JunuxHaru

One More Second Chance

 

She sighed heavily as soon as she made her way out the airport, trying to hold her remaining temper in. As far as she could remember, she clearly told everyone in her family to keep her arrival as a secret- Private and most of all, if possible no publicity. But of course, Being Kang Hyejung and Tablo's Daughter.. It's hard. Not because they are oh-so-famous but because they just can't keep their mouth shut.

 

Wandering her eyes around the premises, she tried to count how many camera were flashing on her- but she lost it. Dozens she guessed? Many reporters tried to block her way too asking these and that. It annoys her. Thankfully a few familiar men blocked it.

 

8 years of being away from her family and Korea, she was hoping people have forgotten about her already. Eight years of living in States, she was hoping she could start again. She could only shake her head in disappointment. It's not that she don't like it though.. She actually needs it for her new life as a star, but she's hoping that they'll give her few weeks of living in a quiet life. She shook her head.. Well, too much expectation can kill you they say.. Ohh, Media will be all over me again. 

 

"Haru-ya!!!" she turned her head to her left hearing a familiar voice. It was her Dad along with her Mom and cousin Hyun, holding up a meter length banner that says.. "Welcome Back our Favorite Daughter" with lots of colorful things and stuffs written on it.

 

She faked a smile as they run towards her. "Why am I not Surprised?" she muttered to herself.

 

"Haru-ya!! I Missed you so Much!!" It was Hyejung hugging her tightly at the same time swaying their body.

 

"Haruuu!! Aigoo, My Haru.. It has been 8 long years since the last time we saw you.." Tablo came to join his Mother and Child Hugging or more like swaying.

 

"Yeah.." she grunted looking at her cousin who just smiled at her mouthing "Welcome back couz." in which she smiled sweetly.

 

"How's the flight? How's Granny? How's your studies? and How are you?? Oh My God! I haven't seen and hugged you for like forever!" Tablo exaggerated and kissed Haru in front of the cameras that surrounded them. 

 

"Geez! Dad!!" She stomped- blushing in bright red.

 

"Why?? I can't kiss my daughter anymore?" Tablo complained, hearing a few laughters from the people around.

 

"Our haru have grown well.." a reporter started.

 

"Haru's Appa, don't kiss her in front of the Camera or someone will get jealous!" another one said in which Haru responded a glare.

 

"Who's that lucky person?" another one questioned shoving the microphone on her.

 

"Wait up!" Tablo joined putting  her hands up in the air, shutting everyone up. "Why he should get jealous? It's supposed to be me, for keeping it secret!" 

 

"Oh My God." Haru muttered as she heard her Dad adding salt to the wound.

 

"Tablo-ssi, do you have any idea who the guy is?" the other reporter from KBS asked.

 

Shrugging, Tablo turned towards her daughter. "Why don't we ask my Daughter instead?" and Haru could only sweat as she whispered to her Mom. "Are we going home? or I'm gonna fly back to States?" she threatened as Hyejung widened her eyes and tugged Tablo's sleeve signaling him that they should leave.

 

"When it comes on being a daughter... You are one of a Kind." Hyun whispered on her cousin as they made their way to their Car.

 

 

***

 

 

Scanning his phone, Hyun can only smile like a Fool. "Blushing as her Father kissed her: Haru Welcome back!" He reads the headline out loud earning a groan to those who ate in the restaurant too, but he didn't care. "here's another one, Is Haru in Love?" he laughed. "Couz, are you?"

 

Haru glared at him, but got ignored. "Stop it Hyun.. It's not Funny anymore." She scolded getting worked up. "Dad, I told you not to tell ANYONE that I'm coming back." there was a little anger in her voice, hoping her father would at least feel sorry about it, but he just instead shrugged it off. "It's not that you're not used to it--"

 

"Well I'm not." she muttered.

 

"-and besides you're soon be one of the Hallyu stars.. And FYI it was Yang Hyunsuk who announced it yesterday." 

 

"Excuse me? Say what?" she asked after hearing his Dad's boss name. "Why would he??" 

 

Both parents fell silent. Yeah.. Why would he? The answer is obvious.

 

"Don't tell me.."

 

"Well Boss liked you a lot since you were little.. So.. I kinda.. Uhmm.." he stuttered, not knowing what to say anymore.

 

Irritated, Haru let out an irritated groan. "You know very well Dad that I want to work hard to reach the top and have that Hallyu star title with my own sweat.." she could only mutter as the surroundings covered them with silence.

 

 

-----

 

 

"Junu Oppa, are you listening?" the girl on the other line asked, bringing him back to his senses.

 

"Uhm.. Yeah.." 

 

"Oh.. So, I'll be there in three weeks.." she squealed. "Ahh~~ I'm so excited. It's been months since the last time I saw you. I Miss you Oppa." she said sweetly but he didn't respond.

 

"What do you want to do on that day? Let's plan it so I can arrange my schedule." her voice sounded excited, but Junu didn't seem to hear her at all. He was blankly staring on his tablet, looking at the picture of a girl he haven't seen for 8 long years.

 

Running his fingers on his tablet, he faintly smiled. Those red tint on her cheek, how he missed it so much. That shy smile she showed everyone, she used to smile like that to him too when they just first dated. That kiss Tablo stole from her.. He can do that too if only he have a chance.

 

"Junu Oppa?" the lady on the other line called him again. "Why? Is there something wrong?" she worriedly asked.

 

Junu shook his head as if she can see him. "I'll call you back later." 

 

"Okay!! Saranghae!!!" he could hear her smiling, that makes him feel guilty. So he turned off his phone.

 

How have you been?

 

How's your studies?

 

How's life in States?

 

Did you miss me?

 

I Missed you too.. so much..

 

How he wish he could tell her that in person, he would. Then he will let her run into his arms, hug her tight, smell her hair.. He would do things he haven't done for her. He would say things he haven't said to her. Like.. I Love you..

 

If only he didn't agree-- Aish. What's the point of regretting? I can't turn back anyway. He scolded himself and turned off his tablet.

 

He's in the waiting room, of SBS ingkigayo waiting for his time to appear.

 

After debuting as an Actor, he was then hailed as a successful MC of his generation. With all his success, He should be happy right? But he's not. Because, somewhere in his heart is missing someone. Somewhere in his heart wants her to celebrate with him. Which is impossible.

 

"Hyung!!!!" A boy wearing his clothes for performance came, smiling ear to ear. "Have you heard the news? Noona is back! Finally!" he giddily said. "Have you called her? Did she contact you?" he bombarded.

 

No. He wants to answer. He didn't even know she's coming back until he heard it from their company. He don't even know what to say if he ver called the latter.

 

"It's almost time to start Seoeon-ah.. Go get yourself ready.." He coldly said.

 

 

---

 

Author's note

Can you guess who the girl Junu is talking with? Hahaha.

Ang uh.. do you guys now what's the name of their Pairing? :/