpse of her own elusive crush, Sunny made her escape.
G120… G122… well, here’s G123…

Sunny arrived at Youngjae’s locker, but there didn’t seem to be anyone around. She leaned against the row of lockers, sticking in her earbuds while she waited.
“Um… excuse me.”
Sunny looked up from her iTouch, seeing someone’s chest in front of her. She looked up to see their face, and saw that it was Junhong.
“I sorta need to get to my locker…”
Sunny blushed, as she hastily moved away from the locker. He spun the lock around, trying to seem cool, but she could see that he was nervous and his fingers fumbled with the lock numerous times.
“Sorry,” she said, once she had regained control over her mind, “I was waiting for Youngjae.”
“Youngjae?” Junhong looked at Sunny, raising an eyebrow. “Why?”
Sunny shrugged. “He told me to meet him here…”
As if on cue, Youngjae walked up, his hands in his pockets and a scowl on his face. “Junhong-ah, you .”
“What did I do this time?” Junhong cried, pretending to throw his textbook at Youngjae. “Nothing! Absolutely nothing!”
“It’s what you didn’t do, you idiot.” Youngjae rolled his eye turning his attention towards Sunny. “You came, good. This idiot likes you and wants to take you out on a date. Are you busy this week?”
“HYUNG!” Junhong really did throw his textbook at Youngjae, who ducked just in time. “I thought we agreed—”
“I agreed on nothing. You like her, she likes you, you should go out. My work here is done. Peace!” Youngjae flashed a peace sign before running off, mumbling something about ‘Daehyun owes me $20 now.’
The two of them watched him go, each mortified.
“Well,” Junhong coughed. “That was… awkward.”
Sunny nodded. “He’s weird.”
“Um… so… do you want to go out with me?” he asked, biting his lip. “I didn’t know how to do this, and Youngjae-hyung can be pushy like that…”
“It’s okay, I’m not too good at this either… I’d like too though.”
He smiled, as though he were incredibly relieved about something. “Great! How about tomorrow? After school?”
“Sure, I’m not doing anything.”
“Perfect. I’ll… oh, I can’t call you… can I borrow your phone for a sec?”
The two of them exchanged numbers, and she grinned. “I look forward to seeing you later.”
“Same here. Do you… um… wanna eat lunch together tomorrow?” he asked, shuffling his feet a bit. “We could get to know each other better.”
“Okay. Is it alright if I bring my friend? Because you’re friends with Himchan, right? Well, a certain friend of mine has a crush on him, and I need to get back at her for teasing me…”