A Support or An Obstacle?

An Unexpected Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Pain make you stronger, tears make you braver, heartbreak make you wiser. So thank the past for a better future…”

Dear Diary,

I heard people said if love becomes too painful then it’s time to let that love go and save yourself because you will be able to find another love but not another self. Am I painful being with him? I am. It seems like it was only tears when we were together, the past and also the present. But how come I can’t control myself whenever I’m with him. His gaze, his voice, his scent, everything was like a drug to me. I just couldn’t get myself away from him. He is not a love to me now. I realized he is a part of me now.

I told myself I have to be strong. I have to fight for him this time, for me and for So Won. But how long can I stand for this battle? It has only been 2 days but everything has become a mess already. He told me not to worry. He will be there for me, for So Won. Of course I believe him. We were not the kids like 9 years ago anymore. We are an adult now. I believe we can overcome it.  

I’m stronger now but at the same time, I’m weaker too. I can force myself to leave him 9 years ago but I don’t think I have the strength to do the same again. I want to be with him. I want him as much as he wants me. Can I be selfish just for once? Can I have my dream come true just for once? Can I?

Love,

Shin Hye

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

“So Won-ah, who is that?” Park Shin Hye asked as she walked towards the door where her daughter, So Won was standing. Her eyes widened in shock when she saw the person who was standing by the door. Her heart was pounding fast against her chest as her breath quickened. She walked closer to her daughter and pulled So Won to stand behind her.

“What are you doing here?” Shin Hye asked.

Moon Chae Won let out a light smile before she stepped into the house. Her eyes wandered around the house with a disgusted gaze before looking at So Won. She let out a soft chuckled. “This is your daughter, right. She looked beautiful.” She paused as she looked up at Shin Hye. “Just like her parents.” She said with a sarcastic tone and her gaze was full of hatred. Her heart was burning with anger when she heard the maid said Min Ho didn’t come home for 3 nights already. It was easy to check where Shin Hye stay but she couldn’t believe her eyes when she saw Min Ho’s car was parked outside her house early in the morning. It was very obvious he stayed overnight with them for the past 3 nights.

“I asked you, what are you doing in my house?” Shin Hye asked again, looking straight into her eyes. “If I remember correctly, we don’t really like each other that much. I don’t see the reason for you to visit me.”

“Of course we don’t like each other. But somehow, I guess we have something in common. We seem to like the same person since we were still in high school.” She said as she looked at Shin Hye with a curt smile. “But seriously, I never thought you were this scheming. In order to get what you want, you rather give up everything including your future.” She paused and then she smiled again. “Ahh… I guess I’m wrong. This is the future you were planning all along. Using your daughter to get a rich husband, right?”

Shin Hye could feel her blood was boiling inside especially when So Won’s body started to tremble behind her, holding tightly on her hand. She inhaled deeply as she looked at Chae Won with a sharp gaze. “Leave now.”

Chae Won took few steps forward and stopped in front of Shin Hye. “Leave? Why? Because you are hiding something in this house? Or maybe someone?” The sarcastic smile on Chae Won’s face slowly faded. “My fiancé?”

Shin Hye let out a soft chuckle. “You seem to overestimate me, Moon Chae Won. Do you think I’m really that powerful to hide you fiancé here? If he doesn’t willing to stay, do you think I can force him?” She said. Although Shin Hye was smiling but her heart was pounding very fast. She wishes Min Ho wouldn’t come out at this moment. She doesn’t want him to see all this mess. She just hoped Chae Won could leave as soon as possible.

Chae Won’s breathing became heavy and her eyes were red in anger. “Park Shin Hye, why after so many years you still can’t leave us alone? He belongs to me. He is my fiancé. We are getting married soon. Why must you appear at this moment?”

“He doesn’t belong to anybody. If he really loves you no matter what I do he wouldn’t leave you.” Shin Hye paused as she took a deep breath. “Just leave. I don’t want to continue this conversation with you in front of a kid. You are getting…” Shin Hye stopped mid-sentence when a hard slap landed on her face.

“Eomma.” So Won stepped in between them and looked at her mother worriedly. She then turned to Chae Won. “Why did you slap my eomma? Please leave my house; we don’t want to see you.” So Won said as she try to push her away but before she could do so, Chae Won already react faster and pushed her, making So Won fell on the floor and hit her head on the coffee table.

“So Won.” Shi Hye quickly helped her daughter up and checked her head. “Are you okay? Did you hurt anywhere?”

