Chapter 1- Do I believe them?

Love Potion

Okey so the biginning may be a little confusing bu please read till the end! Thank you~ warning it's unbetad and English isn't my first language to please excuse any mistakes!!

' adsdas   ' =means thoughts

"Sadsdf" =means speaking.


 

Two people looked down the window over to the lawn, where their next potential “target” sat, oh so innocently, reading something about –the red-haired one of the two bent down a little to look at- fashion. The brunette looked at his young boyfriend, puppy-like eyes shining with amusement.


Key POV

Minho-goon is so COOL!!!’ I mentally scream in my head. Well why wouldn’t he be? He’s smart, gorgeous, kind, polite, gorgeous, charming and most of all, he’s the star player of the basketball team AND the football team, did I mention he’s good looking? I watched in amazement as he dribbled the ball across the stadium, then dunking the ball with ease. Choi Minho was perfect.

AWESOME!!!!!’ I cheered mentally again. Well I couldn’t yell along with the crowd! I have a rep to protect, ya know. Though I don’t think anyone would notice… the whole stadium was screaming their head off. But well, as the school diva, I have to maintain my composure. I can’t be seen fan-girling over Minho-goon no matter how amazing he was!! *sigh* Man I have a sad life.

 


Across the stadium, the strange but oddly compatible couple were observing their newly decided on target. Kim Kibum, also known as Key was the school’s resident diva, the most popular guy in school. Yes, he’s a guy and a diva, peculiar indeed.  He’s known for being good at everything he tries-everything- her bright personality and amazing fashion sense.

That certainly meant that he wouldn’t be an easy target for the couple that loved playing matchmaker! Kim Jonghyun and his -way too pretty to be a boy- boyfriend Lee Taemin were the most unlikely couple ever. The only thing common between them was their love for playing cupid. That was what brought them together, but that’s another story.

Jonghyun’s a down-to- earth, mischievous guy who loves to have fun, but can’t stand people being stupid. It annoyed him to no end when could not see the obvious!!!! Especially when it came to love!! How dumb could people get!! And to quote Jonghyun, “IF YOU LIKE SOMEONE, JUST GO FOR IT !!!” He’s usually teased for having puppy-like features.

Taemin’s completely different. He has child-like features which make him standout with a personality to match. He’s a curious and inquisitive kid who loves dancing. But it bothered him when his friends were struggling with their feelings, so he decided not to let people go through these torturous feelings and decided to help them.

Both found it amazing how just a little a little push in the right situation played out so beautifully leading to someone’s happily ever-after, at least for a few months. But this was their first time trying with as…what to say, complex as Key? So they curious as to how things would workout. Hopefully Taemin’s older brother won’t mess this up.
They exchanged looks and silently stood up. Time to get on with the plan…


“I can’t believe those two weirdos actually talked me into doing this.” I mutter under my breath as I release a hopeless sigh. ‘How desperate could you get Key!’ I mentally bash myself. I look down at the clear liquid in the mineral water bottle that is definitely not water, or so I’ve been told. They could be playing a prank on me for all I know. It’s still scares me how they knew about my crush, I thought I was discrete about it. Damn they really are professionals in their little hobby.

---------Flashback--------

I got up to walk out of the bleachers to head over to the changing room when it became clear that we were going to win the nationals –again. I wanted to be the first one to congratulate Minho-goon.

I was patiently waiting outside the changing room for the game to end when they walked over. And by they I mean Kim Jonghyun and Lee Taemin. ‘I swear I feel like biting him everytime I see him, that Taemin guy… so unlike his brother. Speaking of brother, that’s probably why they’re here. It’s a miracle how a klutz like Onew could play sports so well. Tch he’s just here because it’d look good on his report card. Thank god he’s graduating soon. Having him as the Student Council president for two straight years’s already killing me. I can’t bear to see him slaughtering fashion for another year. Maybe then Minho could run for president. God knows Minho could do much better than that idiot who just knows how to grin. What has he done till now anyway-‘

My train of thoughts was cut off when Jonghyun spoke.

”We can help you with him”

A stupid “Huh?” was all I could say as I prayed that they weren’t talking about what I thought they were talking about.

“We know you like Minho-Hyung and you know we can help you.” Taemin deadpanned.

Damn, hyung huh? The kid must be pretty close with Minho-goon.’ Was all I could think at that time.

I raised an eyebrow while asking, “How can you be so sure about that?” trying to play it off as their misunderstanding.

“You were pretty obvious.” Taemin replied nonchalantly.

“Was I?” slipped out my mouth before I could stop myself. ‘Wait, oh !’If diva rules would allow, I could kick myself.

“Not really,” Jonghyun said with a shrug, “but we wouldn’t be the best matchmaker couple in the world if we didn’t notice something as elementary as this.”

Conceited much?’Of course I knew, the whole school did. ’Maybe I should take their help, they never fail and that dino-puppy is in the track team with Minho, plus Taemin seems pretty close with him…’ I think to myself.

“How can you help me?” I say in a challenging tone, my diva self acting up.

“Okay, drinking water will make Minho return my feelings, sure.” I say sarcasm thick in my voice.

Jonghyun scoffed. “Think a little before you speak, will you? I didn’t know you were that stupid Key-ah. Do you think water will make him return your feelings? It’s not water, it’s-“

“Wait, so this will make him return my feelings?” I cut him off, a little too excited at the thought of Minho feeling the same way about me. Jonghyun seemed annoyed that I cut him off so I muttered a quiet “sorry”. He just rolled his eyes. [A/N; Who’s the diva here key? LOL]

Taemin continued for him. “It’s a love potion. Make him drink this and you’ll have him all to yourself for two weeks. That should be enough for you to confess to him safely without risking your reputation.”

I scoffed at those words. Do they honestly believe that I’d fall for that? Jonghyun went too with his pranks this time. Does he take me to be stupid? I realized I was behaving a little out of character with these two, so regaining my self, anger overwhelmed me. ‘HOW DARE THESE KIDS THINK THAT THEY COULD PRANK AMLIGHTY KEY!!!!!’

Before I could open my mouth to shout at them, Taemin spoke again, “I get these from my uncle.”

I freeze at those words. Confused? Well it’s rumored that Taemin’s uncle Heechul is a witch of some sort because of his exceptional beauty and the fact that he changes boyfriends every two weeks no matter how y he was –and I’ve been told he was ier than me on my worst moods on a normal day; even I have to admit that’s scary. How did I know? Well Heechul used to go to this school a few years ago, yeah he’s a legend.

I’ve never believed those rumors, but if Taemin himself says then…

DAMN IT!! Only Choi Minho could reduce me to even consider something as stupid as this!!!!

 ‘Should I? Should I not? Should I? Should I not? Should I? Should I not? Should I? Should I not? Should I? Should I not Should I? Should I-‘

“Key, take it or leave it. You’re wasting time the match’s already ended.” Jonghyun cut my thoughts off.

I looked down at the bottle in my hands then I looked up and said,”This gives me two weeks right? I accept.”

I could see that they were satisfied with themselves and then they turned and left.


And that’s how I found myself waiting for over fifteen minutes outside the changing room. I’m proud of myself for waiting so long! But it’ll be so worth it. He’ll be kissing the ground I walk after this!!!!

My head shoots up as I hear the door knob turn and my hands automatically fly to fix my dress. I know for a fact that Minho-goon’s always the first one to leave the changing rooms. Don’t ask me how I know, I just do, okay? I don’t stalk him!

I was sure I’d loose my cool if I looked at him, so I just showed him the “water” bottle and say in what I hope is a cool tone, “Here, drink this. It’ll cool you off a bit. You worked hard.”

