Yes, Stupid

Your Face Some More

English | Korean | Thai (not-colored, the language that the main characters used in their conversations)


 

"Kunpimook Bhuwakul,"

Bambam automatically froze at his place when he heard his name. It somehow made him happy that somebody from this place (finally) managed to spell his name flawlessly but it also worried him (like hell) because he didn't know who that was. What if that was a sasaeng fan or something? He hadn't met any but the news about EXO's sasaeng fans were scary.

He shouldn't have sneaked out of the dorm on his own, their manager had warned him.

"Kunpimook Bhuwakul, didn't you hear me calling your name?"

How can this... girl... speak Thai?

Bambam slowly turned around and he found a petite girl staring at him with a questioning look. He stared back at her. The girl was no taller than him and only if she wasn't wearing those ankle boots, their heights wouldn't match like this. Her dark orbs were bright under the lights and she drew very thick eyeliners to frame her eyes. Her tousled hair was dyed jet-black with pink, green, and purple highlights. Her cropped top and skinny jeans emphasized how tiny she was.

Who's this?

He just stayed there looking at her and it took quite a long time for him to realize who she was. Only after he remembered how her hair was naturally dark brown back then.

"Faye,"

The girl smiled heartily. She walked closer to Bambam and took the snapback on his head only to wear it on her own head.

"I thought I was wrong. Your new hair almost fooled my eyes but that face, not at all,"

Bambam laughed. He didn't know that he'd meet someone he hadn't seen for years like this. As cliché as it seemed, he knew this reunion would be interesting.

"You speak Korean too?"

"My Korean is good, right? I know, I know," Faye said proudly, "Now let me call you Bambam too,"

Bambam was so eager to talk to Faye there but the girl was aware that her old friend was already an idol so they quickly left the busy street before anyone there realized who was around.


Bambam and Faye silently walked side by side around Myeongdong and since they both hadn't come up with any idea of what to do, they just walked. Bambam looked at Faye and smiled at himself. Faye looked good with his snapback. He remembered that Faye was the kind of unprompted girl but he didn't remember if Faye liked make-overs. Her face and personality stayed the same but well, look at her hair and her clothes. She even dared to wear cropped top in the middle of the night and instead of wearing her HBA jacket on, she just tied it around her waist to let people know she had the curvy line other girls should be envious at.

He should've worn his HBA jacket too (because he had the same one) before he came out, so they'd wear matching clothes.

"What brought you here?"

"I was bored," Faye simply answered, "That's all,"

"What, you've had enough moving out around Thailand?"

Bambam first met her during the 6th grade because she was a transfer student to his school. Not so long after, Faye moved out by the beginning of the 7th grade and he hadn't seen her ever since. Bambam knew her family had this business to run and they'd moved out all around the country even before they met.

"I've moved out all around Asia, actually. You know, my dad's business is huge. I'm bored of moving out so I need to settle down somewhere. And since I'm planning to stay away from my parents, I gotta have a job. The job I love,"

"So...?" Bambam raised an eyebrow

"I'm thinking of being a performer. K-Pop has a big industry and I'm thinking to join the club,"

Bambam knew that Faye loved to dance so much and she had been practicing hip-hop since she was 7 years old but if she said joining K-Pop, did that mean she wanted to be... an idol... too?

"Eh?" Bambam cracked a laugh, "You said being a singer sounded silly, that's why you mocked me when we were kids!"

"Yeah..." Faye sheepishly laughed at herself, "I know I need to have the whole package. The look, the voice, the moves. But I guess this is the quickest way to prove my dad that I'm not merely daydreaming and I'm serious about being a great dancer,"

"You've thought about this carefully? This can take you long time before debuting,"

"I better work it out than not at all. Albus Dumbledore said 'It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live' and I think my dad agrees that it won't hurt to try,"

Faye was right but Bambam couldn't hold back his laugh somehow. Quoting fictional characters again. Here came back the blunt Faye who always tried to be rational but kept sinking herself in fictions. Guess that's why Bambam liked Faye, because she was always honest to herself and she opened up herself for others. For him, so he could know her better.

"Faye," Bambam called softly, "If you wanna join the club, you must at least sing,"

Faye shook her head.

"No, I'm not gonna sing," Faye insisted, "You can rap in the group, why can't I?"

Bambam nodded his head twice.

"Considering your speed of talking, that might do," Bambam agreed, "Anyway, where's your family now? How long have you stayed here? Where have you stayed? I didn't see you around before,"

"First, they're in Singapore now, in the house where I was born. Two, about three months. Third, in my friends' flats, sometimes in the sauna, sometimes I just walk myself out like this until morning. Fourth, I don't even know you're here and there are thousands of people living in Seoul so it's not that easy to correctly bump into you,"

"You walk yourself out till morning?" Bambam repeated unbelievingly

"Yeah... Not just walking, but kinda sightseeing. You know, I'm the kind of person who rises with the moon instead of with the sun. I've visited a lot of underground performances and I met new friends. There are definitely great rappers and dancers there. There's also this handsome DJ, I thought he's like eight years older, but he was born in 1993 and―"

"I'm hungry," Bambam cut halfway

"―his name was Hyunho," Faye finished her words anyway

"You wanna get some ddukbokki?"

"I actually want some tomyam or somtum but of course we can't find that around here. Ddukbokki's good," Faye agreed, "But you're the celebrity and you must have filled your bank account so you pay,"

Bambam took back his snapback from her and neatly wore it on his head.

"Gaja,"


"Is it really okay?" Faye asked worriedly

"Of course it is. Why not?" Bambam asked back

"Because... I'm not a part of this place and... what if people see us?"

Bambam grabbed her small wrist and dragged her into the building.

"No one can guarantee that, but rest assured that we'll be just fine inside,"

Faye didn't refuse, she was too late to, so she just let Bambam lead the way. She didn't even know where they were heading to, but Bambam was a close friend of hers so she trusted him. It wasn't like she could meet ever see his face some more in the future either.

"Here we are,"

Bambam let go of her hand (although he didn't want to) and he let Faye walk in first. Faye was starstruck by the sight so she just stared in awe as her feet made the steps in.

"Whoa... It's cool!" Faye cheered in delight, "It's not even bigger than the one in SM's but... it's better to my liking,"

Bambam just smiled as he watched Faye literally spinning around in the middle of the dance studio. He found it cute. Ah, he should see that face some more.

"Is this the studio 2PM used to practice? Or is it the one GOT7 used?"

"Yeah... We used this to practice when we were trainees. There's a larger once that 2PM often used,"

"That other studio must be a lot cooler,"

Faye stopped wandering around and walked to Bambam, only to snatch the plastic bag away from his hand. They dropped by a mart earlier to get some snacks after visiting a ddukbokki stall because they hadn't had enough.

"Speaking of practice, aren't you supposed to practice with your group?" Faye walked to a corner and sat on the floor, "I heard that idol groups have busy routines. Performing on TV shows, going to radio stations, practicing non-stop, having photoshoots, all those kinds of stuffs?"

Bambam sat next to her and grabbed a pack of marshmallows, "We have two days off before the comeback. I'll be busy again tomorrow morning,"

"Oh..." Faye nodded understanding

Faye grabbed a chocolate bar and started eating. She was busy with her chocolate that she didn't realize Bambam was staring at her. He needed to see her face some more. He carefully scanned her bright eyes, her high-bridged nose, and her cherry lips and he noticed that nothing had changed. Her eyeliners and lipgloss couldn't hide that she stayed the same, and she even grew prettily. He remembered how she used to tell herself that other girls were taller and prettier. Bambam wished Faye knew that although she was shorter, she had always been a lot prettier than those other girls.

"Bam?"

Faye caught him staring at her, but she didn't know what he was thinking.

"You want this chocolate?"

"No. You've eaten it all the way," Bambam said, "You want my marshmallow?"

Faye didn't answer but she just pointed at her open mouth. Bambam chuckled as he stuffed a marshmallow into , then she stuffed another one into herself.

"You know what, Bam?"

Bambam started liking the way Faye called her like that.

"Chew first, Faye. Chew, chew,"

Faye obediently chewed and finished her marshmallows, but her hands already had another chocolate bar in handy. So, she ate again.

"I regret what I did,"

"Why? What did you do?"

"I didn't participate in SM's Global Auditions months ago because I was in Germany. But here, I got friends who are longtime trainees in SM and because of them, I just auditioned for SM yesterday,"

Bambam nearly bit his own tongue when he chewed the last marshmallow. Faye didn't need to wait for him to tell her to elaborate.

"I went and showed off my dancing and rapping skills in front of the judges. I thought it'd be easy because, let's be honest, I'm a prodigy, but the judging didn't go that way,"

"What do you mean?" Bambam asked in confusion

"So..." Faye finished a bottle of water in one-shot, "I first thought that they're looking for the whole package, like I told you before, but no. Their qualifications to recruit new trainees are based on their necessity. If SM needs visuals, SM will accept the pretty and handsome ones although they can't really do anything. If SM needs dancers and singers, SM will really pick the best ones no matter how they look like and where they come from,"

"Did they tell you that they judge that way?"

"Of course not, idiot," Faye snorted, "Yeonha Unni was accepted because she's pretty and Jinhee Oppa was accepted because he got the moves. I was totally pissed off when they told me that, they should've told me earlier,"

Bambam didn't even know who on earth these so-called Yeonha Unni and Jinhee Oppa were but he didn't bother to ask either. As if he cared.

"So..." Bambam tried to stay cool, "You're rejected?"

"I don't know. No news yet," Faye weakly shook her head, "What if they're looking for visuals this year? That ty princess who sat next to me must be accepted although she can't even dance to Gee. Damn, I should've put on more make-up that time. "

"You're pretty," Bambam muttered under his breath, "You don't even need to,"

Too bad Faye heard that and she threw him a questioning look.

"I don't even need what?"

"You don't even need..." Bambam scratched the back of his head, "...to grumble. You're a prodigy, you said it yourself, why'd you worry?"

Faye fell in silence for some split seconds but her furrowed eyebrows were soon replaced by a faint smile. She untied her jacket from her waist and wore it properly because, yes, her cropped top wouldn't make her full tummy look good at all. Bambam just stayed still and watched her ruffling her bangs, silently counting each color on her hair.

"You're right. There're still other labels I can go to,"

A little hope popped into Bambam's heart.

"If it's not SM, where are you gonna go next?"

"I'm thinking of Big Hit," Faye quickly replied

"What? Because of BTS?"

Was BTS that famous? It wasn't like Bambam ―and GOT7― envied them but they obviously wanted to be as famous as their seniors. Still, they strongly supported BTS too because they were all related in some way.

"Yeah... Sort of," Faye raised her shoulders, "I like BTS' music and concept and I'm thinking that maybe they're planning for a female version of Bangtan,"

That sounded silly.

"Say, Bangtan Girls? You gotta be kidding me,"

"No... My calculation might be incorrect but it's worth it to try," Faye said, "I seriously want my group to have the hip-hop concept, if I can choose,"

"Then why don't you just join m― us here in JYP?"

You almost slipped off, Bam.

"Big Hit is a part of JYP too, anyway, so I see no difference,"

"Just... Why don't you try? You said it won't hurt to try,"

"I don't know. A lot of people are aiming the big ones... I think it's safer to be anti-mainstream and Big Hit seems more promising," Faye explained, "Even though I was honestly tempted to audition for YG because their artists have the liberty to produce their own scores. Too bad, I must be too young for them and I. want. hip-hop,"

"Too much asking. Go make your own label," Bambam sarcastically suggested

"That might do, but that'll be hell. There's a lot to do when you're running business. It'll be just another dream that I won't bother to make true. I need to focus now, Bam. Even Albus Dumbledore said 'It does not do to dwell―"

"Dwell on dreams and forget to live," Bambam continued, "I know, Faye. I'm glad you still love your dreams,"

"Then wish me luck, so I can make my dreams come true, just like you,"

"Sure,"

Bambam replied Faye's meaningful smile with an ear-to-ear grin. He quickly stood up, patted his pants off the dust, and offered his hand to her.

"We're in a cool studio now so why don't we dance?"

Faye only stared at Bambam's hand with a blank look and she looked like she didn't want to flinch.

"I'm still thinking of a 'maybe' to answer you,"

"Oh, come on. Let's give it a try,"

Faye smiled and took his hand, letting him help her to stand up. She still had a hand in Bambam's grip when her other hand patted her pants off the dust. Bambam felt this fuzzy feeling in him again and he didn't plan to let go of her hand too soon.

"So," Faye playfully swung their joined hands, "What now?"

"I'm actually curious of what you danced for your audition. Was it that bad?"

"I'm telling you, it's far from bad," Faye confidently claimed, "Can I blast songs from other labels here?"

"I guess it's fine. Just not too loud,"

Still letting her hand in Bambam's hand, Faye dug into her pocket and took out her phone. She played a song and, finally letting go of his hand, gave her phone to Bambam.

"I planned to dance Overdose or Spellbound but I didn't because it'd look stupid if I danced alone, so I danced to this and I Got a Boy,"

The Queen of K-Pop's voice started singing a song in English and as if a spell was casted on her, Faye automatically followed the beat and her body caught every rhythm perfectly. Faye started dancing to BoA's Eat You Up flawlessly like she owned it. Her face was relaxed, her hair swayed beautifully, her hips were definitely enjoying the moves, and her insoles weren't bothering at all. It wasn't the kind of catchy-yet-girly or needlessly-too-y choreography a lot of girl groups had these nowadays. It was strong and not that easy to follow. Yes, this was her style. Bambam was amazed by the way Faye moved and he knew she was right about her own skills. She didn't even need to try to be cool.

"So..." Faye stopped after the chorus ended, "How was that,"

"Cool," Bambam raised a thumb-up, "Whose song was that?"

"BoA's Eat You Up. That's an old one. I actually like Mr.Mr but the choreography is too easy and too girly for me,"

"Yeah?" Bambam raised an eyebrow, "Show me,"

Faye clicked her tongue as she took a step away. She started singing to Mr.Mr as she danced and her voice wasn't that bad although she sang an octave lower. She only demonstrated the chorus and that was all.

"You should dance too, Bam, but please don't sing to your own songs because that won't impress me,"

"You pick the song,"

Faye checked her playlist and picked Ne-Yo's Let Me Love You. Bambam recognized the song so he immersed into the beat and started doing some popping and locking in his style.

"Nice!"

Faye was happy to see a nice dancing partner to dance the night away so she returned to the dance floor to join Bambam. She sneaked her hand around his shoulder and provoked him with a body-wave and a teasing smirk. The boy bit the bite, so he brought his body closer to her as he kept dancing.

They literally had some kind of silent dance battle because Faye would always show off first before Bambam showed what he got. It was fun because Faye never found dancing with a partner this challenging and interesting. A part of her nearly cringed whenever Bambam stepped too close, but her pride managed to draw her even closer because she had the overflowing confidence that she would win. Did she know, Bambam didn't intend to challenge her, but only to be close to her.

Girl, let me love you


"That..." Faye patted Bambam's back, "...was great,"

"Right," Bambam agreed, "We should do this often,"

Faye didn't answer but shortly smiled.

"Bambam!"

The two youngsters immediately stopped on their track and turned around when they heard someone calling Bambam from the other end of the hallway.

"Taecyeon Sunbaenim, annyeong haseyo,"

Bambam bowed his head down to greet his senior and although Faye didn't personally know Taecyeon, she bowed along and said 'Annyeong haseyo' as well because these three months had taught her the basic Korean formalities.

"Annyeong. I thought you guys were in dorm,"

"Ne, this is our last night off so I came out and I met a friend," Bambam explained

Taecyeon looked at the petite girl next to Bambam and bowed his head to her. Faye automatically replied with another bow and a friendly smile. Yes, Faye liked 2PM but she wasn't one of those hardcore fangirls.

"Who's this?"

"Annyeong haseyo. Felicia imnida," Faye introduced herself, "But please call me Faye,"

Bambam nearly bolted his eyes when he heard Faye mentioning her real name because he remembered that wasn't her style. Yes, Faye was the alias of Felicia. Her parents picked that name because they wished she could bring a whole new felicity to this world. Had she known, she had given a little but enough felicity to Bambam alone.

"Are you from Thailand like Bambam and Nichkhun?"

"Um... Literally, yeah,"

But Taecyeon didn't have anything else to ask them because he somewhat had to go somewhere so he patted Bambam's head, nodded to Faye, then smiled for the last time before bidding them goodbye. They watched his back as he disappeared from their sight.

"Faye," Bambam turned to the girl, "Why did you introduce yourself with your real name?"

"I just feel like it,"

"I thought you didn't like publishing your real name?"

"It's fine with Taecyeon. He doesn't even know who I am. But just in case, maybe 2PM needs additional member, I'm available. He must remember my pretty name,"

Bambam laughed. They both laughed. Bambam was ultimately happy for no reason tonight because he had been smiling and laughing a lot. Maybe Faye was the reason.

"It's getting late. I should leave now,"

Faye her heels to leave but Bambam quickly grabbed her wrist to make her stay a little longer.

"Faye,"

Faye tilted her head aside, "What?"

Faye patiently waited for Bambam to speak but the boy only stayed still. And it started getting Faye on her nerves.

Yes, Faye knew all along that Bambam remained the same person she knew he was and he still had those feelings for her. She wasn't that patient enough to act dumb any longer and to wait for him to say it, but her pride played its role. She was the girl ―she couldn't be that obvious.

"Bambam, please don't make our reunion feel cliché because no matter how much I like reading fictions, I don't want cliché things to happen to me,"

"Why?" Bambam finally spoke a word

"I don't want the good memories in my life to feel surreal so let's keep this simple," Faye slowly let go of her hand, "It's really great to meet you after years but I have to go now, okay? Bye bye, Bam!"

Faye cheerfully waved Bambam goodbye but before she could leave again, Bambam grabbed her shoulders and dragged her close. It was too close to her liking, but the thing he did after was far from what should happen.

That thing.

"Now tell me, was that surreal?" Bambam tried to speak clear so his voice wouldn't be shaking

Faye's eyes bolt in surprise and she quickly covered with both hands. If she hadn't lost her senses, she could've slapped Bambam so hard to leave red angry mark on his face. But she was too shocked that all she could do was freeze.

Faye swept Bambam's hands away from her, "What did you just do?!"

"Kissed the girl I've had a huge crush on for years when she was still in front of my eyes,"

Faye's hands were soon back dangling on her sides but her eyes were still fixed on Bambam's. She had this blank expression on her face.

"That was rude. Aren't you sorry for that?"

"No," Bambam answered shortly yet full with honesty, "I'll be sorry for myself if I let you go tonight before letting you know my feelings for you, because I don't know if we're ever gonna meet again,"

Faye was still in a haze that the things Bambam said weren't perfectly registered in her brain. Wasn't she blunt enough? Or Bambam was that oblivious that she knew all along?