So Won shook her head. She felt a bit dizzy but she was very scared. The woman in front of them was very fierce. She doesn’t want her to hurt her mother.

Shin Hye couldn’t control her anger anymore. She stood up as she turned to face Chae Won and slapped her hard on her face. Chae Won widened her eyes in shock as her hand was holding her face. “You… you… how dare you…?”

“You can say whatever you want to me, you can do whatever you want to me but don’t you dare to touch my daughter.” Shin Hye cut her off with a stern voice.

Chae Won was so angry. Nobody in this world slap her before even her own father. She lifted her hand up and when she was about to give Shin Hye another slap, her hand was held tightly by someone. She was frightened when she saw Min Ho who was glaring at her with a fierce stare. “Don’t you dare to use your hand on her.” He said as he yanked her hand away. He quickly squatted down beside So Won and helped her up. “You okay? Did you hurt anywhere?” He asked worriedly. His heart almost stopped when he saw So Won sitting on the floor when he came out from the washroom with Chae Won standing there who was about to slap Shin Hye.

So Won shook her head as tears welled in her eyes. “She is very rude. She pushed me away and she even slapped eomma.”

Min Ho turned to Shin Hye. His heart ached when he saw her cheek was red. He gently caressed her cheek and asked, “Are you okay?”

Shin Hye yanked his hand away, without looking at him. “You better go to check on your fiancée because I slapped her very hard too.”

Min Ho let out a sigh before he stood up and walked towards Chae Won. “Why are you here? If you need to talk to me you can call me. Don’t ever step into this house again. You better listen carefully. If you hurt them, I’m not going to let you go.” He warned her with a serious tone.

Chae Won looked at him in disbelief. “Lee Min Ho. You said you need time to think about us about what you want to do next. And this is what you want to do next? Cheat behind my back and hide her in this house like a mistress.”

“You better watch your mouth.” Min Ho glared at her before he sighed again. “Please leave. I’ll talk to you later.”

“You…”

“So Won! So Won wake up!”

Chae Won was cut off by Shin Hye when she suddenly screamed. Min Ho quickly turned back to them and saw his daughter fainted in Shin Hye’s embrace. He carried So Won to the couch. He put his fingers at the side of So Won’s neck to check her pulse and leaned his ear against her chest to check her heartbeat.

“She hit her head at the coffee table when she fell down just now.” Shin said worriedly.

Min Ho lifted her head gently and checked thoroughly. “She passed out and I can’t see anything on her head. We have to send her to the hospital now. Take my car key. Kaja.” He said as he carried So Won up and ran towards the door with Shin Hye followed behind him, leaving Chae Won who looked shocked.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Shin Hye’s body was trembling so hard while waiting nervously outside the emergency room. Tears were starting to escape from her eyes.

Min Ho’s heartbroken looking at her like that. He walked towards her and pulled her into his arms. He tightened his arms around her when she tried to break free from him.

Shin Hye gave up from struggling as she buried her face into the crook of his neck, sobbing. “It’s my fault. I should have pushed you away. I shouldn’t have fight for you. I’ve now hurt my daughter and drag her into this mess with me. It’s my fault.” She cried as she hit his chest.

Min Ho closed his eyes as he kissed into her hair. “Shhh… it’s not your fault. It’s mine. I’m sorry. I should have protect both of you from all these. I’m sorry. Please don’t push me away. You promise me we will fight all these together. You can’t give up on me.” He said painfully. He inhaled deeply. “Joong Ki is checking on So Won inside. He won’t let anything happen to her. So Won will be alright.”

Shin Hye stopped hitting him as she wrapped her arms around his waist now. “I can’t lose So Won. You have to save her. No matter how, you have to save her.”

“I will not let anything happen to her. I promise.” He looked at the ER door and sighed silently.

 

“Chae Won.” Kim Mi Kyung called out when she saw her sitting on the bench looking pale.

“Eomeonim.” Chae Won stood up and ran towards her. She hugged her and started to cry.

Kim Mi Kyung her back softly, looking confused. “Chae Won-ah. What happened? Your voice was trembling on the phone and I couldn’t hear you clearly. What you mean of Min Ho cheated on you?”

Chae Won pulled away, still crying. “Eomeonim, you have to help me. I can’t tell appa and abeonim about this because their health is not good. I don’t want to startle them.”

