Release

Made of Steel

“I don’t know if I’m the one being dumped or him,” she said, putting the cotton bud away and pulling a plaster out of the box.

Yongguk was speechless. He silently watched her place the plaster over his wound and gently pressing it on the sides. His heart ached when he saw pain written all over her face, until she took a deep breath and exhaled, as if the pain were exhaled out of her body too. She smiled at him, releasing his hand.

“He was making out with some girl,” she finally said.

Yongguk’s heart skipped a beat, worried yet angry at the same time for her.

She let out another sigh. It really did seem that exhaling did help the pain leave her heart. She then let out a small chuckle, “She’s probably younger than him,” she said trailing her fingers around the plaster on her palm. “Prettier and cuter,” she listed. “Probably full of energy too compared to m----“

Before she could continue any further, Yongguk grabbed her hand. She looked at him, knowing that he was worried for her. “Oppa, I’m fine,” she said with a smile, reassuring him. “Really,” she squeezed his hand in hers. “She must be something for him to fall fo-----“

“Stop it!” Yongguk said sternly, startling Chaerin. “That doesn’t give him the right to cheat on you!”

Chaerin fell silent. She looked towards the city again as the sun began to set. “You didn’t have to rub it in my face,” she then said.

“Chae … I …”

Chaerin shook her head hard before he could apologize. “No, it’s not your fault,” she said with her head lowered. Yongguk sighed. He reached for her arm but she flinched the moment their skin came in contact and she stood up, taking a few steps away from the bench, holding herself. “Please don’t,” she said. “I won’t cry for him,” she said with a brave look on her face. “He isn’t worth my tears.”

Yongguk studied her emotions for a moment and stood up as well, approaching her. Chaerin stepped back but he grabbed her suddenly, pulling her into his embrace. Chaerin froze for a second, but began struggling in the next. “Let go of me!” She screamed when he would not. The more she struggled the tighter he held her in his arms. “Bang Yongguk!” She screamed, feeling the back of her eyes sting as the warm tears started to form.

“He isn’t worth you enduring all the pain either,” Yongguk said in a gentle calm tone, despite her hitting and pushing him away. Chaerin covered when she felt her emotions bursting. She was shaking in his arms. Yongguk lightly kissed her hair while it. “It’s alright to cry when you’re hurt,” his low husky voice brought so much comfort to her that she just could not hold it in anymore. She grabbed onto the back of his jacket and started sobbing out loud.

After what seemed like a whole 20 minutes, when Chaerin seemed to have calmed down in his embrace, Yongguk slowly loosened his grip around her, stepping back to look at her. Chaerin sniffed, wiping her tears away with her sleeve and then realizing her tear stains on his jacket. She let out a laugh the moment she saw it. “Oppa, your jacket,” she said awkwardly.

Yongguk paused, looking down to his jacket and responding with a smile. “Ah, this jacket’s pretty memorable now, huh?” He said, not bothered by the stains at all. “It’s stained with your blood and tears,” he teased pulling up the bottom of his jacket, showing her the blood stains from earlier this noon.

Chaerin giggled. “I’ll wash it for you,” she offered as she pulled on his jacket, nudging him to take it off.

“Why?” Yongguk pulled back. “I said it was memorable, didn’t I?”

Chaerin laughed. “Oppa, don’t be crazy!” She said reaching out to pull it again, “It’s dirty!”

Yongguk only looked at her and smiled. “Feeling better already?” He asked, changing the subject.

Chaerin then stopped and her smile slightly fading. She took in a deep breath, sighed and finally a strong nod, assuring him that she indeed felt better. She smiled, “Thank you, Oppa.”

“Well then,” Yongguk said putting both his hands into his pockets. “Let’s get you home,” he said about to turn around to grab his bags that he had been carrying all this while like a homeless person when Chaerin’s phone rang.

“Oh, it’s mom,” Chaerin said with sniff, she hurriedly cleared , hoping and trying to sound as normal as she can before she answered the call. Yongguk chuckled at her actions and gathered their trash around the bench when she answered the call. “Hello, mom?” He heard her turn around to speak, not bothering her conversation between her and her mother, he assumed that Mrs. Lee was just worried where she was since it was already night time or probably calling if she was going to have dinner out or at home … “What?!” He turned around to her sudden highly pitched exclamation. “Jiho------“ she had a frustrated look on her face when she started pacing left and right as she was listening to her mother on the phone. She sighed silently, careful not to let her mother hear it over the phone as she pushed her fringe up her head.

Yongguk straightened up, watching her in concern. What now?

“I didn’t know, mom,” he heard Chaerin finally said, scratching the back of her head. “There was a little misunderstanding this afternoon, I’ll call him,” she said calmly. “Yeah, I’ll be back after that,” with that she cut the line and then immediately dialing another number after.

Yongguk could only watch her in silence, hoping to find out what was the commotion just by reading her face, but of course, it was impossible. He waited.

“Meet me at the studio,” Chaerin said in a cold tone. “Now,” she added firmly and then cutting the line. She sighed out loud in frustration and then turning to Yongguk. “Zico went to my house in a panic, searching for me,” she told him. “Damn---“ she cursed, looking really troubled. “Why must he----argghhh!!” She growled in frustration and then stomping away.

Although it was a serious situation, he could not help but laugh which made her shot him a look in return. Yongguk stopped for a second, but burst out laughing again as he followed behind her. She turned around and looked at him with an unpleasant look on her face and both her hands on her hips. “Bang Yongguk!” She warned, but it only made him laugh more.

“I’m sorry,” he apologized, still chuckling in between. “But it’s just good to see you this energetic again,” he said, smiling. 

 



 

Ah! Updated later than I promised >< paiseh!
I hope you're still enjoying reading my crap :)

Cheers!