Baby Shower

Baby Shower - Donghae

Quiet mornings with Donghae, your husband, was the best. Both of you just lounging in the pastel blue sheets of your shared bed, while you happily rested in his strong arms that gently wrapped around your torso.

"What are we going to do today?" His deep, husky, morning voice asked, looking over your shoulders, you leaned over to your side table and pulled your phone over.

"Let’s see" You hummed while you opened up your calendar app. "I have a friends’ party to go to today" You tapped on the event as you began smiling brightly.

"What kind of party?" Donghae replied brightly, his grip slightly tightening around you.

"A baby shower party" You clarified, feeling his excitement drop dramatically, you looked over your shoulder at him.

"Baby shower? Don’t baby’s take baths?" He tilted his head at you in confusion as you chuckled at his cute logic.

"They do take baths but this is to celebrate my best friend, Lai, on having her baby" You explained vaguely.

"But didn’t you do that when you heard about the news in the first place?" Donghae leaned back onto the white pillows while his fingers played with his hair.

"This is a special party were we give her clothes for her new baby and other things to help her for a few weeks so she can just rest." You turned as his hand rested on the small of your back.

"I see~" Donghae gently nodded his head.

"We should get going since I have to pick something up for her before we arrive at her house." You told him, folding over the bed sheets, swinging your legs over the edge of the bed and standing up on your feet, you made your way to the bathroom for a quick morning shower before the party in the early afternoon.

Donghae pulled his phone from his side table, typing out a few messages and catching up on some of the newly released articles that were buzzing around in the news. Hearing the water turn off, his eyes lifted to see you walk out of the bathroom in just a towel walking towards the closet. Blushing and too embarrassed to do anything, he just chuckled and pushed his face into a pillow.

Changing into a cute flower dress and into white heels, you walked out of the closet before you sat on the edge of the bed and combed out your hair while letting it dry.

"Your turn Donghae~" You sung as he finished up something on his phone and got out of bed, walking into the closet, you heard the hangers clack together. Knowing he wanted to look perfect for the party, you giggled and made the bed before he came out of the closet.

"How do I look? Does this look okay for a baby shower or do we have to dress up in bathing suits" He chuckled as he spun around slowly for you.

"You look really nice" You smiled, your eyes moving up and down his body, from his ripped jeans, a black blazer and a white t shirt underneath.

"Thanks" He smiled looking down at his black sneakers. "Should we go?" His eyes looked at you, nodding your head, you walked to the bathroom, placed your comb on the counter before you lifted some of your hair up into a cute flower clip.

"We need to head to a store so we can get something for Lai’s baby" You reminded him as he simply nodded and held out his hand for you to take.

Walking out of the apartment, the two of you walked down the street as the warm morning sun happily basked down on the streets below.

"Did you have a present in mind that you wanted to get for her baby?" Donghae used his other hand and rubbed the back of his neck as he looked in your direction.

"I was thinking maybe an outfit and some booties with a blanket too" You smiled up at him as he just nodded gently.

"Does she need all of that?" He replied quietly

"You need a lot of things for a new baby" You squeezed his hand softly as the two of you arrived at the small store just for babies.

The jingling of the bell, welcomed you into the smaller shop while it was cutely decorated in pastel blues and pinks for the baby girls and boys. Raising your eyes up to the small signs around the store, you pulled Donghae around with you as you looked at the little outfits.

"What do you think of this?" You held up some generic pajamas that were really cute, none the less.

"It is okay" He turned around and looked at the little boy section. "What about this one?" He held up a little tank top with the words Daddy’s Boy on it.

"It’s cute, and look it is just your size" You held up the cute article of clothing up to him as he laughed and covered his mouth while his cheeks tinted pink.

"What about these?" His voice still giggled from his laughter as he picked up little hats instead

"Those are cute~" You smiled as you turned your attention to the booties.

"Jagi do you think that the babies would kick off their socks?" He asks you seriously, finding cute little shoes to give Lai’s baby.

Looking through all of the isles you finally found the perfect present to give your friend, a blanket and some bibs for her baby. Checking out, she grabbed a decorative bag along with a bottle for Lai’s baby as well. The jingling of the bell sounded as they departed from the store.

"That was kind of fun to see all of the cute clothes" Donghae whispered under his breath. You turned to look at him as you smiled and leaned up to kiss his cheek.

"I can’t wait to see what the others brought" You smiled, swinging the bag gently in your free hand. Arriving at your friend’s small house, you smiled as you and Donghae walked up the few stairs to their front door.

Knocking on the door, Donghae held your hand tighter before the door opened to Lai.

”________! You made it!” Lai threw her arms around her friend as Donghae let your hand go as you wrapped both of your hands around her.

"Nice to see you too, Donghae" Lai happily chirped as she let you go from the hug. Donghae just smiled and nodded before she let both of you inside.

"There should be other guys here right?" He leaned over and whispered to you while you followed Lai through her home to her living room where all of your girl friends were sitting down on the various couches and chairs around the room.

”______ and Donghae you came!” Some of the girls called happily.

"Of course we did" You smiled and sat down on the floor as Donghae followed you, holding the small bag in his hands.

"Okay ladies, let’s get started" Maddie, your other friend, smiled as everyone started passing their presents to Lai.

Opening each one with a surprised look on her face. Donghae watched as he saw all of the cute baby outfits and accessories as they were unwrapped. Donghae ate some of the finger food that was on the plate that you two were sharing.

"Do you all want to see her?" Lai asked as her husband came out with the beautiful baby girl. The ladies all ‘awed’ at the small fingers and tiny toes before Donghae looked at the little girl sleeping in Lai’s arms.

A smile happily curled on his face while the ladies started talking about girl things. Meanwhile Donghae kept his eyes on the little baby girl, playing with her fingers while she fell to sleep and woke up.

Hours passed as the ladies said farewell to each other. Donghae helped with the cleanup while he kept stealing glances at the baby girl.

"Ready to go?" You walked over and asked Donghae as Lai was rocking her little girl to sleep again.

"Mhmmm, just let me put these dishes away" Donghae replied while you helped him. Walking up to the new mother, you hugged her carefully.

"Thank you both for coming and for the adorable presents" She whispered, nodding back you smiled and brushed your fingers against the soft skin of the baby girls’ cheek.

"You are very welcome, call me if you need any help with babysitting" You giggled, Lai nodded as Donghae hugged her and bowed to her before the two of you made your way outside.

"That was fun~" You remarked while the cool air of the night brushed against your skin.

"It was fun, even though the baby didn’t take a bath" He looked over at you before you pushed his shoulder.

"I told you before there wouldn’t be a shower or a bath" You laughed

"I know… but jagi?" Donghae’s tone turned serious as he stopped walking. Looking up at him, you stopped too while your eyes looked into his.

"Are we going to have a baby shower?" He looked at you with his big bright eyes, feeling blush fade onto your cheeks, you couldn’t help the big smile that parted your pink lips.

"I think we will" You nodded your head.

"Can I invite my band mates? I don’t want to be the only guy there again" He chuckled nervously while his free hand rubbed the back of his neck.

"Of course, they are invited" You giggled, "But you know we have to actually have a baby to throw a baby shower, right?" He nodded his head as he looked around.

The two of you started to walk home again but this time you both were silent, a comfortable silence. 

"So… can we have a baby shower soon?" His shaky voice tipped you off that you knew that he was referring to actually having a baby.

"Why?" You probed, he let out a sigh before he bit down on his bottom lip.

"Didn’t you see how cute and perfect the baby was?" He smiled just at the thought, "Don’t you want to have a little baby that you helped make? A little person calling you Mommy and Daddy?"

A smile formed on your lips while you nodded, “Babies are a lot of work though” You pointed out.

"I am sure if we split the work, we could handle a little baby between the two of us." Donghae reassured you, moving his hand to around your waist, you blushed.

"Let’s see how you like babysitting Lai’s baby first before we try and get one ourselves." You offered as he nodded, both of you brightly smiled at each other.

A loving kiss was placed on your lips before he started rambling on about the little boy or girl that you two would have. Honestly, you were getting excited to have a little family of your own with the only man that you loved with your whole heart.