"...but he is living in South Korea."

107

Since born, Wu Yifan had been a rather interesting child.

Unlike other ordinary children who laugh freely without any care to the world, Yifan, born with the name Lee Jiaheng, looked at the society around him with distaste in his eyes.

This made his mother worried, to say the least. She couldn't consult this problem to a pediatrician, obviously, so she told her mother's friend about Jiaheng, and she only got a smile once the old lady looked at the boy.

"He's scanning people," she told the distressed mother while smiling back to the boy. Jiaheng was smiling to her, that was rare, so his mother kept on listening. "He's a bit picky to get closer to other people, but that's not particularly a bad thing. Later, he will learn to compromise and get many friends so don't worry about it. If anything, he's gifted because he can look past people's heart, their intention and thoughts. He will be cautious more than average children, yes, but you won't need to worry if he's taken for granted by anyone or if he's being toyed around."

She thanked the old lady and took the one year old son into her embrace before walking away, but her steps were halted when her mother's friend called them again, or Jiaheng particularly, "And, just like a dragon, he's also been looking for his mate."

 

 

A few years later, Jiaheng's mother finally realized what the old lady had said when she finally packed her stuffs to escape to Vancouver. Her son hadn't smiled for so long to his father, long before she found out that her husband had been playing around behind her back. She asked her five year old when they were in the plane, ready to take off to the foreign land, "Jiaheng, have you known all along...?"

"Papa with a strange aunty?" he asked back. She held back her tears and nodded wordlessly. "I don't want to make Mama sad."

"But Mama is sad right now," she answered hoarsely.

"Am I bad, Mama?" he asked again, quieter this time. He played with his nails and bit his lower lip; she'd never felt more guilty than at that moment. "I made you sad, didn't I? Will you forgive me?"

She took her son onto her lap and hugged him tightly, kissing his temple and hair, "No, honey, you didn't. Everything's gonna be alright. For Mama, for you too."

 

 

 

She eventually remarried 7 years later, making sure that she got the green light from her son. "He wants to make you happy, Ma," he told her with shining eyes. "And I want to see you happy, too."

 

 

*

 

 

Jiaheng, now Kevin Wu or Wu Yifan, finally decided to accept SM Entertainment's offer to fly west to Seoul, South Korea, to be a trainee under that company. He made that decision not out of rash thought, but he wanted to take a chance to look for his own soul mate in that foreign country. The owner of half of his heart might not from the same country as him, he pondered.

"Finding your mate is quite easy, Jiaheng," said the same old lady he'd visited when he was still a little child, a few years ago when he and his mother had come back to China. "When you look at them, your heart will scream for you. It will tell you that they are The One, and you should never let them go."

"Screaming heart," he echoed. "That sounds... painful."

"No, silly kid," she chuckled. "It will beat faster but not to the extent that it will make you uncomfortable. You will know when the time comes."

 

Park Chanyeol was one of the trainees who came to the airport to welcome the new foreign trainees, along with Kim Moonkyu, Lee Taemin, Kim Jongin, and Oh Sehun. They were all younger than Yifan, give and take 3 years, but they were all overall nice so he continued 'scanning' them with intention to find the most suitable with him--

And his heart suddenly hammered so hard when he scanned the heart of Park Chanyeol.

The pounding was hard it literally took his breath away but it was only the first time and it got better immediately. But his heart was still racing, especially when the said guy walked closer to him with a slight worry plastered onto his face, "You... alright?"

The hand placed onto his shoulder felt warm, so comfortably warm it almost got Yifan disappointed when Chanyeol retreated his hand. They eventually were guided to the parking lot and he and Chanyeol were taking the same van, shoulders pressed to each other's.

His heart sang joyously, melting his impassive face and growing a smile onto his lips.

"Why smile?" Chanyeol asked him with his accented and very much awkward English, but that didn't hinder the affection that was growing inside his heart for the younger man. If anything, it only made him want to hug the cute guy and whisper to him softly, I found you. I found you.

"I'm happy," answered Yifan simply, although 'happy' was an understatement of the year.

Chanyeol hummed while nodded. "I'm happy, too."

 

 

*

 

 

"Chanyeol-ah," said Yifan with his heavily accented Korean. "How to say 'I'm happy'?"

"기쁘다? 기뻐요," answered the latter after looking up from his Chinese textbook.

"No, not that," Yifan shook his head. "More than 기쁘다."

"행복하다," said Chanyeol, nodding as if satisfied with his own answer, before looking down back to his book.

"Chanyeol-ah." The said guy looked up again, meeting Yifan's gaze. "행복해. 널 찾아서 행복해."*

 

 

*

 

 

"Hyung, did you realize?"

It has been years ago since both of them debuted under the same group. Many things have happened, both happiness and sadness, many things changed, fortunately their love doesn't.

"What is it, Chanyeol-ah?" asks Yifan while playing with the other's hair. Both of them are currently lazing around in the living room, Yifan sitting on the sofa while Chanyeol lying on it with his head on Yifan's lap.

"God only needed exactly two years and three weeks to create me after creating you," the younger of the two grins while looking up to the older guy.

"He took two years and three weeks to make His masterpiece which was bestowed upon me," Yifan smiles.

"That's so cheesy hyung," Chanyeol laughs lightly before placing his hands onto Yifan's cheeks, bringing him down to kiss his small, soft lips, before whispering softly to the one he loves the most in the world.

"널 만나는 게 운명이야."**

 

 

 

{*}{*}{*}

 

* "I'm happy that I found you."

** "Meeting you is a fate."