Gentleman

Made of Steel

“Chae-honey!” Chaerin jumped when she heard her mother knocking on the door. “Time for breakfast! Yongguk-ssi is already up!” She said as her voice grew faint, Chaerin assumed that she had already walked away.

“Ugh,” Chaerin then buried herself under the comforter again and snuggling into her pillow while her free hand tried to reach for her mobile phone. She squinted her eyes as the screen flashed on and she smiled at her wallpaper of her and Zico having ice-cream together at her favorite stall, the scene flashed in her mind where Zico playfully smudged his vanilla cream on her noise. I can’t wait to see you. She then looked at the time and jumped up from her bed, realizing that it was already almost 11am. She opened the door to rush to the bathroom, instead only coming face to face with Yongguk and knocking into him once again when she could not stop herself.

Yongguk held her this time with an apple in his mouth. “Geez,” he murmured.

“What are you doing in front of my room?” She asked stepping back away from him.

Yongguk chewed on the apple, “Your mom sent me to wake you up,” he said with the apple in his mouth. “Boy, you really can sleep,” he teased. “Mrs. Lee had been trying to wake you up since 9am,” he said.

“Ugh, enough Oppa, I’m going to be late!” She then said as she pushed him aside, getting to the bathroom.

Late for what? Yongguk shrugged while continuing to chew on his apple; he made his way downstairs where Mrs. Lee was clearing up the dining table, leaving a nicely decorated plate of scrambled egg with garlic toast on a white porcelain plate for Chaerin. Mr. Lee had already left for work when he woke up and Mrs. Lee invited him to a grand breakfast that she had prepared for him.

He motioned over to the living room and sat on the sofa, taking another bite of his apple while looking out the peaceful neighborhood. So this is where she grew up? He thought, taking another bite of the apple. It’s lovely. He already had his bags packed and brought down the living room, ready to leave soon, probably after Chaerin is done washing up. But what was she late for anyway?

“Yongguk-ssi?” He then hurriedly stood up when he heard Mrs. Lee calling him from the kitchen and she soon came out from the kitchen, wiping her wrinkled hands on a pink cloth. She chuckled at how he was all tensed up the moment she called his name. “Is Chaerin awake already? Her food is going to get cold!” She nagged.

“Ah, yes, she’s already washing up-----“

Before he finished his sentence, they heard thumping footsteps from above and then some stuff dropping onto the floor with Chaerin squealing as she seemed to have kicked over some stuff. Yongguk could only chuckle.

“Aigoo, what is she doing up there?” Mrs. Lee said looking up the ceiling as if she could see Chaerin running about clumsily from below. “She sounds like she’s destroying my house!” The older woman said in a grumpy tone and marched her way towards the stairs, waiting to check on her daughter when Chaerin came running down the stairs, dressed in full black again. “Lee Chaerin!” Her mother said in a stern tone.

“Good morning, umma!” She said, running past her mother without looking at her and grabbing the toast on the dining table.

“Lee Chaerin, where are you manners?!”

“Umma, sorry! I’m late to meet Zico!” She said with the toast in as she grabbed a pair of black sneakers and sat at the porch putting them on as fast as she could.

Ah, so that was what she’s late for. Yongguk thought, as he grabbed his bags and slinging them over his shoulders, heading towards the front door as well, but before he did, he politely bowed to Mrs. Lee, “Thank you for being so hospitable, Mrs. Lee,” he said flashing a gummy smile at her. “Don’t worry, I’ll drop Chaerin off wherever she’s going before I head home,” he said, assuring of Chaerin’s safety.

Yongguk thought he hallucinated when he saw hearts flashing around Mrs. Lee. “Yongguk-ah, do come by to visit anytime you want, okay?” Mrs. Lee waved with that exact bright smile that Chaerin has.

“Yah, Bang Yongguk, don’t treat me like a child!” Chaerin said as she stood up from the porch, taking the toasted bread out of and chewing on it.

“Lee Chaerin!” She heard her mother yell. “Manners!”

Yongguk smirked. Imitating Mrs. Lee, he mouthed “Manners!” at Chaerin.

Chaerin squinted her eyes at Yongguk and grabbed onto his bag and dragged him out the house. You just wait, Bang Yongguk!

“Goodbye, Mrs. Lee,” she heard him said with his low tone from behind. “See you around!”

As soon as they passed the little white gate, Chaerin released his bag and shutting the gate closed.

“Where are you meeting him?” Yongguk then asked, adjusting his bag on his broad shoulder.

“Downtown, at a dance studio,” she simply replied as they started to walk out of the neighborhood. “You’re going home right?” She asked, tucking her house keys into her pocket.

“After I drop you off,” says Yongguk with a smile on his face. “I promised your mom.”

“Oppa please,” Chaerin looked up to him with pleading eyes. “Don’t treat me like a kid,” she said, looking upset. She must really hate to be treated like a child. She looked serious about it.

Yongguk took in a deep breath and sighed. He smiled as he placed his arm right over her neck, pulling her in close to him. Her height was perfect for him to comfortably place his arm around; it was as if she was made to fit into his arms. Chaerin grabbed onto his waist when he pulled her in so suddenly that she lost balance, gently crashing into his side. Before she could even yell at him for pulling her, he said in a low tone, “I’m not,” he said so gently that her heart skipped a beat. “It’s just how every guy should treat every lady,” and with that he looked at her and smiled.

Chaerin looked at him, trying as hard as she could to hide her smiles but failed miserably that she could only poke into his ribs with her elbow, causing Yongguk to let out a laugh.

“But you are a kid anyway,” he then added, which was totally unnecessary. 

 



 

Sorry if my progress has been slowing down ;m; 
I have a presentation coming up this week >< 
It's so tough balancing my fangirl life hahah 
Hope you guys enjoy this! 

Cheers!