"What did you mean? Crush on me?" Faye asked anyway

"I know it sounds silly but I was broken when you left because I didn't know if I could ever find you again. I've always liked the little things about you. Your smile, your laugh, your long hair, your bluntness, everything. I always crave to see your face some more. I admire how you love to laugh like you have no care about the world, how you love to dance like the whole world stops to stare at you, how you never act up and be yourself, how you dare to dream and how you always tell me we all humans need to live our dreams when we're awake because it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live..."

But Faye's eyebrows were still furrowed in confusion. Why didn't he just get down to the business?

"What I'm trying to say is as much as you drive me crazy, I also think you're pretty amazing. Yes, Faye, I like you that much,"

Faye only blinked twice and tore her gaze away from him. She stared at her feet, hoping the crimson on her cheeks wouldn't be that evident. Because if she let her walls come down that easily, all the attempts she did to keep her feelings to herself would be a waste. For years, she didn't dwell in dreams about him and didn't forget that she no longer existed in his life... Because she thought she couldn't see his face some more after she left.

Truth be told, Faye knew Bambam's feelings all along, because she felt that way too. And she honestly still needed to see his face some more. If she didn't, she wouldn't have called him from the busy streets earlier or agreed to stupidly spend the night with him.

"We're gonna meet again very soon. As a good friend, I promise I'll come to watch your comeback. Okay? Don't worry, I forgive you for being rude earlier,"

"Faye, look at me," Bambam grabbed her hands, "I'm serious about confessing to you, here, now,"

"You're weird," Faye said out of the blue, still looking at her feet, "You know you're not allowed to date but why are you confessing to a girl?"

There was no turning back. If Bambam wanted to see her face some more, he better went for it for it real.

"I like you," Bambam insisted

"We're bickering like toddlers now," Faye nagged to stop

"I'll figure it out for us,"

"How can you be so sure? You didn't even say love, just like, there's nothing to be sure of from that,"

"Faye..." Bambam squeezed her hands, "All those years when we were away, all I ever wanted was to see your face some more. Even simply thinking of you could drive me crazy. It was so not true when you said you're not pretty because you're the prettiest girl I ever laid my eyes on and I always crave to see your face some more. Now that we're here now, can you give us a chance?"

Faye felt like she had been acting stupid just because she held her pride up high. Screw her brain, she better listened to her heart.

"Bambam, this is just for this time,"

Faye suddenly cupped Bambam's cheeks and she didn't have to stand on her tiptoes to capture his lips. Her impulsive kiss lasted longer than the five-seconds kiss he gave her and it gave thousand tremors all over his system.

"If you're planning to kiss a girl, better do it better," Faye brushed the side of Bambam's lips with her thumb, "I accept your confession but I won't give any answer for that. You should learn the consequences first before you dare to ask me any further than this. And this..." she tapped his cheeks once, "...is a one time thing,"

Faye took a step closer and stared straight at Bambam once more.

"I actually liked you enough as Kunpimook Bhuwakul, but I like you too as Bambam,"

She quickly turned away, then the girl walked out through the back door, leaving the boy to sink in his racing heartbeat. Had Faye knew, she made both Bambam and herself blush like mad.

"I'll see your face some more, Bam," Faye said to herself

 

 

 



[A/N] First of all, sorry guys the colors must've hurt your eyes TT I don't know but I always think of unicorns, rainbows, and all those magical thingies when I look at Bambam so I decided to just 'pour my heart out' here. Yes, call me weird, you have the rights *brb self-slap*

I don't know if some Thai people also have western names (any Thai author/reader here to correct me?) because I once found a Thai actress whose name's Natasha something so I decided  to just go with Felicia, simply because it's close to the word 'felicity'. Yeah, I know, I should've asked a Thai friend of mine, you can blame me again. Maybe it's because I also have western name that doesn't sound to fit my last name so I created the issue of Faye's real name this way .-.

I once read on twitter about SM's auditions and yes, those who autidioned said SM judged that way. Like, like Faye said ._.

I know it's not my first attempt to write fluff and it isn't that fluffy so... Let me know what you guys think about it so feel free to comment ^^