“Oh, thank you key-ah.” Says a voice that’s definitely not Minho’s as a hand reaches out to take the bottle from my hand.

My head snaps towards the said person and I watch in horror as the Student Council president gulps down the potion completely.

The Student Council president, Taemin’s good for nothing brother, Lee Jinki, came out first and drank the potion, not Choi Minho.

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!If my diva-ness had allowed me I would’ve cried right then and there!!

At that moment all I could do was ask him stupidly, “Why are you out first, I thought usually Minho was the one to come out first?”

“Oh, Minho-yah? He’s still in the stadium with everyone else, celebrating. I’m sorry, was this meant for him? I hope you don’t mind it’s just water, right? Well I gotta reach home soon, so I’m off! Bye! Thanks Key-ah!”

I try to maintain a poker face while that good for nothing talks while on the inside I struggle not hyperventilate. By now I’m desperately hoping that this is one of those pranks pulled by Jonghyun and he some how dragged Taemin into it. That it’s just regular water inside that bottle! ‘PLEASE GOD LET THAT BE IT!!Please! Please! Pleaseeeeeeeee!!!!

Relief floods me as I see Jinki’s retreating back and realize what just happened. He didn’t react to that so called ‘Love potion’.

But that relief was short lived as Jinki turned right around and walked back towards me. I began to panic again when he asked, “Key-ah since I drank that bottle of yours, will you give me a chance to repay you? Tomorrow, on the first coffee shop near the park, ok? See you there!!”

The he turned and left. Just like that. Turned and left. Like he didn’t ask me out on a date just now. It took a while to realize this ‘BUT I HADN’T SAID I’D MEET HIM THERE!!!! HOW COULD HE JUST LEAVE LIKE THAT?!?!?!?!? UGH THAT’S WHY I DON’T LIKE THAT DORK!!!

Sigh.’ I need an Espresso’


As soon as I reached home, I headed straight towards the bathroom and the bath-tub’s faucet. Taking a hot relaxing bubble-bath always helped me think. I made a quick pit-stop at my room to drop my stuff and grab some clothes. I practically ran to the bathroom, checked the water’s temperature and when the water got warm enough to my liking, I quickly striped and got in the tub.

“Ah~ this is exactly what I needed.” I say to the walls. Today was too crazy for anyone’s standard. I let myself drown in the soothing smell of the jasmine oil I use.

I almost fell asleep, but as I slid down a little too low, the water began to cover my mouth and I jolted awake. I relaxed again.

Now wide awake, brain automatically began to analyze what happened during the day. ‘Should I go on that date or not?? Was it even a date? He just wanted to repay for drinking that potion. Oh the potion!!! What am I going to do about that!?!??!?! I can’t stand him up, if it got out in school that I left their beloved president standing, I’d have girls over my head every turn I take!! I’m popular but people love that goof-ball more. Okay so maybe I’m exaggerating and I’m just as popular as him, but I can’t risk it. Everyone loves him and his “sangtae”, frakin idiot.

I sighed. ’Maybe I should string him along till that two weeks end then it’ll be over right? What could go wrong anyway?

I sighed again. Seems like I’ve been doing that a lot. ‘THIS WAY I’LL GET WRINKLES EARLY!!!!!!!!! CURSE YOU JONGHYUN, TAEMIN AND FREAKIN LEE JINKI!!!!!!’

My mental cursing was cut short by some loud banging on the bathroom door and my brother yelled, “Key!! Can you stop sleeping and come out please?!?!? HURRY!!!”

“Okay~ just let me wear my-“

‘BRRRROOOOTTTTT~~~~’

“EW’ I got the message, rushed to wear my bathrobe, grabbed my clothes and then bolted out the bathroom.

Jinwoon needed it much more than me.


I hope you guys liked it!! I don't know when i'll be able to update again but I'll try to do it soon!! Please do tell me how it was!!! I don' mind critism!yes  PLEASE SUBSCRIBE! cheeky