You Are A Jerk

An Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Love is always complicated. But still humans must try to love each other. We must get our hearts broken sometimes. This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something…”

Dear Diary,

How long has it been? I mean can I still remember the last time I saw her? Of course I remembered. How can I forget that day? It was the last time I saw her. That day was so cold and I was looking for her around the school. Finally I found her sitting under the tree, like we used to. I slowly walked towards her but she didn’t notice that I was already standing beside her. She was writing, writing her diary again. I didn’t peek at what she was writing but just locked my gaze at her face. She looked different, not the same anymore like the first time I saw her. The cheerful smile, the mischievous spark in her eyes was all gone now. She looked pale, so quiet and unhappy. It was all because of me, right? Her beautiful high school life was all destroyed by me.

She slowly looked up at me when she heard me calling her name. She looked away, avoiding me again. I don’t want to play this game anymore. It was torturing me, torturing her and torturing 3 of us. I pulled her up and forced her to look at me. I was the one who do the talking and she only beg me to let her go. Let her go? After what happened to us, after what happened that night, she asked me to let her go? I loosened my grip on her hand when I saw her tears. The last thing I want to see is her to cry. But if I could turn the time back, I would not let her go that day. No matter how she begs, how much she cries, I will still hold on to her as tight as I can, if I know that was the last time I ever see her again.

Was all these happened because of what I did that night? That night when I was so worried and looking everywhere for her. My heart almost stopped when I found her surrounded by a bunch of jerks. It was my fault. I should insist to bring her to the hospital. I shouldn’t have let my emotions carried me away and thought that I could save her myself. But she suffered too much pain and she begged me not to send her to the hospital. She said she will be alright. I shouldn’t have believed her. It was my fault. 

I was shocked when the teacher told us she dropped out of the school. But why? We will graduate next month, just another month. She wanted so badly to graduate from this school. It was impossible for her to drop out now. I called her, I text her, but she didn’t answer or reply. I waited for her at Apple House that night. How long? I don’t even remember how long. I just remembered when I reached there, the sky was still bright and I waited until one by one of the customers started to leave, the stall was closed but I just don’t want to give up. I stood there for the whole night, praying she would turn up. Of course she didn’t. She just vanished from my life, just like that.

But today, she appeared again. After 9 years, she was standing right in front of me, looking at me with her beautiful eyes again. That familiar face, that familiar gaze and that familiar voice. All those things triggered the strong emotions that were hidden inside of me again. She looked stunned, she looked hesitate but was that fear that I saw in her eyes. But why? Why she was afraid of me? Perhaps because of the little girl standing beside her?

I was right. My mind went blank when she told me that the little girl was her daughter. That little girl who called me ahjussi-oppa was her daughter. She was married and already has a daughter. I laughed at myself silently. What are you waiting for, Lee Min Ho? She was already belongs to another man. But wait. How old is her daughter? She looked small; around 6 years old maybe but she has thalassemia. She might not be as young. If she was older than that, then she was conceived around the time when she left or… after the time she left. So there were only 2 possibilities. One, she met her husband and got pregnant not long after she ran away from me. Two, when she ran away from me... she was already pregnant.

Love,

Min Ho

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Moon Chae Won.” Park Shin Hye uttered softly.

Song Joong Ki looked at Shin Hye in surprised. She even knew about Chae Won?

Chae Won slowly walked towards them and stopped right in front, looking at Shin Hye.  Joong Ki could feel the tension between this two women standing beside him. He was quite sure now that all these must have something to do with Lee Min Ho. He cleared his throat before he looked at Chae Won.

“Min Ho just went up to attend to a patient. I think that was why he didn’t answer your call.” Joong Ki said, breaking the awkward silence.

Chae Won’s face was cold and expressionless. “You mean Min Ho was here just now?” She asked without looking at Joong Ki.

He realized he said something wrong as he looked at Shin Hye, who looked very calm. “Y-Yes.”

Chae Won was silent for a moment before she took a step closer to Shin Hye and let out a cold smile. “Park Shin Hye, long time no see. How have you been?”

Shin Hye laughed softly. How have she been? What a question. “I’m fine. And I’m sure you are great… as always.”

Chae Won smiled again. “Of course I’m great. Life without y…” She paused as she smiled curtly at Shin Hye. “I mean life with Min Ho by my side, of course is great. How long have it been? 9 years, right. I guess you saw Min Ho just now. Did he tell you? We were engaged.” Just few simple words, she was indirectly sending her warning to back off from her fiancé.

Shin Hye could feel her chest tightened when she heard about their engagement and her blood was boiling looking at that smile on Chae Won’s face. She forced herself to put on a calm expression and smiled at her. “Congratulations. But Min Ho didn’t mention anything about you just now. Maybe he was too busy asking about me.”

Joong Ki looked at them with his heartbeat racing. He knew Chae Won very well. If he don’t stop them now, she will lost her control and Min Ho will be in deep trouble. Just listening to how Shin Hye replied to her question, Joong Ki was very sure Shin Hye is not easy to handle too. Just few simple words from her can already pissed Chae Won off.

“Erm… Park Shin Hye-sshi. I think you should go to see your daughter now. We will send her to the normal ward in a short while.” Joong Ki cut them off as he smiled at Shin Hye. “I’ll see you and So Won again later in the afternoon when the blood report is out.”

Chae Won looked shocked and narrowed her eyes at Shin Hye. “Your daughter? You have a daughter?”

Shin Hye let out a deep sigh before looking back at her. “Yes. I have a daughter. So don’t worry about my existent anymore. Because I will not bring you any harm.” She said softly as she thanks Joong Ki before making her way into the ER.

“Wow!” Joong Ki looked at Chae Won and claps his hand softly.

Chae Won glared at him. “What is that supposed to mean?”

“You know what, I always thought physical fight was scary but looking at both of you just now, woman is a creature that I have to be very careful not to step on their tails.” Joong Ki said with a cheeky smile. “Hmmm… except for me, she was the second one who can blow you off just like that. Should I warn Min Ho to hide himself from you?”

Chae Won gave him another piercing glare. “Why is Min Ho here just now? They were both together?”

“Don’t ask me. Ask him yourself. I don’t want to get myself into trouble. I believe our smart and handsome Min Ho will give you a satisfying answer.” He winked at her before he walked away.

Chae Won let out an exasperated sigh before she glared at the ER’s direction. Her heart doesn’t feel good.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

Min Ho was looking mindlessly at the laptop screen when someone knocked on his door. He straightened himself on his chair. “Come in.”

The door opened and it was not his nurse but the one who standing there was Chae Won. He flashed her a warm smile before he looked at his watch. “You were early. I thought we supposed to meet at 5pm. It’s only 3pm now. I still have another appointment with a patient in 30 minutes.”

Chae Won smiled at him as she made her way towards Min Ho. She leaned against his table as she held onto his hand, looking down at him. “I know. I was just worried you forgotten about our dinner tonight. I tried to call you but you didn’t pick up. So I came here to see you.”

Min Ho let out a soft laugh as he caressed her hand. “How can I forget? You said you want to try the new Japanese restaurant in Gangnam.”

Chae Won smiled as she nodded. She then looked at Min Ho again and bit her lips, not sure she should ask him or not. She took a deep breath. “I was looking for you just now and I saw Joong Ki oppa at the ER. And… I saw her.” She said softly, looking deep into his eyes. She felt his hand on hers tensed up and he looked down, avoiding her gaze.

“You saw Park Shin Hye?” Chae Won asked. Whenever she says this name in front of him, she felt like there were thousands of needles piercing into her heart.

“Hmmm.” Min Ho uttered.

“I didn’t know both of you still keep in touch?” Chae Won asked again.

Min Ho sighed as he stood up and was now standing face to face with Chae Won, his hand still holding hers. “We didn’t. I just saw her today. I was in the cafeteria and…” He paused, trying to find the gut to say that word. “Her daughter passed out in the cafeteria. So I helped her and brought her daughter to the ER. She was Joong Ki’s patient.”

Chae Won hates to admit it but she saw the slight pain in his eyes. “You seem that you still care about her and you looked disappointed.”

Min Ho let go of her hand and averted his gaze. He sighed again. “She is married and she has a daughter. And I care for her as a friend.”

“You told me the same thing 9 years ago.” Chae Won said with a challenging tone. “But I caught both of you hugging together. Both of you were locked in the store room for the whole day. And you want me to believe that both of you were just friends?”

Min Ho let out another deep sigh before looking at her. “It was long time ago. As I told you, she is married now and she already has a family. And I have you. Everything was already over 9 years ago.”

“It doesn’t stop both of you even you already have me back then. What’s the difference now? You two can cheat behind my back last time and now you two can still hook up…”

“Enough!” Min Ho cut her off with a stern voice. He took a deep breath and tried hard to calm himself. “It was my fault last time. I know I hurt you but all these years, I’ve tried to do my best and we were fine. You know no matter what happened in the past or present, we will still end up together. That was already an ending that both of us couldn’t change. We were already engaged. Sooner or later, you will be my wife. We will get married and have our own family.”

Chae Won looked at him as tears welled in her eyes. “I’m glad you still know that we were engaged. I just want to warn you, before you plan to do anything reckless again, I hope you still remember I’m your fiancée.” She said as she turned away and walked to the door. She opened it and before she stepped out, she turned to Min Ho again. “There is always something that a man does which a woman can forgive but never forget.”  

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

“Ahjuhma. I’m so sorry.” Park So Won apologized as her lips pouted. Kim Hae Sook her hair as she smiled warmly. “I’m the one who should apologize to So Won. If I didn’t leave you there, you will not be staying in the hospital now.”

Shin Hye looked at Hae Sook and shook her head. “Ahjuhma, please don’t say that. You were so kind to he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter