Riot and Love Cupids

Riot and Love Cupids

People thought that cupids are matchmakers. They thought that cupids makes someone fall in love with just one shot of their arrow. Well, that is true but what they are not aware of was that there are two kind of cupids: Love Cupid and Riot Cupid. The Love Cupids are what the people are quite familiar of. The Riot Cupids are the ones that caused heartbreak by causing jealousy, misunderstanding and breaking up a couple.

Love Cupid Donghae was a newbie. He is not good at shooting arrows yet so he was very happy when he successfully shot the arrow on the male target. He was getting ready to shot the female target but suddenly another arrow hit on the female target. It was not a love arrow. It was a riot arrow.

The male target finally had the courage to confess to the female target. The female target actually had some sort of feelings for the male target but rejected him out of shyness. Donghae turned around to see who shot the riot arrow. “Why did you do that?!?! They were going to be a happy couple!!!” Donghae said furiously.

“It’s not my fault that you’re such a slowpoke. You’re obviously a newbie.” The Riot Cupid said nonchalantly as he wiped his bow to make it shiny. “Besides, I’m just doing my job.”

Donghae didn’t bother to argue anymore because he was just a newbie so anything he says would probably be countered with something else from the experienced Riot Cupid. He simply left to look for a few target. Over the next following days, it’s either the same thing would happen or he would be able to successfully make a couple that would only be broken up the next day by the same Riot Cupid.

Donghae was scolded by the High Level Love Cupids. First, he barely passed on becoming a Love Cupid. Heck, he wasn’t even suppose to become a cupid because his shooting arrow skill . Second, he hadn’t successfully made a couple ever since he became a Love Cupid. Donghae explained that there was a Riot Cupid who kept on ruining his job but the High Level Love Cupids would not accept such a pathetic excuse.

“Unless it’s Riot Cupid Yesung that you are talking about but I doubt that he would mess with a newbie like you.” High Level Love Cupid Shindong said. “Because that guy is really skillful when it comes to creating chaos between couples. No Love Cupid ever won against that guy. Not even us.”

“No Riot Cupid would be able to stop you if only you could do your job right!!!” Another High Level Love Cupid named Heechul scolded. “If you don’t successfully make at least one couple in month, you’ll be demoted into apprenticeship!!!”

“Yes, sir.” Donghae bowed respectfully before turning around to leave the room. But before he left the room, he could hear some of them complaining about his shooting arrow skills and how the heck he was able to pass off as a Love Cupid. Once he was afar from the building, he finally allowed his tears to flow down.

He was suddenly wrapped in a warm hug from behind. He didn’t know who it was but it was comfortable. He turned around and buried his head on the unknown person’s chest. He cried his heart out until he ran out of tears. After calming down, he finally allowed himself to look at the person’s face. “YOU!!!!!!!!!!” It was actually the Riot Cupid. “This is all your fault!!!” His hands that was lying comfortably on the Riot Cupid’s chest a while ago pushed the Riot Cupid away.

The Riot Cupid simply raised an eyebrow. “This is what I get after comforting you? And don’t blame me for your lack of skills.”

Donghae opened his mouth to argue some more but then, he decided to just close it and accept the truth. “You’re right. All of your are right. My skills .” He sighed. Despite his eyes running out of tears, his heart was still crying. “I should just go back to the building and resign. I might be better off as a tooth fairy.” He started to walk but his path was being blocked by the Riot Cupid.

“You have one month to improve and successfully create a couple.” The Riot Cupid said.

“Like how am I suppose to do that when YOU like to break up the couples I make?” Donghae glared.

“Even if I don’t break up the couples you make, there are still other Riot Cupids who will do that!!! You’re shooting skills and do you think that your love arrows will have much effect on your target when you, yourself, haven’t even experienced being loved!!!”

Donghae was taken aback in surprise. “Why the heck are you lecturing me?!?! You’re a Riot Cupid!!! And why can’t you just leave me alone?!?! So what if I resign?!?! YOU DON’T CARE!!!”

“I DO CARE!!!” The Riot Cupid yelled back. Donghae’s eyes widened in surprise. “I do care.” The Riot Cupid repeated it softly this time.

“Why?”

“Because you remind me of myself in the past.” The Riot Cupid began his story. “I used to be a Love Cupid too but my shooting skills really . I was probably much worse than you. I was demoted back into apprenticeship. When my skills improved, I was given a chance to be a Love Cupid again but even though my arrows would perfectly hit on the target, it wouldn’t make the target fall in love. A High Level Cupid said that he could help. I fell in love with him and eventually, my arrows became very effective and powerful. But then he broke my heart because he fell in love with a Riot Cupid.”

“Is that why you decided to become a Riot Cupid instead? Love and Riot Cupids aren’t suppose to be with each other, ya know.”

“Of course I know that but I thought it’ll make him fall for me. Eventually, he resigned from being a Love Cupid and chose another job just so he could be with the Riot Cupid. That’s when my riot arrows became powerful. That’s how I became who I am today.”

“What happened to the other Riot Cupid?”

“Because he fell in love, the powers of his riot arrows started to fade. He also eventually resigned. I have no idea where the couple is right now and I no longer care what happens to them.” The Riot cupid ended his story. “I just don’t want you to become like me. I may be a powerful and skillful Riot Cupid but I’m not happy.” With that, he turned and started to walk away.

Over the next few days, Donghae trained harder. He knew that he had improved but he was still no match against the Riot Cupid who was still intent on breaking up the couples he made. One time Donghae stretched the string of his bow as he was getting ready to shoot his target. He was surprised when hands suddenly wrapped around his own. His head turned sideways to see that it was the Riot Cupid adjusting Donghae’s pose.

“You’ve improved but your accuracy isn’t 100% yet. Before you shoot, always remember to feel the wind around you. You can shoot when the wind stops moving or adjust your pose according to the wind’s speed.” The Riot Cupid advised before releasing Donghae’s hand.

Donghae nodded and did what he was told. He successfully hit the target but a few seconds afterwards, a riot arrow hit his target making the target change his mind about confessing his feelings. Even though Donghae wasn’t able to successfully make a couple, he was no longer irritated or angry at the Riot Cupid. “Thanks for the advice. In the past, I had been to angry at you for breaking up the couples that I didn’t notice that you were actually helping me improve my skills.”

“I’m not helping you at anything.” The Riot Cupid said as he looked away.

Donghae smiled at the Riot Cupid’s denial. “I don’t believe we’ve introduced ourselves formally. I’m Donghae. What’s your name?”

The Riot Cupid looked at him in surprise but then, it suddenly became a calm expression. “Jongwoon.”

“Jongwoon, want to have a cup of coffee?”

It became a casual and usual thing somehow. Donghae would try to make a couple. Jongwoon would break up the couple. Then Donghae and Jongwoon would end up in a coffee shop. Donghae would talk about a lot of things while Jongwoon would simply listen. Because Donghae would be too busy talking, he would never be able to finish off his coffee. Jongwoon would leave once he had finished his own coffee but lately, he had been taking some time in finishing off his coffee. Donghae noticed and pointed it out but Jongwoon would deny the fact that he wanted to spend more time with Donghae by making some lame excuse that his coffee was served too hot.

“Donghae, I saw you in the coffee shop earlier. It’s good to see that you are dating and perhaps in the process of falling in love. The good thing is that your love arrow will become powerful. The bad thing is…”

“Eunhyuk, if you’re trying to point out that the guy I’m seeing is a Riot Cupid then don’t bother.” Donghae tried to brush off his friend. He doesn’t want to be lectured.

“But he’s not just some Riot Cupid. He’s Yesung!!! The most powerful and skillful Riot Cupid!!! I have no idea how someone like him even considered on having coffee with a newbie like you!!!” Eunhyuk exclaimed.

“He’s not Yesung. He’s Jongwoon.” Donghae defended. “Maybe he just looks like Yesung.”

“You don’t even know how Yesung looks like!!! I’m swear that cupid you were seeing was Yesung!!! We’ve been friends since we were trainees. Don’t you trust me?”

Donghae looked right straight into Eunhyuk’s eyes. “Yeah, I trust you.”

So the next time Donghae and Jongwoon met, Jongwoon was surprised that Donghae didn’t ask him out for coffee so he opted that he should make the move instead. “Aren’t we going for coffee?”

“Why did you lie to me?” Donghae answered back with a question.

“Lie about what?”

“You said you’re Jongwoon but you’re actually Yesung!!!”

“I guess you finally found out but let me tell you one thing, I didn’t lie about anything. Jongwoon is my real name but I decided to take up a new identity when I turned into a Riot Cupid.” Yesung explained. “I was surprised when you asked my name. I thought you knew me the whole time but you didn’t so I decided to give you my real name. You were starting to like me but if you knew that I was Yesung, you would probably give up and resign right away from being a Love Cupid.”

“There’s no way I could beat you so why bother improving?” Donghae sounded depressed. “I should have just resigned a long time ago.”

“Donghae, you’ve improved so much. Don’t give up now. You still have 5 days left to make a successful couple.”

“Like how am I suppose to do that when you always break up the couples I make?!?!?!?!”

“Haven’t you noticed how my riot arrows are getting weaker each time when I’m with you?!?!”

Donghae’s eyes widened. He was concentrating and focusing too much on his own skills that he hadn’t noticed any changes on Yesung’s arrows. But if Yesung’s arrows are getting weaker, that would only means…”Are you falling for me?”

“Yes.” Yesung didn’t want to admit it but it’s about time that he should confess. “Hit that guy.” He pointed at the target.

Donghae did was he was told. His love arrow successful landed on the target. A riot arrow landed on the target’s love interest. The cupids watched and waited for the results.

“I love you.” Sungmin, the target confessed.

Nobody have any idea how Sungmin’s love interest, Kyuhyun, would react because he was always calm and emotionless.

“I’m sorry. You can just forget about it.” Sungmin said after not receiving any reply from Kyuhyun.

Donghae sighed. “There you go. Another failed couple. I’m going to start writing my resignation letter.” He turned to leave but his arm was grabbed by Yesung.

“Stay. It’s not over yet.” Yesung looked at Donghae before looking back at the target.

Kyuhyun, as if copying Yesung’s actions, also grabbed Sungmin’s arm before the target could leave. “My brain just had a hard time processing what you’ve said.” He pulled Sungmin into a hug. “You have no idea how much I’ve wanted this to happen. I love you too.”

Donghae widened his eyes. “Did I just…successfully make a couple?”

“Yes, you did. Congratulations.” Yesung smiled but turned into a frown when he noticed that Donghae wasn’t completely happy. “I thought you would be celebrating but you seem sad.”

“You’ve turned powerless because of me.” Donghae looked at Yesung with sad eyes. “You failed at being a Love Cupid and now, you’re going to fail from being a Riot Cupid. I’m sorry. This is all my fault. I shouldn’t have invited you for coffee sessions.”

“I don’t care about whether I continue being a Riot Cupid or not. I just want to know if you’ve become powerful because of me just as I‘ve become powerless because of you or is there someone else?”

Donghae answered impulsively by wrapping his arms around Yesung’s neck and pulling him close for a kiss. Yesung wrapped his arms around Donghae’s waist and pulled him closer for a deeper kiss.

Newspaper Front Page

Riot Cupid Yesung Falls In Love

*insert picture of Yesung and Donghae kissing*


Riot Cupids and Love Cupids are forbidden to be together. Because of this rule, Riot Cupid Yesung announced his resignation because he wanted to be with his lover Love Cupid Newbie Donghae. At the moment, he is trying to be converted into a Love Cupid.

THE END

A/N:  I've read somewhere in wikipedia about Riot cupids and suddenly a plot formed in my head ^^ Comments please?