Ep2 Twin Mistake

One Twin Too Many [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I hate you.”

“I love you too.”

Hyukjae glared at me still munching on his cereal while I was already at the door, whistling and putting on my shoes. Oh, and the reason why he hates me? I might have accidentally squeezed an entire sponge of cold water on his face just to wake him up this morning. And also because I literally made him stick to me like glue so he couldn’t give me the slip again. He wasn’t going to skip school ever again if I could help it.

Yep, I love him very, very much.

“Hurry up,” I chanted every five seconds. “We’re gonna be late for class!!”

“Class doesn’t even start for an hour, hyung. We’ve got all the time in the world,” he grumbled, putting his plate and glass into the sink before grabbing a cookie off the counter and stuffing it into his mouth. “Why the rush? Need to see a certain crush of yours?” he smirked.

“Maybe,” I sighed in slight disappointment. “Besides, you didn’t go to school yesterday so we have to go to the principal’s office to get your schedules and stuff and also I’ve got to show you around the place so you wouldn’t get lost.”

“Something like a private tour that involves a lot of wrestling and confessing in the middle of the field?” he teased, making me go red like a tomato. “Suuure, hyung. I’d love to take a private tour with you too.”

“Could you just drop it? I didn’t know what came over me to do that. I need to apologize to him today so can you please hurry your up so we can go already??”

“Yea yea, I’m coming,” Hyukjae finally headed towards the door, slinging on a leather jacket over his graphic-printed tee and pulling on a snapback. I brushed imaginary specks of dust off the sleeves of my casual plaid button-up shirt, feeling slightly conscious of how I looked next to him. Although we looked nearly ninety-nine percent similar in terms of face and body, like peas in a pod, but we both had slightly different personalities and also different tastes in fashion. Hyukjae loved all things leather while I usually stuck with anything comfortable. He loved tees while I preferred shirts. His half of the wardrobe had mostly red or maroon clothes while my other half had all shades of blue. He was quite the flirt, while I kept muddling up my pick-up lines and usually just spewed a confession straightaway, like what happened yesterday.

 

“I like you, so will you go out with me?”

Donghae froze and looked so stunned that for a moment I thought he stopped breathing. I tugged at his hand harder. “Err, Earth to Donghae…?”

Is that a blush on his face too?

“Uh… E-Eunhyuk, don’t you think it’s um, it’s a little too soon?” he stammered, and I thought he was going to reject me outright after that. I sighed mentally. Served me right for not even thinking twice about confessing to someone I just met a little over an hour ago.

“Ah… I understand. I’m sorry—”

“No, don’t be…” he said, standing up straight and helping me up to my feet. His angelic smile reappeared on his face and I could feel elephants stomping around in my stomach again. Darn those stupid elephants. “M-maybe if we got to know each other… a little more first?” he continued timidly, peering at me through his silky fringe. My heart did its little fluttery move again and I nearly jumped at him eagerly.

“Does that mean you’ll consider it?”

“Maybe?”

I gave him my widest grin, not bothering to cover up my gums. “That’s kind of a good enough answer for now.”

 

I’d better start working on my pick-up lines.

 

* * *

 

This is weird. Why am I feeling like this? Am I actually that eager to see him again? But how should I react? I mean, first he’s all sweet and civilized-looking in school, the perfect gentleman, and suddenly after school he’s a notorious flirt who knows no shame and simply gives off the ‘bad boy’ vibes? I didn’t think I could handle a two-faced person like that. I guess that was just too much for me to absorb. Even calling Sungmin after my shift ended and complaining for about an hour couldn’t help my situation at all.

A sneaky hand slipped around my waist and I gasped in surprise, only to find my smirking best friend next to me with a bored-looking Kyuhyun behind him. “Min, you nearly scared me!!”

“Ah, and I wonder whose fault it is…? Maybe a certain bipolar newbie who’s already confessed to the sweetheart of the school on his first day?” Sungmin teased, knowing everything from A to Z since I spilled everything to him already during our hour-long talk. He suddenly let go of my body and put on a solemn expression. “P.I. Lee is on the case,” he said in a stiff voice, staring suspiciously at every single student passing by, who were giving him weird looks anyway.

“P.I. Lee?” I echoed, glancing briefly at Kyuhyun. “Please tell me it’s not one of your role play weird stuff because I don’t think I can handle it.”

“Shush, target spotted at three o’clock,” Sungmin hushed us all of a sudden. “Hmm, I should probably say two-thirty or two-forty-five, but you get the idea.”

I looked to where he was pointing at and saw Eunhyuk walking in with another Eunhyuk. I puffed my red cheeks and sighed through my nose, feeling perhaps just a tad bit disappointed that Eunhyuk was already seeing someone else who looked exactly like him.

Wait, what?

“Two Eunhyuks?” I raised an eyebrow questioningly when both Red Eunhyuk and Blue Eunhyuk stepped into the corridor. I felt like I was Alice in Wonderland watching the skinny version of Twiddledum and Twiddledee making their appearance. Their resemblance was uncanny. At the moment I seriously didn’t know who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter