Final

You say good morning, when it's midnight.

A sleepy, tired and annoyed Byun Baekhyun trudges his way down the never ending stairs of his apartment complex to the kitchen. His insomnia has been nothing like what his idiot friend who claims himself to be Baekhyun’s personal counsellor had said. “Just stay calm Baek, it’ll go away.” Those words are echoing inside his head and Baekhyun wants to do nothing except slashing his best friend’s head with a chainsaw for telling him such obvious lies.

“Park Chanyeol, your life is in danger. I swear in the name of gods and goddesses I’m gonna slit that throat with my own bare hands.” He mutters under his breath. Baekhyun is standing on his tip toes because his height is restricting him from reaching for the glass in the cabinet. He silently blames his parents for not giving him a lifetime supply of milk when he was younger and he’s also blaming himself for neglecting his mom’s advice to consume as much protein sources as possible.

It feels like an eternity when he feels the smooth porcelain surface on his palm. A cup of nice, warm espresso on a rainy night would not do any harm right? Baekhyun sighs, “It’s gonna be a long night.” And with that, walks back to his room in remorse for not taking  Joonmyun’s advice.

-

Baekhyun sleeps at 4.00 in the morning and just when he thinks that his sufferings are over, he is awoken by the loud blaring of his ringtone reverberating through the walls of his room. Groaning, he reaches for the his phone placed on a tiny lamp stand and silently curses whoever is calling  to be reborn as a grass in a park near his university in their next life so he can squish the living hell out of them.

“Who is it?” Baekhyun says, voice coated in sleep.

“You’re awake baek?” A deep, husky voice sends shivers down his spine.

 Park ing Chan ing Yeol.

“Piss off Chanyeol, it’s 4 in the morning for god’s sake.”

“Sorry Baek, it’s just that I can’t seem to fall asleep.”

Lies, Baekhyun thinks, he knows the tiredness that is currently lacing Chanyeol’s words.

They have known each other for more than 16 years. So it is not a surprise that a certain Byun Baekhyun knows everything about a giant that goes with the name of Park Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol, I know you can do better than that.” Baekhyun sits on his bed, with his white blanket draped loosely around his toned legs. “Come on, you know you can tell me anything.”

Chanyeol chuckles, a deep, low sound that Baekhyun has grown used to. A voice that never fails to send tingles all over his bones like a jolt of electricity.  

“It’s just that, haha, I don’t know how to say this but I just want to talk with you. You can say that I miss you.”

And at that moment, Baekhyun’s heart swells and bursts like  millions of pollens raining on a garden that is his heart. Those three words make his heart leap in ways Baekhyun could never imagine.

“Haha, yeol you’re so funny.” His words come out shaking with nervousness as he tries to stammer a coherent response to Chanyeol’s words.

“I’m not joking Baek, I really miss you.” And Baekhyun wonders why his heart is still functioning after hearing those uttered words from the man he has been infatuated for since three years ago.

“You feeling sleepy yet?” There goes that sinfully attractive Greek god voice of his again and this time/ Baekhyun swears he feels his insides exploding to pixie dusts. How long has it been this way? Oh, three ing years.

“Baek, can you come out for a while? I need you to see something.” Chanyeol breaks the thin silence that is starting to form in the back of Baekhyun’s head. “I know it’s 4.15 in the morning and I know you’re probably gonna get cold and sneeze for the next five hours but please.”

By this point, Chanyeol is practically begging him to get out of his room and go outside in the cold air of his apartment complex for whatever reason that he has no knowledge about.

 Baekhyun imagines Chanyeol’s big puppy eyes and his pink lips forming a pout that Baekhyun knows he could never say no to.

And Baekhyun knows he still can’t say no even though Chanyeol is at the otherside of the world. So it does not take that much time for him to slip into a pair of balck skinny jeans that Luhan had given him for his 20th birthday.

“Sometimes you gotta show those lean legs of yours.” Luhan said with a wink before he took off with Minseok to god knows where.

“This better be good Park Chanyeol, or I’m going to get on the first flight to Canada tomorrow morning.” Baekhyun avows. Chanyeol might be at the other side of the world but Baekhyun is willing to take the risk.

 

 

The moment he opens the door, Baekhyun is snapped out of his reverie when he feels a strong pair of arms embracing him in a tight. Baekhyun feels like all of the oxygen he had been inhaling for the past 22 years has been out of his lungs. Not to mention he almost screamed but immediately thought of the the ways he is going to be killed by this stranger when he hears the deep baritone he’s grown very used to.

