Kyuhyun

Hyukjae's Ideal Lover

~ HYUKJAE’S IDEAL LOVER ~

 

Hyukjae once thought that his lover had to be the one like Siwon - tall and muscular with broad shoulders which he could lean on whenever he felt down. Those features would sure make he feel secure.

 

However; Kyuhyun wasn’t like that. He was tall but not very muscular. He didn’t have the shoulders Hyukjae had expected, either. Still, Hyukjae loved those shoulders a lot. They might not be the broadest ones he had ever seen but they were definitely the most comfortable. Hyukjae’s head always fitted the other’s crook of neck perfectly. At that very moment, he felt not only secure but also complete.

 

-o0o-

 

As a person fond of sweetness, Hyukjae had always expected his lover to be a sweet talker like Leeteuk. The latter could easily find the others’ good sides and hearing such compliments helped him feel at ease any time.

 

It was obvious that Kyuhyun wasn’t like that. He was well-known for his sharp tongue and his disability to express his feelings through words. There had already been various times the other made fun of him and made him cry. Hyukjae sometimes wondered why he could put up with a guy like Kyuhyun. Then he recalled the times when the latter told him he loved him. Since the younger was satirical and disrespectful, hearing the sweet words from the other and knowing that he was the only one to hear those made Hyukjae feel loved and treasured even more. He thought he was the luckiest man on Earth.

 

-o0o-

 

Hyukjae used to wish that his lover could be a dancer as great as Donghae because they always made a fantastic team together. He would love to spend time with his lover, just dancing until they both became exhausted and in the end had to lean against each other for support.

 

Needless to say, Kyuhyun wasn’t like that. Even though he was now among the main dancers of their group, he still couldn’t control his stiff body as much as Hyukjae wanted. But it was fine since Hyukjae was pretty competitive. If Kyuhyun and he were both dancers, they would probably compete until one had to admit that the other was truly better and Hyukjae didn’t have the slightest intention of giving up that easily. Besides, having a singer like the younger as his boyfriend meant sweet lullabies every night, something Hyukjae didn’t oppose to at all.

 

-o0o-

 

Hyukjae was told that a childish person like him ought to have someone mature by his side in order to stop him from doing anything stupid. A person as mature as Yesung, Hyukjae thought. The former was usually calm and he didn’t talk much - he became hyperactive just in front of the camera.

 

Sadly, Kyuhyun wasn’t like that. Not only was he the maknae of the group, which meant he was the younger one of the two, he was also extremely playful and sometimes kind of evil. Staying together, they always came up with something unique and unbelievable and played tricks on the others all the time. But that wasn’t as if Hyukjae hadn’t enjoyed those moments of theirs. It was entertaining, he had to admit. Furthermore, Kyuhyun would be mature and thoughtful as well. He was sometimes caught sitting alone and thinking deeply. Much as Hukjae hated the fact, he knew that although the other might not be the most understanding partner, he was certainly more mature than him. And that was enough.

 

-o0o-

 

Hyukjae had a lot of plans for his future and being in love with Kyuhyun meant that many of his dreams would never come true. Nevertheless, love was not something he could resist. It came so unexpectedly that even though Hyukjae had told himself that he shouldn’t fall in love, he just did. But Hyukjae knew for sure, he had never regretted falling in love with Kyuhyun and he wouldn’t in the future, either.

 

Now Hyukjae didn’t plan anything ever again. He just let it be. As long as he was in Kyuhyun’s warm embrace like this moment, everything seemed perfect.

 

~ The End ~

 

A/N: I am writing a sequel to this drabble and its name will be “Kyuhyun’s Ideal Lover”. If you guys want to read it, I will post it soon. But if you don’t, I’ll keep it for myself :)

Have a nice time reading!