How Enlightening -

This is Written with her Blood
Masquerade Event 9:03
 
Hyomin and Eunjung quietly perched themselves right above the grand entrance of the masquerade party. The civilians just went past under them, their bodies hidden under the shadows.
 
They quietly observed all the lords and ladies, they've never met or seen. All of them were adorned in expensive silk, sheathed swords with pearl encrusted handles, and beautiful ways to represent themselves uniquely. Their assorted masks glittered brightly under the light of the entrance's candle fire lamps. An orchestra was playing soft music to welcome the guests in with such luxury.
 
"The target is here." Eunjung bumped her elbow against Hyomin's shoulder. She smirked as she pointed down at the victim.
 
Her face wasn't recognizable from the flurry of people. Luckily, she didn't keep her mask on. . instead she held it tightly in one hand.
 
 They slowly walked into the place of strangers, slipping on their masks to cover their faces. Everything glittered like gold and jewels. The sound of chit chatting and occasional feminine giggles and deep chuckles could be heard throughout the ballroom. The ceiling was high and a glass chandelier hung in the center. It reflected different colors on it's clear crystals.
 
"Ah ! Please, do come inside." The talkative guards greeted the pair with a loud and enthusiastic voice. The party had just begun and it was already packed.
 
Hyomin slowly turned her head, watching elders clink wine glasses merrily or showing off their impressive handmade rapiers. Young ones ran around screaming in delight and playing tag along the golden marble floors. Her eyes roamed around the room, only to see the target she once saw at the entrance. She was standing around the crowds of people, a small smile was curved on her face as she chatted civilians she already knew.
 
She turned her head away from the victim, to see a familiar person sitting on one of the finely crafted chairs against the wall.
 
"Look, Soyeon seems to be having quite a good time. . " Hyomin sarcastically chuckled and nodded her head towards the woman of fine luxury. She was pretty with long brown hair and round eyes that glinted with the reflections of the chandelier. The tail of her jacket brushed against the marble flooring. Her saber was tightly bound to the left side of her waist, it's pearly handle showed the money her pockets can hold.
 
Soyeon's face was painted with obvious boredom and no interest of the people surrounding her. She was, along with Eunjung, Hyomin's lookout for tonight.
 
The duo made their way to the fellow assassin, sliding up their masks so that she can see their faces. She gave a cat-like smile, as she looked up at them. "Found this girl. . what's her name again ? Lee Jihyun, A.K.A Qri ?" Eunjung nodded and crossed her arms, pointing her chin down at the center of the ballroom towards the girl. "My, my. . she's a pretty one. But too bad she has to go tonight." Soyeon chuckled meekly and looked at Hyomin. "I. . I guess so." Hyomin agreed.
 
---
 
The orchestra started playing even louder, as masked couples waltzed around. "It's your chance now, go. You know the plan." Eunjung helped Hyomin pull her mask down to disguise herself. "I'll see you later." Soyeon and Eunjung both patted Hyomin, pushing her ever so slightly towards the maiden.
 
She carefully made her way towards stranger, making sure not to bump into anyone and cause a scene. "Okay. . I can do this. Just. . just relax." Hyomin told herself repeatedly, trying to calm her tense body. It wasn't the first time her inner core felt sick to the stomach, when she's out doing requests. Qri was quietly watching the others dance and laugh with each other, wishing someone would come and ask her for a dance.
 
"Watch it, kid." A pot-bellied man gruffed at Hyomin, as she had accidently stepped on his polished shoe. "M-my apologies. . " Hyomin stuttered, now seeing that Qri was just a few steps away. Her back was now towards Hyomin, who raised a shaky hand to tap her shoulder lightly.
 
---