Pinky Promise

Pinky Promise


 

‘The number you have dialed cannot be reaches at this moment. Please try again later.’

 

He clutched the phone that was still attaching to his right ear. The operator voice wasn’t the voice he wanted to hear at this moment. The phone in his limp right hand falls down. He watched the beautiful night scenery in front of him; the beautiful and flashy light emitting from various tall building in front of him and the short building beneath him.

 

‘Yubi kiri genman…’ he sang the kid song he used to sing with him when they are making promises to each other.

 

Kyunnie…’ He quickly wipes away his tears from his face, hoping the latter didn’t watch he’s crying. But he was too late as the other now was frowning at him, and he know that he was caught crying by him. ‘Kyunnie, why are you crying? Don’t cry.’ The latter said to him, wiping away his tears with his own hand.

 

‘I cannot stand it, Hyukkie. I miss them so much.’ He said to the latter, and the latter nodded his head. ‘I miss mummy and daddy, so much.’ The named Hyukkie nodded his head again.

 

‘I know, Kyunnie… I know…’ The named Hyukkie said and pulled him into his embrace. ‘I know that you miss them, kyunnie. But they are no longer here.’ The named Hyukkie said and he cried more. ‘Kyunnie, don’t cry anymore. Your cry makes my heart hurt.’ The named Hyukkie said. ‘Kyunnie, I promise I’ll always stay by your side.’ The named Hyukkie said and he pulled out from the hug.

 

‘Promise, Hyukkie?’ He asked with so much hope.

 

The named Hyukkie nodded his head, and take his pinky finger to latch to the other, making a pinky promise. ‘I promise to be with kyunnie forever.’  The named Hyukkie said and started to sing a pinky promise song.    

 

‘Uso tsuitara…’ He sang and took one step in front. He could hear the horn yanking noises coming from transports beneath him. He let the night cool breeze slapping his face, took another step in front. ‘Hari sen bon nomasu.’ Another step was taken as soon as he finish saying that sentences. ‘Yubi kitta…’ and he fall down from the place he standing at.

****

Hyukjae woke up from his sleep abruptly, startled the other who was sleeping beside him. ‘Hyuk?’ The person lied next to him asked groggily. He switched on the bed lamp, watching at the digital clock on the stand. He sighed when he saw it just two in the morning. He turned back to his lover, who was crying at that moment. ‘Hyuk… it’s okay.’ He said, rubbing the back of Hyukjae with soothing manner.

 

Hyukjae shook his head. ‘No, it’s not okay, Donghae. It has been year already but still, I keep dreaming about him.’ Hyukjae said in his sobs.

 

Donghae said nothing but to hug Hyukjae, hushing him. ‘Shhh… it’s okay. Everything is okay.’ He said consoling the crying one.

 

Yubi kiri genman…

(Let’s make a pinky promise)

 

‘Hae, make him stop, Hae.’ Hyukjae said, begging. His voice inside his head was making his head hurt.

 

Uso tsuitara…

(And if you tell a lie)

 

‘Stop it. Stop it. Stop it.’ Hyukjae roared, throwing everything he can reach to the wall. Donghae had been pushed away by him, because the voice inside his head was making his head in mess.

 

Hari sen bon nomasu

(You must swallow thousand needles)

 

‘No, stop it! Stop it, Kyuhyun. I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I leave you.’ Hyukjae ranting, raving apologizes.

 

‘Hyukjae… Hyukjae…’ Donghae tried to grab screaming Hyukjae. Hyukjae had been in this state for almost year already, he will woke up abruptly from his sleep on two in the morning, the exact time when Kyuhyun killed himself, and turned into mess like this. Hyukjae keep screaming that Kyuhyun was there, singing the promise song to him, but Donghae couldn’t hear anything and he didn’t know what kind of song Kyuhyun was singing that makes Hyukjae go crazy like this. ‘Hyuk, it’s okay.’

 

Hyukjae slapped away Donghae’s hand from touching him, running to the kitchen. ‘Hyuk? !’ Donghae cursed, taking his boxer to put on. It took him a lot of minutes to find where he had thrown his boxer. When he found it, he quickly wears it and run to the kitchen where Hyukjae was. 

 

‘Hyukjae!’ Donghae screamed, watching in horror as Hyukjae was lying on the floor, blood creating a pool around his body.

 

Hyukjae was whimpering in pain, body shaking as he felt his soul slowly being taken away from his body. He barely register someone was coming at him. The figure was so familiar to him.

 

‘Kyuhyun…’ he whispered lowly when the person crouched to him, taking his pinky finger and latched together with his.

 

Yubi kitta…

(It’s a promise)

 

Kyuhyun said and Hyukjae closed his eyes, forever.  

***

 ‘Hyuk, where are you going?’ Kyuhyun asked, watching in confusion as his lover dressed up nicely and was ready to go out.

 

‘Somewhere.’ Hyukjae answered and sprayed his body with perfume. ‘I’m going out and might not come back. Just lock the door and sleep early okay, Kyu?’ He said and pecking his lover lips quickly, before running towards the door. Kyuhyun stopped him by grabbing his hand first.

 

‘Did you meeting someone behind my back, Hyuk?’ Kyuhyun asked, eyes were so sad looking at Hyukjae.

 

‘What are you saying, Kyu?’ Hyukjae denied. ‘There is no such thing. Don’t think too much and just sleep, okay.’ He said and pecking once again Kyuhyun’s lips.

 

‘Hey baby.’ A man called Hyukjae as soon as he stepped inside the club. ‘What take you so long?’ The guy said, kissing Hyukjae fully on his lips.

 

‘You know Kyuhyun. He always bug me.’ Hyukjae answered.

 

‘Ah… your little lover?’ Donghae teasing laughed when Hyukjae pouted at him.

 

‘You know that you’re my lover.’ Hyukjae said, and Donghae nodded, laughing and kissing the still sulking Hyukjae. ‘He is just my childhood crush, something like that.’

 

‘I thought you love him?’ Donghae asked.

 

‘I did. But I grew tired of him. He’s too soft and caring, unlike you.’ Hyukjae said seductively. ‘You’re rough, like a beast, and I like that.’ Hyukjae chuckled when Donghae was biting him, leaving mark on him everywhere.

 

Unknown to them, there was a third person watching them. ‘You promised me, Hyuk.’ Kyuhyun lowered his head, walking away from the club. Walking aimlessly, he settled on standing on the top of the tall building in front of the club, looking down with so much hatred.

 

‘Kyaahhh!!!’ Screams from various people shocking everyone inside the club, including Donghae and Hyukjae. They went out to look at what had happened. Hyukjae was cupping his mouth, when Donghae pulled him to his chest, not allowing the smaller to look at the lifeless body in front of them. There, lied Kyuhyun who had just killed himself by jumping from the building opposite to the club where Hyukjae was cheating on him. The best revenge Kyuhyun could pay to Hyukjae. And ever since that day, Hyukjae live miserable life. The pain of Kyuhyun killing himself in front of him never left him and stay inside him, slowly killing him like a needles piercing his inside.

 

Yubi Kiri Genman

(Let's make a pinky promise)

'Kyunnie.... I promised I will love you and always be with you. I will never live happily if I break this promise to you... 

 

Uso Tsuitara

(and if you tell a lie)

'I don't love anyone else beside you, Kyunnie...' 

 

Hari sen bon nomasu

(You must swallow thousand needles)

'It's hurt, Donghae. My heart is hurt ever since Kyuhyun kill himself because of me. 

 

Yubi kitta 

(It's a promise)

'If I cheats on you, our pinky promise will comes after me, haunting me and killing me.' 

 

'We sealed it. Its a promise, Hyuk. We cannot break this promise. We must not break this promise.' 

'No, I won't. It's definitely our promise, Kyunnie. A promise that should not being broken. ' 

 



What did I just write ? (Facepalm)

Try to enjoy everyone!