The First Time, The First One

A First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today, me and my two best friends were going to go to the carnival being held here in Canada. I never went, not counting that time when I was four and went on the children rides with my parents by my side. Sadly, I haven't even seen the fireworks at that time, my only opportunity. I had just finished getting ready and we were on our way to meet up by the entry booth. That day, I wasn't wearing anything fancy. I had my hair let out in the wind and my skin clear of heavy make-up. Once I made it to the carnival by bus, I looked up and saw big rides, small rides, children screaming and big kids roaring. I could of sworn I stepped on vomit but then again, it could just be ice cream.

          "Ae Cha, you were nearly late!" My friend, Eun called over as she ran up to me.

          "No I wasn't, the bus was nearly late." I said while taking off my headphones and placing them in my bag.

          "Whatever, hurry up and let's get in! I want to go on every ride before the fireworks!" My other best friend, Hana called back, catching up to Eun from behind.

          She grabbed on to my wrist and we jogged to the entry booth and quickly stamped our tickets. As we walked in, we felt like cartoon characters in a 3-D universe. It was colorful and bold. I held back on to Hana's arm like I was a little kid. I was really scared of getting lost in this huge place. There were people all over the place, some looked scary and harmful while others looked kind and playful but who truly knows? They both jogged ahead over to the first ride they saw leaving me behind. I quickly caught up and made it in line with them.

          "Why are we going on a Ferris wheel first? Isn't that lame?" I asked.

          "No way! You can see the entire carnival from there and the lines pretty short." Eun said with enthusiasm.

          "But there's only two to a seat..." I said as I stood behind both of them. Before I could step out of the line so I wouldn't sit awkwardly alone, I was pulled in and forced to sit down one seat ahead of my two friends.

The rest of the people in the line had a seat and there were a big group of guys anyways so I  didn't really want to sit next to any of them. Awkwardly enough, one of the seven guys had to sit next to me. I scooted over and cleared my throat. I looked over at my left to avoid any type of contact, even eye to eye.

          "There isn't really that great of a view there." The guy said to me as we buckled up. I looked over at him but I wasn't really able to say anything, I felt speechless. The ride soon began and my friends behind me kept howling towards me. I put my head down in embarrassment and in all my breath. As the ride was going around really slowly, the boy turned his head back to me but I continued to looked down. "A mute, eh?" He questioned. I continued looking down, not knowing what to say. "There's no need to make this awkward..." He said. He heaved a sigh and stuck out his hand. "I'm Jimin." I looked up and slowly shook hands with his.

          "I'm Ae Cha." I said somewhat quietly.

          "Now that's better! So I see you became a third wheel too?" He said.

          "Yeah, my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter