i’m the mothering princess (1/1)

even when you look away ( i know you think of me )

Sehun was ready to punch a in the left nut. Why did he ever tell his friends about liking Jongin? It was the only thing they ever talked about considering they were all s and had nothing else going for any of them. So everyday ever since Sehun was stupid enough to open his mouth all they ever plotted was on how to set up their friend with the school dance prodigy.

There were days he wished he could switch high schools for the sake of not having to deal with any of this bull. He was thankful for his friends but even they could be a bit much to handle sometimes.

“Hey, what are we talking about?” Kyungsoo asked as he sat down. The tallest boy with the big ears didn’t hesitate to reach other and steal a chip. “What the hell, dude?”

“Sehun touched Jongin’s !” Chanyeol the chip stealer accused pointing to the blonde sitting across from him.

“It was an accident! We bumped into each other!” Sehun tried to explain, his face flushing a bright red.

“Can we please talk about something else for once?” Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. “You should really stop trying to cop feels and just say something to him, Sehuna.”

Sehun tried to get a word in edgewise and explain how it was still just an accident but like always this conversation was led by none other than Baekhyun the junior. You’d think being older he would’ve gotten laid by now or at least have decent ideas but just like his freshman and sophomore friends he was just as stupid.

 “So have you figured out how you’re going to confess to him?” Chanyeol asked before gulping down his milk.

“No, Chanyeol. Besides, what does it matter? He has a girlfriend.”

“Okay, first of all we all know Jongin is too gay for his own good and the only reason he’s dating that dumb bimbo is because his mom is making him.”

“Fine, let’s say for a minute he is gay—”

“Which is a 6000% true!” Baekhyun chimed in earning a glare from the younger.

“What makes you think he’d say yes?”

“Because he likes you.” Kyungsoo replied with a bored sigh.

The table went dead silent and all eyes fell on him.

“WHAT?!” They asked in unison.

“I went up to him the other day and told him you liked him. He told me he liked you too. The only reason why he hasn’t spoken to you about it is because you avoid him like the plague and leave dance class too early.”

The friends all exchanged looks before bursting out in hyena like laughter. Even Sehun, because yeah right. Kyungsoo was mean enough to make something like that up.

“Nice one, Soo.” You had me going there for a minute!” Chanyeol giggled.

“I’ve got it.” Baekhyun snapped his finger, eyes wide with enthusiasm. “How do you all feel about Avril Lavigne?”

“WHO!?” they all asked in unison once more.

.

.

.

They were all gathered in Sehun’s bedroom when Baekhyun dropped the bomb. The lord works in mysterious ways he claimed when he told them about how he was walking home and a flyer smacked him in the face. They would be performing in the school talent show in two weeks. He even went as far as to recruit Chinese exchange students, Tao and Luhan ahead of time, who were a bit too eager to help out choreograph the dance.

The big day had arrived and Sehun had managed to fail getting hit by a bus… twice on his way to school.

“This is ridiculous! Sehun, you know I love you man, but this is just too much.” Kyungsoo whined wondering how the hell he allowed anyone to talk him into this. He would swim oceans for any of his friends any day of the week, but this. This was a new low.

 “Yeah, leave it to Baek to get us all girl clothes.”

“The track is titled Girlfriend.” Baekhyun informed them as he finished putting on his eyeliner. "Besides, Kyungsoo you're the one who stole these cheerleaders outfits."

"You didn't tell me we'd be the one wearing them!"

"Why else would I ask you to do something so stupid?"

"I don't know!"

“Wasn’t Chanyeol supposed to change it to Boyfriend?” Sehun sighed as he finished pulling on his skirt.

“My editing skills still aren’t that great, okay?” The giant came in as if summoned holding a CD. “It ended up sounding like a distorted lump of poop and I thought it’d be best to just use the original. Aren’t you a bottom anyway?”

“Chanyeol!” Both Sehun and Kyungsoo shouted.

“What?! Yah, don’t scratch that disk. My noona will murder me!”

”You’re competing against a girl. You gotta start thinking like one,” Baek argued handing them all wigs. “Now, stand still so I can do your make up.”

“I hate you.” Kyungsoo glared. If looks could kill.

“We’re going to be the laughing stock of this school!” Sehun whined.

“Or you’ll go down in history for it and plus you’re trying to get Jongin’s attention remember?”

“You guys are on in 5,” a boy with a headset informed them before walking back to the curtain.

“Ready?” Baekhyun looked from one dolled up face to the next.

“Where goes nothing,” Sehun mumbled.

Once out on stage and in formation, Sehun was handed the mic. Feedback hissed thought the speakers as he looked out into the audience and right smack dead center did he find the one boy he was doing all of this for. “Uh—T-this one goes out to Kim Jongin.. ehem, yeah.”

Jongin sat up in his seat as the auditorium was filled with upbeat rock music and a chorus of Hey! Hey! You! You! I don’t like your girlfriend! began to play.

Keeping in sync the boys followed their steps just how they rehearsed each taking turns to take the spot light. Lip synching the lyrics while twirling the long ends of his fake hair with his finger Sehun started them off. Body waves were Kyungsoo’s cue to take the lead, followed by Baekhyun’s shoulder shimmy leaving Chanyeol to lead the y hip swaying. Jongin eyes never once left the boy with the rainbow hair. Throwing in a bend and snap move, it was Luhan and Tao who carried out the wrist flicks followed by booty shaking and inner thigh slapping; even Kyungsoo looked like he was having fun as he twirled all around the stage.

When the song came to an end there was uproar of laughter and cheering, mixed with applause and whistling. Not one person was left in their chair and even Krystal was whooping throwing a fist in the air unaware that the performance was indeed talking about her.

.

.

.

“You know you didn’t have to go through all that trouble.” Jongin smiled as they walked home his sweater draped around Sehun’s shoulders. He managed to find him after the show backstage and offered to walk him home.

“I didn’t?”

“Not that I didn’t enjoy seeing you prance around in a cheerleader’s uniform,” Jongin chuckled. “But you could’ve just told me.”

“Leave it to Baekhyun to either go big or go home.”

“I already knew you liked me.”

“Y-you did? How? Am I really that obvious?”

“I had my suspicions,” Jongin nodded. “But the little one—.. Kyungsoo? Confirmed it when he told me.”

Sehun couldn’t help but laughed because of course. Leave it to Kyungsoo, the only on in the group to go out of his way and try to do things without making such a big deal out of it. He was a much better friend than Sehun had given him credit for.

“And the truth is, I like you too, Sehun.”

“Really?” Sehun smiled. “Wait, what about Krystal?”

There was a soft sigh. “I’ll never understand why people think we’re dating. She’s my cousin, she sticks to me like glue because she thinks it’s cute, but trust me I’d prefer your company over hers any day.”

“That would’ve been nice to know before I decided to make a fool of myself in front of the whole school.”

Jongin chuckled. “Anyone who’s willing to go that far just to ask me out.. would get a definite yes. On one condition..”

“What?”

“Be my boyfriend. I don’t really like girls,” Jongin teased causing Sehun to roll his eyes but nod in agreement.

“um— this is me.” Sehun paused and pointed to the house beyond the chain linked fence. “Guess I’ll text you tomorrow. We should do something.”

“I’ll be waiting. Goodnight, Sehun.” Jongin nodded before turning to walk home.

“Hey, Jongin!” Sehun called out.

The other stopped in his tracks and turned back only to be met by a pair of lips. “Goodnight.” Sehun smiled shyly before running up the steps and into the house.

Jongin was left standing there like an idiot. He had only kissed one other person in his life and that was when he was in the 2nd grade. He pressed his fingertips to his lips as a smile stretched across his face. He turned back once more and started down the sidewalk with a small skip in his step. Little did he know he was being spied on from behind a bush.

“Told you he was gay,” Baekhyun said while holding up his binoculars while Kyungsoo and Chanyeol shared a tray of nachos.  

Fin.