I Like You

I Like You

"I like you," Mark said as he was walking home together with Jinyoung. Jinyoung let out a soft sigh and turned to face Mark.

He examined Mark's serious face before letting out another sigh and ruffled the back of his hair out of uneasiness. "I told you many times Mark. I don't want to be anything more than friends. I like you too but not in a romantic way."

 

That was the normal conversation Mark and Jinyoung had everyday every time they walked home from school.

 

Mark and Jinyoung met in their freshman year and instantly became friends because they shared many same interests. The first time Mark confessed to Jinyoung surprised him a lot. Since Mark was so handsome and popular among girls, he never thought Mark was into guys. Of course Mark was rejected by Jinyoung but they still remained as friends since Jinyoung doesn't care about a person's ual orientation.

The second time Mark confessed to him greatly confused him because he had just rejected him the day before. Jinyoung rejected him again, saying the same line he did the other day. 

Then, Mark confessed to him for the third time, the fourth time, then came the fifth.

The next thing they know it, it became a daily routine. 

Though it was the same pattern over and over everday, Jinyoung never once got annoyed at Mark. He can never be mad at his one and only best friend. His rejections were sincere and wholeheartedly every time, even though it was just the same line over and over again.

After every rejection, Mark would say "I'll keep confessing until you fall in love with me."

Of course that wasn't possible for Jinyoung. He wasn't into guys, in fact he liked girls more than anything else. The problem he had was that he didn't know how to explain to Mark without making him misunderstand.

Mark was the type of person to easily misunderstand so he had to be careful with his words, something that he was not good at. He would leave it as it as rather than risking their friendship.

The reason why he and Mark are still best friends is because Mark is a really special person to him. He is extremely comfortable around him, and being around Mark had always made him happy. He's been with him for a very long time and he could tell Mark is one of the most precious people out there, definitely one of a kind. He can't stand being away from Mark even if it is just a day, something that he did not tell Mark because it would give him the wrong message. 

That part of Jinyoung is exactly what Mark likes about him. The fact that he's still friends with him despite what has happened. The fact that Jinyoung acts normal around him, does not judge him, and likes him for who he is.

The reason that he won't stop confessing to Jinyoung was that he can't imagine anyone else be with Jinyoung other than himself, and he can't imagine himself being with anyone else other than Jinyoung.

So why is it that Mark, who likes Jinyoung so much, decided to go on a blind date?