What happened to Exo?

DEAR EXO [From best to worst]

Dear Exo,


It's been two years since I knew everything about you guys!! Ever since you debuted as rookies from SMentertainment, I fall in love with each of you. Back to the days when you're all so young, slightly thin, and most of all: COMPLETE as OT12 // You all did a great job of becoming very popular not just in Korea, but also around the world. Everytime you guys perform, as 12 or 6, fans will wave their banners along with your names and wave a randomly colored lightstick // Those are also the days when you were peaceful, no sasaengs, no bashers, no issues or controversies about you or a single member. You were just simple, you'll just perform happily or sometimes guest on talk shows. You would show your charms and introduce your real selves behind a camera // That was the first Era, the most peaceful & quiet, the Era were it all starts.
"Mama Era".


After several months, we were all waiting for your comeback. You guys hadn't made a comeback ever since you guys debuted. There were jokes that your #1 OTP made 12 children together and formed another generation of Exo. You guys were very funny, it's really awesome to see all of your dorky sides // And then, rumors started to spread that you will comeback that year: you guys will release a more y & fierce image, and best of all, will perform as OT12 in one music video. We were all excited when we saw your comeback teaser images and videos. Netizens started to laugh at your teaser vids because "What the ?" you acted more like a puppy than a wolf that you expected for us to see // When the MV is finally released we would drool in front of the screen because you guys were very hot and awesome!! From the teaser images as high school students to the bad boy-like features, you guys are very alluring // Based on an interview, you guys were asked about the "Wolf 88" thingy at the back of your shirts. You explained that "88" means Hip-hop because aside from being the 8th letter of the alphabet, it's also the genre of your song. One of you even stated that "88" in Arabic means "Infinite Friendship". So, we all know what it means: it means that you guys truly are "ONE" and will never let go of each other until the end // But sadly, sasaengs started to know you better, even bashers: saying that you all went under plastic surgery just to make you guys infamous. But we royal fans protected you and we will never let you guys know those rumors because we were very scared to let you down. Still, everything is perfect and happy!! You just hang around with a couple of girls in music videos, but it's not really a big thing at all because you're just doing your jobs // Everything is perfect in this Era, except for a few bashers and sasaengs that tried to ruin your lives.
"Wolf Era"


Another comeback had been made after a few months. Your song is still connected to the song you just made last era. You guys are still hot with awesome hairstyles and more sophisticated looks. From the MV you newly released, we were very amazed because that is the first music video that doesn't use more than 1 scene (the MV is only 1 scene to be exact). You just got more talented and handsome than ever // But, issues and rumors started to roam around social networking sites when we found out something wrong in the music video: a ghost leaning on the glassed window. We grew goose bumps because it's creepy. And based on the managers, assistants and stylists, it is said that you guys started to feel pretty ill and sick while taking your break. We were very worried because every pain you felt, we felt like the one experiencing the pain // But thankfully, there's a second version of the music video were everything is fine and more great than the first version // But the most awesome part is when you show up on several music awards held in countries like Hongkong, USA and even Canada // You guys perform as "ONE" and won titles like "Most influencial group of the year", "Best album of the year" and many more!! We're so proud of you!! This is the era where you gain your popularity more.
"Growl Era"


As a Christmas gift for all of your fans, you guys made another comeback and released teaser images. You guys were all very cute and y at the same time with your elf-themed outfits, you even formed a huge Christmas tree that became the theme of your new concept. Another MV is released once again. This is the first time we saw you guys act like professional drama actors, a music video that is more mellow and calm, no dance moves included and best of all, a more dramatic music video that made us burst into tears // This is also the era where you air your first TV show titled "Exo's Showtime". From this show, we saw your true personality and sense of humor. We can't help but laugh at your dorkiness and new found words that we fans still use them until now. It's too sad that it only contains 12 episodes // Another thing surprised us is that one of your korean vocalist will become an actor. I mean, "WOW" an actor? That's awesome of you!! Can't wait for his movie to be shown // But sadly, bashers grow and sasaeng fans were very worst. They hurt you like crazy like hitting your faces with cameras in public and planning to give your youngest member a food that contains poison (Remember Kim Yeoshin? The idol killer?) // This era is probably great because you had stated great promises for your fans. Two of your members even made a promise that you guys will stay together and forever until the end.
"Miracles In December Era"


