Chapter 8: Cozy, Closer and Chaos

My Partner In Guns!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The beach had an increase of people by one in the afternoon and Soo Yeon and Ho Seok had been chilling out at the beach for almost three hours. The first hour finished with a stroll close to the waters, the second hours continued with the stroll and the third hour was just a sit on the sand, enjoying the sunny view.

"Are you hungry? We should eat lunch," Soo Yeon said, she had her legs in front of her and her arms were stretched behind her to support her body, Ho Seok had the same identical pose. "Cold noodles would be a good idea," suggested Soo Yeon and Ho Seok agreed with a nod. Soo Yeon fished out her phone and dialed the number to order some Cold Noodles.

The noodles arrived early and the food filled up their stomachs, feeling contended. Soo Yeon being a food lover, ate up all the cold noodles in a just a few minuted while Ho Seok was still halfway through. Soo Yeon gulped down her water.

"Were you really hungry or do you just really like these noodles?" Ho Seok humorously asked, Soo Yeon giggled.

"Both," she said giggly, Ho Seok smirked playfully. Soo Yeon, Ho Seok realized, had many sides to her but in a good way. She had a cute side, a fierce side, a commanding side, a rude side, a friendly side and a sister side to her. And most of the times, she would be in sister and friendly side of Jeon Soo Yeon. She treated her juniors sisterly and would always be kind to people. She could be cute when she would feel shy, but it doesn't happen so often since Soo Yeon wasn't such a shy person, she would be fierce when she's in hot pursuit, she would be commanding when she's seriously calling out orders, she would be rude when's she's angry and impatient but only to particular people, say Jungkook. So far, Ho Seok's seen these sides to her, he wondered if there was more. Maybe there is a romantic side to her as well...

"How do you so far feel? With the new environment, new people, involving yourself in crime, dead people, corpse, and guns! And me, how do you feel about me?" Soo Yeon asked and she looked at Ho Seok, waiting for his answer.

"Going through all this stuff tells me that this is what my mother went through,," he answered the first portion then looked at Soo Yeon. "How I feel about you is strong, positive feelings, feelings that I've never experienced before," he reached out his hand and wiped something under her eye, it was an eyelash, Soo Yeon blushed at the touch, as well as his words, a smile appeared on her face, Ho Seok did too.

"I think your mother went though harder hardships than this. She must be so proud of you," she solemnly said and brushed his sideburn with her thumb gingerly before she leaned in and gave him a chaste kiss on his right cheek. "My feelings for you are strong and positive too," she muttered and pulled away. The kiss made Ho Seok freeze, he didn't know what to say but what he could say in his mind was, 'I think I liked that,' . Soo Yeon patted his hand but it gave Ho Seok a shock on the first pat that his hand jolted up and fell on the sand, his back landed on the sand with a soft thud. Soo Yeon burst out laughing, beating her hand on the sand and one hand to cover . Ho Seok lay on the sand for a few moments, a pissed off look on his face. He was about to sit back up but Soo Yeon had laid her head on his chest, unexpected for Ho Seok but expected coming from Soo Yeon.

Ho Seok was a bit scared if Soo Yeon could hear or feel his speeding heartbeat, but he let it be. Soo Yeon might have a crush on her partner, bt she would treat him the same, or try to get closer willingly but she would not go all shy and nervous, she could still be the confident and casual Soo Yeon people and Ho Seok knew. She would be the same but she would try to develop her relationship with Ho Seok into a closer and much closer bond. In this sort of situation between Soo Yeon and someone she likes, which in this case was Ho Seok, she would be the one to make things happen rather than the guy, Ho Seok. Ho Seok was a quirky and awkward guy around girls, so Jeon Soo Yeon was the man!

-

"Where is Soo Yeon and Ho Seok?" questioned Yong Hwa as he realized the two young people weren't present at the station.

"I was told by Min Dae that they're went out," Yi Fan replied, looking at his PC screen and typing.

"What for, it's been hours since they went, and she has a case to work on!" shrieked Yong Hwa.

"Chemist Min Dae said that Ho Seok told Soo Yeon to get herself geared up for this case. That's what I got from Min Dae and that was what Min Dae heard from Ho Seok. And I suppose they did went somewhere, plus, they are getting along Hyung," Yi Fan smirked.

"I'm calling her," declared Yong Hwa and his phone was already in his hand.

"Don't!" Taecyeon interrupted, it was obvious that he had been eavesdropping.

"Why?" Yong Hwa ceased the tapping of his phone on his phone.

"Maybe they're having some good time to themselves right now, let hem be. Cut some slack for grouchy Soo Yeon. She works all the time, you know. At the Forensic Lab, this place, and her books!" Taecyeon exclaimed. "Do not call her. Just for today," Taecyeon snatched Yong Hwa's phone. "And I know that you don't remember Soo Yeon's number, don't even think of asking anyone!" Taecyeon glared his beady eyes at Yong Hwa and went back to his work, Yong Hwa sighed, defeated. 'Just for tonight then,' he thought reluctantly.

-

"Look, there's so many stars," Soo Yeon noted when she stared up at the starry night sky, full of bright and twinkling stars. The night came in, not many people were there, and  Soo Yeon and Ho Seok were still there, it had been several hours since they arrived. The waves got stronger, the splashing sound of the waves felt like freedom to Soo Yeon, it was very soothing for her mind and body. And they were then star gazing. The best thing to do on a beautiful night full of stars.

"It's making me dizzy, it feels like the world around me in moving right before my eyes," Ho Seok said, Soo Yeon grinned and nodded her head.

"Yeah," she the took out her phone and snapped a picture of the countless stars above her head before moving her head closer to Ho Seok and changed the camera setting to the front camera/ Ho Seok looked at the camera and smile, Soo Yeon did the same. When he looked at the picture to be taken, it made him think, 'We look like we're together when in fact we're just colleagues,' . Soo Yeon didn't move her position and it made Ho Seok want to put his arm around her shoulders. He did, as casual as possible. Soo Yeon liked it when he did, and she fidgeted closer. "You know the song Counting Stars by OneRepublic?" Soo Yeon felt Ho Seok's chest vibrate when he "hmm-ed", an unseen smile came out from Soo Yeon. "Let's try counting them I do the right side and you the left. Start,"

Soo Yeon counted the stars on her side slowly. There were tons of stars. Some small, some larger than the smaller ones. Counting stars was such an impossible task to do. Stars were uncountable but nothing was impossible, counting was counting. Soo Yeon already got to thirty-seven stars when her phone started to ring, she sighed in disappointment. She kept a finger pointed to the thirty-eighth star and took her phone from the sand with another hand. The display screen showed Rookie Oh Se Hun. 'What's he calling for?' she thought, confused but nevertheless answered the call, Ho Seok turned his head.

"Hello? Hey Sehun, why are you calling so late?" Soo Yeon said firstly.

"Sorry to bother you so late at night but I have to tell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter