1/2

Apologies of the Worst Kind
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was Gunwoo who had started the fight.

Looking back at it now, he knew that it was stupid and immature of him, and if he knew then what he knew now, he wouldn't have said all those dumb things. 

But he did say them; his words stabbing Insoo right in the heart. He knew Insoo was a bit sensitive sometimes but Gunwoo just couldn't stop yelling at the poor boy. 

It then came to a point where Insoo started yelling as well, trying to hurt Gunwoo as much as possible.

Gunwoo was too angry to care. Insoo's words had no effect on his resolve as he continued to scream, despite his dongsaengs begging him to stop. Gunwoo knew he was in the wrong, but his pride wouldn't let him admit that.

The only thing he could do was keep the fight going until he was finally able to shut Insoo up.

"I can't believe I even try putting up with you, Kang Insoo!" Gunwoo yelled, strong levels of hate seeping through his words. "I hate you and just wish you had starved yourself to death. None of us should have even saved you!"

"Hyung, don't say that!" Chaejin begged, feeling powerless and shocked. He couldn't believe Gunwoo had said something like that.

Seyong, JunQ, and Chaejin were...scared...to say the least. They had never seen Insoo and Gunwoo fight like this before.

No. 

They had never seen Insoo and Gunwoo fight, period.

Gunwoo paused, breathing heavily after hearing Chaejin's words. It was quiet, the tension in the room so thick that it was almost suffocating.

Insoo was the one to break the silence.

"Is that how you feel?" Insoo finally asked. "You think that I should have killed myself?" Insoo swallowed, feeling his eyes watering up. "That I should die?"

"No, Hyung!" Seyong cut in. "He didn't mean that! Everyone's just upset. We all need to calm down." 

The three donsaengs were panicking. The last thing anyone of them wanted was for Insoo to be on a self destructive path again.

JunQ looked at Gunwoo, angry at the leader's silence. "Tell him you didn't mean it!"

But Gunwoo could be stubborn when he wanted to be, so he said nothing.

The damage had already been done, anyway.

Insoo didn't say anything as he wordlessly left the living room, JunQ running right after him. Truth be told, JunQ's paranoia kicked in as he began to imagine what Insoo was capable of doing to himself if he were alone. 

It was quiet in the living room once again. Gunwoo, Seyong, and Chaejin shared glances at each other before Seyong started talking again.

"I get that you're angry, Hyung," the rapper began, not hiding how furious he was. "But you had no right to say most of the things you said to Insoo. You should really be ashamed of yourself." Seyong gave Gunwoo an angry glare before leading Chaejin out of the living room, leaving Gunwoo all by himself.

Gunwoo sighed, knowing that today was going to be a very awkward practice session at the studio today.

And Gunwoo was right.

As all five of them piled into the van, no one said a word to each other and it was obvious to their manager that something wasn't right. But for everyone's sake, he said nothing, not wanting to cause an even deeper rift between the boys.

Insoo was looking out the window the whole time, sitting in his usual spot in the back row of the van with Gunwoo, and Chaejin sitting in between them.

At least something was the same today.

And thankfully, Gunwoo's words hadn't hit Insoo too hard today. The oldest member still ate today before hopping into the van.

Of course, JunQ wouldn't tell anyone about the tears Insoo shed right after the fight for the sake of his hyung's dignity. 

Other than that, Insoo seemed okay, and though he was unnaturally quiet right now and he was still clearly upset, it was clear that he really wasn't hurt to bad. Insoo had such a forgiving nature to him. He couldn't stay mad at Gunwoo for long.

Maybe there was hope that this terrible fight would be soon forgotten.

But that was proven to be wishful thinking.

It started out fine at the studio, especially with Insoo. His dance was always effected by his mood. The more upset he was, the more powerful his dancing was. Dancing was his way of releasing any negative feelings he had without doing something he may regret later. Today was no different as he managed to outshine everyone in that aspect right now.

But two dance practices later, Gunwoo had managed to get even more pissed than he already was. The boys didn't think that was even possible.

Sadly, Chaejin was the victim of his anger this time, on the receiving end of Gunwoo's harsh criticism.  Just like Insoo, Chaejin's performance was also effected by his mood. But his performance was the type that suffered when he was upset. He could usually dance and sing better when he was happy. But it was kind of hard t

Please log in to read the full chapter