“I’m back, Byun Baekhyun.”

It’s his giant, his best friend and not to mention, his main cause of the heart aches and sleepless night waiting for him to come back. Baekhyun could not believe his eyes for a while, judging from the looks of his perfectly sculpted jaw hanging loosely; eyes wide in utter shock as he takes in the giant entity standing in front of him.

Chanyeol’s hair is dyed bright red, flaming bangs hanging on his forehead almost covering his dark, hazel orbs. His leather jacket hugging his torso for dear life and a big toothy grin is drawn on his sinfully gorgeous lips.

“Well, aren’t you gonna say something?” Chanyeol breaks the thin silence. Voice echoing in the silent apartment walls and reverberates back into the back of Baekhyun’s mind.

A lump forms in Baekhyun throats so instead of giving his friend a coherent response, Baekhyun hits Chanyeol in his arms and stops immediately when he feels an unanticipated  firmness of Chanyeol’s bicep.

“I took the first flight back to Seoul and all I get is a hit on my forearm? Then I’ll probably consider moving back to the states and stay there for the rest of eternity” He spats

“It’s not funny you idiot. Do you know how many times I’ve been wanting to get my hands on that giraffe neck of yours for giving me such a hard time sleeping? At this point, Baekhyun does not care if he is being inconsiderate and noisy in the ungodly hours of the morning. “Do you have any idea how much I’ve suffered and been worried about how you’ve been doing alone in Canada? Do you ing know how much it pains me to see-“

The shorter boy does not have a chance to finish his sentence because Chanyeol cuts him off with an assertive touch of his smooth lips against Baekhyun’s dry and chapped ones. Baekhyun might be hallucinating and dreaming because holy . The man he’s had a crush on for three years is back from the states and is now towering over him with his lips pressed hard against his.

Baekhyun cannot help but inhale the smell of Chanyeol’s cologne; the scent he likes the most about Chanyeol. The smell of coffee and spices mixed together forming an exotic concussion that makes Baekhyun’s head swirls.

Soon after, Baekhyun finds himself returning the one-sided kiss when he realises Chanyeol’s large hands making its way to cradle the shorter boy’s face and Baekhyun absentmindedly tugging at the ends of Chanyeol’s crimson hair rather hardly; afraid that the taller boy will disappear when he breaks away from the sloppy kiss. Chanyeol mindlessly the bottom of Baekhyun’s lips, asking for entrance. Baekhyun grants it by parting his lips slightly, allowing Chanyeol to slip his tongue.

It does not take long for Chanyeol to start exploring the foreign area, tongues battling in fight of dominance and Baekhyun cannot help the tiny moans escaping.

Chanyeol pulls away first because the lack of oxygen is suffocating him, his chest heaving up and down at an unsteady rhythm and lips swollen. He locks his gaze into Baekhyun’s dark, shadowy eyes. His gaze piercing through Baekhyun’s soul like an arrow being shot in a short distance, aiming it’s way straight at the boy’s heart.

“Now that, is what I call a kiss.” He grins. “Baek, I’ve been thinking about this while I was in Canada. Ever since I’ve met you back in High School, I’ve seen and met great beauties in my life and have also learned that I could just gaze at them and walk away. But with you, everything has changed.”

Baekhyun’s breath hitches, is this real? Is Park Chanyeol confessing to him?

“I believe you will understand me. I want to keep you as a flower I’m charged with looking after because being with you is like being in paradise. I will take this relationship and go through the ups and downs of life seriously if you’re mine and only mine.”

A silent tear makes its way to Baekhyun’s eyes, rolling down his cheeks before dropping on the cold pavement of his apartment floor. Baekhyun grabs Chanyeol by the neck and kisses the daylight out of the boy. He’s happy because there will be no more sleepless nights, no more teasing from Kim Jongin. And certainly, no more worries about Chanyeol being with anyone else. His heart and soul belongs to the boy who likes to make fun of his sleeping habits; the boy who wears big, dorky glasses and likes to play the guitar for him whenever Baekhyun feels like the world is going to conspire against him.

“You’re mine, and only mine Byun Baekhyun” Chanyeol declares after they parted.

“I’m yours.” Baekhyun affirms.

And Baekhyun’s insomnia is finally gone now that he has Chanyeol’s arms hugging his waist every morning. Reassuring that he’s not going anywhere anytime soon.

And Baekhyun is fine with that.