We waited for about 5 months for your new comeback. But sadly, about the Sewol Ferry incident, the date of your comeback had been moved, so we just have to be more patient and kept on waiting for it // Finally, at the date of April, an MV teaser had been revealed. In this music video, you guys acted a little bit dramatic along with more awesome dance steps taught to you by Michael Jackson's choreographer (which is awesome) // Accidentally, a leaked dance practice video had been uploaded in the internet. We downloaded the video and re-uploaded it, but deleted it in a short time because we might thought it's stealing // As the real music video was officially released, we at least tried to support your newly released video up to 3,000,000+ views on Youtube to make you all proud // But suddenly, we heard some news that some of your members were experiencing a 40 degree fever, your maknae having a broken arm and one member with muscle injuries. Non of these were caused by sasaengs fans, but were caused by your own company // There's a said rumor that your youngest Chinese member became sick because he was forced to diet by your manager, your second youngest member stressed and got sick because of too much practice and your maknae having an arm sprain because of intense practice for your upcoming performances. We were really sad that time because we knew you had been working hard just for us. And best of all, even though your fellow member had a 40 degree-fever, he can still dance and do some smooth back flip without cutting the performance off. We're so amazed and proud of you!! // Oh, and one more thing, about your SNS accounts!! Ah yeah, you guys finally made an instagram account. You actually gained 1M followers about a week or two. Then you became active to it and started posting your sweet selcas, funny videos and everything about your current activity while putting some hashtags on it. That is the time international fans communicated with you better // But suddenly, an issue regarding to your tallest hyung popped out of nowhere. I mean, this issue is very unexpected and shocking. It says that he is LEAVING(?) and this literally seeked attention from fans not just from your group, but also around Kpop. We were very shocked because we don't even know the reason why is he leaving the group, so we decided to open some websites like instagram, weibo, twitters and etc. We tried to read every inch of detail we can absorb from your fans outside SMent building, trying to be smart and act like spies just to see what's really up // During Mnet Countdown, your korean sub-group won, but since your tiny leader is the only one who is strong, he decided to talk about the other member's issue. He even said that everything cold guy (that's your tallest hyung's nickname right?) did is very irresponsible and he's being careless? Guys?? Why did you let your leader say that? We were a little bit disappointed you know? But it's okay, we know that you are just shocked and stressed about the issue.  Your youngest Chinese member posted a photo of a road on his Instagram and Weibo. We were really confused and don't even know what it meant, but when our fellow fans who are also translators translate the poetry-like chinese caption, we weren't happy when we knew it. Do you mean that you all felt betrayed that he is leaving you guys? And even worst, you guys even unfollowed him on Instagram. We were really confused and angry at the same time because why the hell should you do that to your hyung? Do you really want to forget him? Or maybe there's someone behind this rucuss?  // Well, the answer is someone are behind these activities. We just knew that your phones had been confiscitated by the staffs and fiddled with it just to post unwavering messages and unfollow the cold guy. I see, we get it, we're so sorry for being judgemental. But we heard another news, your other fans had been standing outside the SMent building when they heard a scream. They finally knew whose voice is it, and it's yours(?). We didn't knew how horrible the staffs are, especially when they also kicked your tiny leader. That is the time when we knew that your company had been treating you guys like dogs!! How dare they? One of your fans even committed suicide because of too much pain. What a horrible company, all of you should be careful guys!! Not just your group, but also the other groups and artists that is under that bull company // Weeks had passed, you anounced to your fans that your going to held your first solo concert called "The Lost Planet in (whatever part of the country is it)". We were very excited because it's your first concert. But the sad part is there's something missing from your posters, standees and even merchandises. There were just 11 of you on the poster, even though you guys are 12. Seriously? The person who cropped the cold guy out is very cruel. He/she shouldn't do that to him because it can make him very sad // Anyways, your concert ended up like 3 days. That's amazing!! Plus, we also knew our official fandom color "Silver". So, that means that everytime you guys will perform, we would wave the official silver lightstick and cheer for your guys' awesomeness // For the 3rd day of your concert, finally we'll be able to know your comments for cold guy's issue. We were hoping for the best, but everything ended upside down. The whole press conference is !! You guys would just answer that "you will perform as OT11", "we thank you fans for this and that". Haaiisstt~ everything is SCRIPTED. I knew it that you guys are still under control of your stupid company // Your concert was world tour. You just continued to do your own jobs all over again just to cheer us up. While the international fans that didn't made it to the concert just watched live streams just to watch you perform // After several activities from "The Lost Planet" that ended somewhere in China, we weren't expecting that your main chinese vocalist will star as an actor for a Chinese movie. That's great, your progress is really going up. Two of your members are going to become an actor // This is the latest and probably the second worst issue that made all netizens shocked. This issue seeked a lot of attention from your fans. Your company revealed a 100% confirmed rumor: since your 2-year dating contract is now over, that means you are now free to date and yes, one of your members do date. He dated a noona from another girl group that is also in the same entertainment as you're under in. That , really !! Probably because the fan who wrote this letter can't accept your relationship. But still, we have to stay strong for this because we know that you are people, you need a love life and you need to be happy with the person you love. But please, don't forget that we're people, too. We get hurt whenever we hear this kind of issue, some give their lives to death, and some bash the girl you are with. I think we need to adjust to the new controversy because we can't just take it // One more thing, about the cold guy that is suffering from myocarditis (heart infection-so sad), he is now an ACTOR!! A lead character to a movie with a leading lady with him. We were really happy to see his gummy smile flash once again. We miss him so much, and I hope you guys would, too // This is far by the WORST era we've been through, 2014 is the worst year for us: heartbreaking issues that cold guy is leaving because of myocarditis, the horrible treatment SMentertainment is giving you, performing as OT11 not OT12, the first controversy that one of your member had a girlfriend. Worst, horrible, terrible and very displeasing!! But at least you tried hard to make us smile just 0.00000000001% in this era.
"Overdose Era"


 


 

Why Exo why?? Why are you stupid? Why are you careless? Everything!! The faster you improved from being the most famous boy group in Korea, the faster you lost fans. Imagine that, about 30,000+ fans left the fandom? Except for being our fault, it's also partly yours. So how is this going to work? OT11? OT10? We just wasted our hope. We wasted tears, we wasted the nights when we cried over you. So, does that mean that "Saranghaja", "Saranghaeyo" or "I love you" doesn't even make sense? Is it just a phrase that were accepted by our hearts? Those words are meaningless. We knew now that Baekhyun's post are not even for us, but for his beloved girlfriend, Taeyeon!! It hurts so bad.


How could you consider yourself as one if one member is missing and one member is in a current state of being hurt and should not consider himself as a member? "We are one, we are EXO"; those words were music to our ears, but now, they were a bunch of meaningless words that we thought you could hold on forever until the end. Promises like......

 

KRIS: Exo, let's be together forever
BAEKHYUN: I won't date until I'm 35 years old
KYUNGSOO: 10 years, 20 years; we're in this together


Those promises!! Those lies!! You don't even made those promises come true.
We were all sick of them. And what happened to the "Wolf 88" huh? You said "88" means "infinite friendship" right? But now, since you got your own numbers on the back of your shirts and Kai was the only one wearing it, it means "hip-hop" for him, not infinite friendship.


But still, even though we judge you guys hardcore, please don't forget that we will always love you. We will love you until the end, we will still hold hands and support OT12 whether you like it or not. We love you so much, Exo!! Thanks for filling our hearts with real love and experience real pain. Exo Saranghaja!!~


Sincerely yours,
Your loving fan (Exo-stan/Galaxy/Squid/Flower)