Kim Mi Kyung pulled her over to the bench and held her hand softly. “Don’t worry. You can tell me anything. What happened with you and Min Ho?”

Chae Won looked down as more tears rolled down her cheeks. “The night before I flew to UK, we had our anniversary dinner. He told me he has something to talk to me and I was so happy. I thought he want to discuss about our wedding. But it was not like what I think. He said he need some time to think about us, to think about what he wants in the future. He need some time to be apart.”

“Some time to be apart?” Kim Mi Kyung asked in confusion.

“Yes. At first I thought it was because his job was too busy and he need more time to rest and be alone. But it was not like that. He cheated on me… again.” She said as she bit her lip.

“Cheated on you? I don’t understand.” Kim Mi Kyung looked even confused now.

Chae Won sobbed as she held onto Kim Mi Kyung’s hand. “It’s her again. She came back with her daughter and she claimed she is Min Ho’s daughter.”

Kim Mi Kyung’s heart stopped when she heard what Chae Won just said. Her breathing became heavy as her grip on Chae Won tightened. “What?”

Chae Won nodded her head. “I found her house and when I go there this morning, Min Ho was there with them. I was so angry and I lost my mind. I slapped her and accidentally pushed her daughter. She fainted and was admitted into this hospital.”

“What?!” Kim Mi Kyung pulled her hand away from her as she stood up with her eyes widened in shocked. “Where is she now?”

Chae Won was quite startled by her reaction as she stood up too. “They are waiting at the ER now. I don’t know…”

Without waiting for her to finish her sentence, Kim Mi Kyung ran towards the elevator and rushed to the ER.

 

Min Ho pulled away from Shin Hye as he cupped her cheeks and wiped her tears away with his thumbs. “I’m sorry.” He said softly.

Shin Hye shook her head. “It’s not your…” She stopped mid-sentence when someone walking towards them that caught her attention. Her eyes were locked at that person as her heart started to beat abnormally fast. She pulled away from Min Ho and took a step backward.

Min Ho sensed her changes and followed her gaze. He turned around and saw his mother standing not far away from them. At the same time, Chae Won stepped out of the elevator and stopped behind his mother.

Kim Mi Kyung’s eyes were interlocked with Shin Hye’s as she slowly walked towards her. Min Ho took a step forward and blocked in between them, not letting his mother to go near Shin Hye. Kim Mi Kyung looked up at her son. “You think I’ll hurt her?” She asked.

“You already did.” He said expressionlessly.

Shin Hye took a deep breath before patted softly on Min Ho’s arm. She nodded her head when he turned to her. “It’s okay.”

Min Ho sighed deeply before he moved to the side.

Kim Mi Kyung took another step towards her and before Shin Hye could react. She wrapped her arms around Shin Hye pulling her into a hug. She sighed heavily. “Where have you been all these years? I was looking everywhere for you.”

Chae Won was shocked with her jaw dropped, looking at them. She didn’t know Kim Mi Kyung know Shin Hye and she was even looking everywhere for her. She shook her head slowly, looking in disbelief.

Min Ho was quite shocked with his mother’s reaction too. She looked like she really cares for Shin Hye.

Shin Hye closed her eyes and tears started to rolled down her cheeks again. “I’m sorry. I didn’t keep my promise. I didn’t take good care of So Won.”

Kim Mi Kyung’s froze when she heard what Shin Hye was saying. “What happened to So Won?”

“Thalassemia major.” Min Ho said coldly and looked away.

Kim Mi Kyung pulled away from Shin Hye and looked at her. “When did you find out she have this disease? She was still okay before you bring her away.”

“She was diagnosed with it at her 22 months. She always cried and looked very pale all the time. I thought she was sick and I just brought her to normal clinic but her condition didn’t get better. So I brought her to the hospital and Doctor Jin tested her blood. He confirmed it was thalassemia major and need to have blood transfusion every 21 days.” Shin Hye said.

“Doctor Jin from Busan hospital? You were at Busan all these years?” Kim Mi Kyung asked again.

Shin Hye nodded.

Kim Mi Kyung sighed deeply. Just then, Joong Ki stepped out from the ER room. He looked surprised seeing his auntie there. “Sookmo? Why are you here?” He asked as he looked at Min Ho and Shin Hye.

“How’s So Won?” Kim Mi Kyung asked.

Joong Ki looked even surprised now that his auntie already knew about So Won’s existence. He cleared his throat before he started. “She is already conscious. I did a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter