Reality Smack

Made of Steel

A topless guy was kissing a petite fair girl who was sitting on the bench, leaning against the wall with her arms around his neck. The guy bent down, allowing her to kiss him by resting both his arms on the bench to support his own weight.

She heard him giggle. Even though he had his back facing her, she recognized him. She’d recognize that tattoo on his right arm anywhere, the Veil of St. Veronica. She felt her heart grew cold and she felt herself breathing flames like a dragon. Oh the irony.

“This is why you should call home to inform them that you’re coming home,” Yongguk’s voice rang in her head again. Shut up, Yongguk! Not now! Not from you! Chaerin felt her eyes burn and it was stinging behind.

She gritted her teeth as she stared at them. They were so indulged into each other that they totally had no idea of Chaerin behind them, watching them in pain. I won’t cry! I refuse to cry! She sniffed, looking away; holding in the pain, she decided to leave the scene when a group of guys entered the hallway noisily.

Chaerin paused, looking at the group of guys. She recognized them as Zico’s gang of dancers whom she had met before. A guy among the group spotted her and immediately recognized her as well. “Chaerin-noona!” He shouted excitedly with both his arms in the air, waving at her.

Chaerin froze. Taeil.

Zico who was in the room froze too when he heard the name. He immediately pulled away from his kissing and turning around to find Chaerin outside the practice room with her back facing him. His face flushed white. Did she see me? No. Did she see us?

Being unable to smile, Chaerin gathered all the energy she could find in her and stormed across the hallway, right past the group of guys who were in shock towards her cold attitude.

“Chae!!!!” Zico shouted, chasing after her after grabbing his hoodie.

! He cursed. He was afraid, very afraid to lose her. Why did he do that anyway? Was it because he thought she would not be coming home for a while so he loosened up? I thought she wouldn’t be coming back! By the time he got downstairs, he grew panic when he saw the crowd. Damn, which direction?!

Chaerin ran, not knowing where all her energy came from, but it was clearly fueled with a totally different force right now. Anger? Perhaps. Or perhaps it could be the pain in her heart that would not stop hurting? She did not care. She just ran.

Yongguk who just finished his pancakes, rubbed on his belly with a satisfied look on his face. He stretched himself and then looking around the place. It was getting crowded. He pulled up his jacket sleeve, checking on his black digital watch. It was only 1PM. He sighed, thinking that he should be getting home since there was not much to do. What was I thinking, going for a stroll? He scoffed to himself. It’s not like he really enjoyed window-shopping anyway.

Just as he was about to turn around, he strong force knocked right into him, causing him to literally smack himself right on the pavement. Just as he was pushing himself up from the pavement in pain, he saw a figure beside him, getting up as well. “Chae?” He called.

She flinched, hearing his husky voice call out her name. She turned around to look at him with a horrified look on her face, which made his worry tubes shoot all the way up. Yongguk immediately got up, ignoring the fact that his palms were actually stinging like crazy. “Chae!” He said, grabbing onto her arm. “What’s wrong?”

“Chaerin!” He heard another voice called from behind, among the crowds. Yongguk could not see who, but he saw a figure, struggling among the crowd, heading towards their direction.

Before he could say or do anything, Chaerin tugged on his jacket, pushing herself up. She seems to be in pain but was still able to move fast. She pulled him to a corner, where she leaned against the wall and with Yongguk blocking her. They stood face to face like a normal couple standing by the corner, chatting to each other when Zico ran past them, yelling for her.

Yongguk recognized him as her boyfriend when peeked to the back with the corner of his eye. He saw Zico totally panicking as he turned around, searching for Chaerin, but failed her who hid behind Yongguk’s height. Yongguk felt her grabbing onto his army green jacket tightly and noticed drops of blood dripping from her palm where she scratched from the fall. The gripping only caused it to bleed more, until Yongguk grabbed her wrists, snapping her out of her thoughts. She looked at him only to realize her bloody palms were staining on his jacket.

She gasped and hurriedly released her grip. “I’m sorry,” she said as she tried to wipe of the stains, Yongguk only gripped on her wrists even tighter. Chaerin looked up to only find him staring deeply into her eyes. She held her breath for a moment, seeing him stare into her like that. She felt , as if he could see right through her. She hurriedly broke the eye contact and sighed, relaxing her body and leaning herself back onto the wall. 

 



 

Did you predict it?
That Zico cheated on her :P 
How else would our Skybang end up together, teehee

Cheers!