-

Come Back, Be Here

It never occurred in Luhan’s mind that their fights will went on past midnight.

It never occurred in Luhan’s mind that he will even have fights with Sehun.

 

 

Luhan let himself drop on the bed and closed his eyes. It’s past midnight but yet Sehun is still outside in the living room, taking his precious little time alone.

Luhan sighed before saying the same thing again, “Sehun? Aren’t you coming here to sleep?”

“Hmm. Just let me think first, okay? I’m thinking.” Sehun answered back from the living room.

Luhan buried his face on the pillow before grunting. What is it that Sehun had been thinking ever since the past two hours?Luhan thought.

Yes, the blankets provide enough warmth for Luhan to sleep in but the warmth will never be warm enough as much as the warmth Sehun gave him.

Soon, it’s like a must to have Sehun right by his side in order to get a peaceful sleep. It might sound cliché but it’s true and Luhan doesn’t bother to deny it either.

Just then the bedroom door creaked and Luhan felt a weight shifting next to him. Luhan smiled and brought himself closer to Sehun.

“You’re done thinking?” Luhan asked as he nuzzled his head on Sehun’s nape.

“Hmm.” Sehun hummed in his answer.

It always makes Luhan frustrated when Sehun hums instead of giving out a proper answer. He’s always like this when he’s anxious or nervous.

“Are you nervous about something?” Luhan asked.

“What? N-no.”Sehun let out a laugh that doesn’t seem to fit the words he spat out.

There, one more thing that Sehun does when he’s nervous. Luhan thought.

“You’re nervous about something, aren’t you? Sehun, you’re not good at hiding. Don’t do it anymore.” Luhan said as he closed his eyelids.

Sehun kissed Luhan’s forehead before muttering, “I am not. Everything will be alright, okay? I swear.”

That was the day Luhan sensed something troubling in Sehun’s voice but he let it loose and that’s when Luhan’s list of beautiful mistakes was updated.

 

 

Sehun said it in a simple way, really.

It’s just that Luhan made it hard for everything that’s happening. And it always saddens him to think back about the look on Sehun’s face when he blurted out the things Luhan never wanted to hear.

 

“Luhan?” Sehun said as he shifted the weight above him. The latter still had his head on Sehun’s nape as Sehun gently shook his body.

“Hmm?” Luhan nuzzled in closer to Sehun.

“I need to talk about something.”

“What is it?” Luhan titled his head upwards to meet with Sehun’s pair of eyes.

Obviously Sehun wasn’t asleep just now considering with the look of his eyes. Luhan mentally sighed. It’s 4AM now and Sehun never wakes him up except if the matter is really important.

Sehun gently Luhan’s eyelids with his thumb before letting out a shaky, unsure smile.

“I love you,” he muttered quietly.

Luhan smiled, “I love you too, Sehun-ah.”

Sehun kissed Luhan’s fingers before leaving butterfly kisses on his neck. “Promise me one thing, Luhan,” Sehun breathed out as he breath in Luhan’s sweet, sweet scent.

“What is it?” Luhan entwined his fingers with the locks of Sehun’s hair.

“Promise me you’ll never stop loving me even when I’m not right in front of your eyes?”

Luhan whimpered as Sehun does his wonders on Luhan’s skin before saying, “Of course I will Sehun-ah. You know once I start I will never stop.” Luhan gasped when Sehun kissed his chin.

Luhan swore there isn’t any place left on his body that Sehun never leave his kisses on. Sehun knew every crook and cranny of Luhan’s body more than anybody else out there.

“Baby, I’m staying at London soon. I’m going to be there until the end of my studies. I will miss you every single millisecond.” Sehun stumbled through the words.

 

And that was the day when Luhan first cried because of sadness in Sehun’s embrace. Those tears used to be happy ones, not sad ones.

How strange that Luhan doesn’t know Sehun at all when he actually thought he did.

 

 

Luhan clenched his fist tightly and formed a smile on his face. He doesn’t want to show how heartbroken he is today.

If there’s a speaker connected to Luhan’s heart, he swore the sound of it shattering down into pieces could be heard.

“I guess this is it.” Sehun set his luggage down and stared into Luhan’s eyes.

Luhan bit his lip and told himself again and again not to let a drop of tears escape from his eyes.

“Make sure you’ll eat on time, okay? Make sure you jog every Saturday and Sunday morning like you always did with me, okay?” Sehun cupped Luhan’s face in his hands.

Luhan nodded and held back his tears. “Okay,” he mumbled.

Sehun brought his face closer and whispered, “Make sure to do the things you loved the most, okay? I don’t want to see you crying or anything else that will upset me when I’m out, okay?”

“Okay,” Luhan forced out a smile.

“I love you.” Sehun said as he crushed his lips on Luhan’s. He chanted ‘I love you’ as he stops once in a while to catch his breath before connecting his lips back on Luhan’s.

“Promise me you’ll do well on your own, okay? It will just be several years and I’ll be back. It won’t be long, I promise.” Sehun said as he picked up his luggage.

Luhan just simply nodded and Sehun kissed him one last time before muttering, “I love you” and he fled off to catch his flight.

Luhan lips trembled as he slide out the words, “I love you too, Sehun-ah. Come back and I’ll show you much I love you.”

 

They stumbled through the long goodbye.

Luhan admits, it’s not easy letting go of Sehun and it’s certainly not easy to grasp on him when he’s not even in front of Luhan’s eyes.

Nothing is easy without Sehun.

Sehun fled off right when Luhan was just about to fall.

But Luhan closed his eyes and hoping nothing but the best as he fell.

 

 


 

 

Luhan told himself not to get attached with someone. But being a stubborn he is, Luhan doesn’t even follow his own mind.

Luhan grasp his hair and sighed in frustration. “Keep your head held up high, Luhan,” he cursed himself as he let out a sigh.

Luhan stared at the book in front of him as he read the similar lines all over again. It’s the fifth time that he had to re-read the lines to make it register in his head.

And Luhan hates reading the same lines all over again just because his mind wasn’t with him as he is reading the book.

Luhan gave up after the seventh time and put the book down.

He had never acted this way before. He never had to read the lines all over again to understand what the author is trying to say.

Luhan never puts a book down with willingness before.

It’s like he’s changing into a whole new different person that Luhan, himself couldn’t quite picture what it is.

Luhan told himself don’t get attached but in his mind the story is playing back.

The story of how he fell for Sehun played all over again in his mind like there’s this one cinema in his head.

The story played back, spinning faster than the plane that took Sehun away.

And Luhan couldn’t do anything else but to watch.

As the story of his beautiful yet tragic life flashed again in his mind.

 

 

Luhan knew, doing things that he used to do with Sehun will only hurt him even more but he still does it anyway.

It hurts when he’s thinking about Sehun. It also hurts when he’s not thinking about Sehun.

Luhan brushed his fingertips on the album before flipping it open.

Everything is neat and in order. Luhan smiled to himself.

He still remembers that time when he told Sehun to just shove everything inside but Sehun shook his head in disapproval before taking one by one of the pictures and placed it neatly in the album.

Almost every single picture in the album consists of two smiling faces and a handful of memories.

Luhan found it amusing how a single picture can take him back to all the memories and Luhan couldn’t help it but to wish that he could live back to the moment all over again.

Luhan brushed his fingers on every picture and sometimes smile to himself or even chuckle when the memories hit him.

Everything was just full of smiles and rainbows when Sehun was there in his life.

“I miss you.” Luhan said as he traced Sehun’s face in the picture with his fingers.

Luhan turned to the very last page, their last picture together. It felt like the picture was just taken yesterday because everything is just so fresh in Luhan’s memory.

Luhan remembered how he pushed away the camera when Sehun brought it up to his face.

Luhan remembered how he said, “Stop it, Sehun-ah,” and Sehun will just chuckle before aiming the lens back on Luhan’s face while muttering, “You’re beautiful, stop hiding it.”

Luhan remembered how Sehun came in when he’s baking with the camera in his grasp.

Luhan remembered how Sehun will lean on the kitchen tiles while taking snapshots of Luhan trying his hard to bake a brownie.

Luhan remembered how Sehun pulled him closer by the waist and urged him to take a decent picture of them together.

Luhan remembered how he threw the leftover flour on Sehun’s face and how the latter scrunched up his nose and muttering useless threats to him.

Luhan remembered how Sehun’s lips tasted a little bit like flour when they kissed.

Luhan remembered every single one of them. Just like it had happened yesterday.

It hurts when Luhan is missing Sehun. It will also hurt when Luhan isn’t missing Sehun.

The feeling Luhan can know so much, without feeling anything at all.

Pain.

Luhan is immune to pain.

But he isn’t sure how long he will last with the pain building up day by day.

 

 

Luhan never had any regrets in his life.

He simply lives with no regrets but it’s amazing how he practically lives full with regrets now.

Everything is just regret, regret, regret and more regret.

If Luhan had known what he known now, he never would have played so nonchalant.

It simply hits Luhan hard on the face when he realized that he’s a coward.

Luhan never uttered a single word when he sent Sehun off. It’s just a simple, “okay” and a nod. And God knows how regretful Luhan felt at this time.

He can still feel the regret crawling up his skin even when he’s just sitting around, doing nothing.

Luhan regretted not saying anything more to Sehun.

Luhan regretted not holding on to Sehun a little bit longer.

Luhan regretted not kissing Sehun back for the last time.

Luhan regretted not muttering a simple ‘I love you’  back to Sehun.

Luhan regretted not having the courage to catch the love of his life.

Luhan regretted not doing anything when he could’ve done so much more.

Luhan regretted it.

 

Luhan watched in silence as he stood on the sidewalk, watching as the city passed through him.

All the illuminating lights and sound of vehicles driving down the road never pulled Luhan back to reality.

People said there will be this one time when reality is finally better than the dreams and he would never wanted to dream again because the reality is better and up until now, Luhan still wonders when will that occur to him.

Luhan hailed a taxi to drive him back home before sitting quietly at the back seat, staring out of the window.

Luhan used to get in a taxi with Sehun and when the driver asked them where they are going, Sehun will just smile that assuring smile Luhan loved the most and told the driver, “anywhere.”

Luhan used to laugh at all those jokes Sehun told him as the taxi sped through the roads.

Luhan used to lean his head on Sehun’s shoulder and entwined his hands with Sehun as both of them smiled.

Luhan used to hear Sehun’s soft voice telling him everything will be alright when Luhan is quite sure it isn’t.

Luhan used to stumble out the taxi with his arm around Sehun’s shoulder and they will laugh at every little thing in this world.

 

Taxi cabs and busy streets that never bring Sehun back to him.

Luhan can’t help but wish that Sehun took him along.

Because being with Sehun is much better than waking up to an empty space beside him.

 

 

Luhan cut himself with the knife while he was doing the dishes.

He yelped in pain and quickly the blood out from his cut.

Luhan cursed before kneeling down to grab a plaster from the cabinet.

He carefully applied the plaster on his cut and sighed as he leaned on the kitchen wall.

The pain is stinging and Luhan will constantly felt like the wound is pumping underneath the plaster.

Sehun would literally kill him if he knew about this. He had always been extra sensitive about Luhan getting hurt.

And Luhan bitterly laughed as he thought about it. “Idiot. You hate seeing me hurting but yet, you still left me. You’re an idiot, Sehun.” Luhan muttered.

Luhan walked out of the kitchen and flopped himself down on the couch.

As much as the cut is hurting him, it’s okay. Luhan is used with getting hurt.

Luhan is used with all the pain running through his veins.

 

This is like falling in love in the cruellest way.

This is like falling for Sehun and he’s miles away.

“Where are you? Am I supposed to hang around and wait forever?” Luhan muttered.

But Sehun is in London and Luhan break down because it’s not fair that Sehun is not around.

It certainly isn’t fair how Sehun couldn’t hear all Luhan’s cries.

And this is when the feeling sinks in; Luhan never wanted to miss Sehun this way. He never wanted to need Sehun this way.

Luhan fell for Sehun harder than he expected. How fast it happened and yet how slow it played in Luhan’s memory.

They said that time heals everything. But they don't know Sehun. And the scars he brings into Luhan’s life.

But Luhan still loved every one of it. Because loving Sehun was his favourite mistake.

Luhan sit back and closed his eyes as the memories are playing like there’s some kind of a cinema inside his head all over again.

 

 

“Come back, be here.”