I'm sorry

I'm sorry

                “I don’t think I can do this. Leaving you and Eunchan, for two years…”

                “It’s okay oppa, it’s not like you won’t have any off days. I’ll miss you so much. Take care of yourself okay?” she reassured her husband.

                “Eunchan-ah, appa will be back soon as a real man. Take care of omma okay?” All Eunchan could do was smile and laugh. Eunchan was only 2. He couldn’t understand what was happening.

                Kangin tried to hide his tears from his wife. But it was no use. He was sobbing uncontrollably.

                “Appa… no… no… cry” Eunchan tried to console his appa. Eunchan begged to be carried by him. But he had to leave now.

                Eunchan started crying as saw his father walked away from him. Years from now, he will understand why his father had to leave him.

                To say that she won’t miss him is a lie. She hated him for being a nuisance to the society. But she trusts him. She knows that he will come back as a new person after turning over a new leaf.

                “Oppa! Why? Why do you have to do it? Oppa you know you’re a public figure and yet you’re doing all these horrible things. It’s not even a month since the thing happened at the pub, and now this?! Are you crazy oppa? How am I supposed to go out of this house? How do think Eunchan will feel when he finds out about this?” she shouted at him, hitting his shoulder.

                “I’m… I’m sorry, I… just… I’m so stressed out… Please forgive me… please” Kangin begged. Kangin kneeled down and hugged his wife’s legs.

                He did it again. Previously, he was caught punching another man at the pub. Now, two weeks after the incident at the pub, he was caught drink driving. Just as Kangin thought his life couldn’t get worse, his wife threatened to leave him.

                “Please don’t go. I need you and Eunchan. The both of you are my only source of hope right now. Please… please understand me” Kangin begged again.

                “If you truly cared about me and Eunchan, you wouldn’t have done this. I forgave you the first time. But now? I don’t think I can forgive you anymore. I’m going back to my parents’ house.”

                She rushed to her bedroom and packed her bag. She then went out, along with sleeping Eunchan in her arms. Before she could even reach for her gate, Kangin stopped her. He kept begging her to not go. All he has left now is his wife and son. Even s hated him. Her knees gave in and she slumped to the floor, crying.

                The next morning, Kangin woke up without his wife by his side. He panicked and was worried his wife really left him. He went out of his bedroom to see his wife preparing breakfast. Kangin went behind her and gave her a back hug.

                “Get away from me. Don’t you dare touch me after all you’ve done. The only reason why I have not left is because of Eunchan.” She glared at him.

                Five months later, he made a decision to enlist.

                “Hey, er, I’ve decided to enlist… I think it’s better for the both of us… and my career.”

                “Oh, even better. I don’t have to see your face for two years.” Honestly, she didn’t want him to leave. Despite being disappointed in him, Kangin was still her husband after all.

                “Please, can’t you just forgive me already? Fine, I’m sorry I punched that guy. I’m sorry I went drink-driving. I’m sorry you had to marry this idiot. I’m sorry you’re stuck with this moron. I’m sorry okay!” Kangin apologized.

                She wiped his tears and hugged him. She has already forgiven him a long time ago. She just wanted him to learn his lesson. She was disappointed, but she still loved him.

                “Oppa, honestly, I have already forgiven you a long time ago. I’m just… very disappointed with you. I trusted you, oppa. I know you’re a good man. You have always showered me with love. You’re an amazing father to our son. How can I not forgive you? I hope you will never do this ever again. I love you,” she confessed.

                “I’m sorry again. I love you,”

                “I love you too. Ahh, anyway, oppa, I think you gained so much weight. I can’t even reach my other hand!” she .

                “Well, since I don’t have any schedule and you’re an amazing cook, how can I not gain weight? But I know you love it,” he said.

                “Fine! No food for you for the next 24 hours!” she left the kitchen, teasing him even more.

                “Ahhh please no no no! I need my food! My beautiful wife, please cook for me!” he went off following her.