03

Pursuit

Krystal was sick of waiting for Kai. He wasn't even the reason why she had came in the first place. Of course, she had been planning on going with her friends, but her true intentions were on a certain guy who had promised to hang out with her during the carnival. That was Park Chanyeol. He seemed to be her counterpart; the ying to her yang and the spring to her step. Chanyeol had always been Krystal's ideal type; cute, awkward, smart, and oh-so adorable. Even though she had known him for so long, Krystal had liked him the day she had met him, and so did other people when they encountered Park Chanyeol. He had his own group of followers and was the school president. Chanyeol was admired for the responsibility he held and his chivalry for protecting the weak and the innocent. He seemed to be picture-perfect to Krystal, but he was real. Krystal had known him well enough to see him at his worst and that only made her crush on him stronger. 

Even though she hadn't come to spend time with Kai, something in her felt bad that he believed she would come to the carnival for him. So texting him to see if he would meet up with her, wouldn't be too bad. After Krystal had texted him and he had sent back a text with a few words on it, she grew disgusted since he had proposed their meeting first and didn't bother to show up on time. It was no longer her guilt that enveloped her, but her glee and excitement of seeing Chanyeol again as she waited outside. She went into the entrance of the carnival and scanned the different stalls to find the one she was looking for. 

"Chanyeol!" she yelled as she caught sight of him. Her face was beaming; she couldn't help but smile from ear to ear as   Chanyeol looked up from his booth to see Krystal waving at him, and smiled as he waved back to her. As he went back to his work, Krystal still felt happy that she got to see her crush since usually in school, she didn't always get to see him because of all the girls crowding him everyday, especially his fanclub, and his popularity with both genders with overwhelming. Everyone either loved him or wanted to be him. But the best part was that even though there were so many people Chanyeol divided his attention to, he usually tried to find her once a day to see her. It made her feel special of how Chanyeol did his best to greet her everyday despite the many responsibilities he had as well as the other people who wanted his attention.