Loved and Learned

Love-Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          I was sitting casually in class, looking at the board but not paying any attention. Soon enough, as usual my eyes wandered to the front of the class, where my crush, Jimin was sitting. He was tapping his pencil on the desk and clearly wasn't paying attention in class. Why do I even like him? He's rude and unfriendly, he's the definition of jerk. He's not even that attractive but I somehow still like him. Looking back, I still wonder.

          We were sitting in homeroom, where we were supposed to be reading. I always had a habit of spacing out and it turns out I was spacing out in the direction of a guy, my former crush--Jimin. He turned around and looked me directly in the eyes but I hadn't noticed until five seconds have passed and we were making dead eye contact. He smiled at me a slyly winked but I was so shocked that I just turned my head back down at my book. I could see from my vision range though, he was shocked. For two whole months he made it obvious he liked me, even my friends found out. One day during class change my friend came up to me and told me to take him to the dance and I blurted out; "Why would I take someone as disgusting as him to the last dance of the year?" My friend walked into class but right behind me was Jimin. He passed me to enter his class and he bumped my shoulder on purpose. I scoffed and walked away. It that I ruined my chances with him. I'm the one obsessing over him now, but he wouldn't care, even if he knew.

          I heaved a sigh just looking at him and looked back at the board. I still wasn't paying attention but if the teacher caught that, he might pick on me and I'll embarrass myself in front of him. I really annoys me, how I only revolve each scenario around him, but I can't help it. I saw everyone getting up and rushing out the door and I snapped out of my day dream. I picked up my things and rushed to my next class. The halls were nearly empty so I picked up my speed but I soon bumped into something. I assumed it was the wall and I rubbed my head. I bent over on my knees to pick up my things but I saw a red note book by my palm.

          "This isn't mine..." I said while tilting my head.

          "You're right, it's mine. Sorry about the collision, I wasn't looking where I was going." I looked up and saw a red headed guy who was tall, even sitting down on the floor. He had fair skin and huge eyes, he was pretty handsome looking.

          "Oh, I'm sorry. It was my fault." I said as we got up and retrieved our items.

          "You're right, it was. Now let's save the blaming between two stubborn teens and let's get to class. My teacher ." He said as he walked into his class which was right beside mine.

          The halls were now empty and luckly my class was a few steps away. I looked into class and saw that my teacher turned around so I quickly stormed in and sat at my seat. Everyone started laughing but I tried my best to hush the people around me. The teacher turned around with an odd-eye but went back to her paper shuffling. I saw Jimin turn around and face me and by heart began racing.

          "Sly one." He said and laughed while turning his head back to the front. I blushed but inwardly I was dying and rolling on the floor while crying.

          "Everyone, textbook check." The teacher announced. We stood up out of our seats with our textbook in our hands. As she passed the people with their textbook, she let them sit down, but the people without one got detention after school in room 108.

          "Jaein, this is not your textbook. Who's is this?" She said as she squinted her eyes and looked closer at the textbook. "Jung-kook? Jaein, you know the rules. No borrowing your boyfriend's textbook. I'm sorry but you'll have to have a detention." She said with a mocking tone making everyone laugh. I sat down and covered my head in my arms. How embarrassing!

          Once school ended I made my way out of the class after everyone else. I stepped out and walked to the detention room by myself. I heard footsteps behind me and I turned around and saw the guy from earlier. I figured his name was Jungkook so I ran up to him and took out his textbook.

          "I have your textbook, here. I must of took it when we bumped into each other." I said while handing him his textbook.

          "Oh, then I guess I have yours, here you go." He said as he exchanged my textbook with his. "So your name's Jaein? Nice name. Where you headed for? I have detention because I came into class less then a minute late, pretty dumb huh?" Jungkook said as we began walking again.

          "Yeah, but I have detention too. My teacher found out this wasn't mine during textbook check, so I got detention. It was so embarrassing!" I said and let out another sigh.

          "It couldn't have been that embarrassing. My most embarrassing moment was when I cried for running into a pole in grade two in front of my crush." He said and I laughed. It made me feel emotionally better.

          "Here we are..." I said as we stepped into class one by one. When I walked in, I saw Jimin sitting in the corner of the class. Typical that he has a detention. I looked over at him but he looked away right after with a sour face. He really hates me after one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter