Upon Gilded Wings

2024[Currently Discontinued]

For once, sleep came to the man with ease and care. His dreams held more importance than his worries about the wretched ways of the nation. Whether or not he could see the mysterious female again in real life, he could always come back to her in his dreams where his life with her was free to do whatever they pleased. He lived in a world where it was basically illegal just thinking of freedom, but the emotions he felt at the unbearable short moments with her made him feel the desire to be free. She was his drive the get out of the world he was in. She gave him the courage to work toward destroying the foundations of the nation, wrecking the unfair social hierarchy, and giving the proles a nation for them to flourish in.

In the morning,  he woke up feeling refreshed, and animated. He went above and beyond with completing his daily exercises. Nothing was going to stop him. Everything were just all minor bumps along the path till he arrived once again at the daily executions. It had been ages since he looked forward to the death of his fellow proles, and he didn't take the time to look at how hypocritical his actions were. He anxiously stood in wait, and in hopes to see the female one more time. It was a lot to ask for and dangerous at the same time; however, he was tired of skirting along the edges of his sanity to remain alive. Whether this female desired to make the escape with him, he was going to go out on a limb with the one hope of getting a life he would actually enjoy.

As his eyes wandered the large crowd in search for the female, she once against arrived beside him. Her hands slipped into his as if to quickly send him a note once against, but unlike last time, he didn't let her hand go. Tightly gripping upon the smooth and petite hand of the female, he was not going to let her leave his side. The crowd's eyes were focused on nothing but the proceedings before them, and grabbing ahold of the opportunity, Leo pulled her out of the edge of the large crowd to the alleyway behind then, while being cautious to avoid stumbling over glass bottles that decorated the grimy cobbled stone. He moved fast, and he was sure in the quick tug toward a wide dark crevice that he avoided the touch of Big Brother.

Once he was sure they were safe from the view of others, his touch on her instantly softened. His hand reached up to her skin affectionately. Shock remained upon her visage for a good moment, but after taking a moment for her to comprehend what had occurred, Leo was graced with one of the sweetest of smiles he had ever seen. He didn't know what to do know now that he had her to himself, but as he felt her small arms creep around his neck, he wrapped his arms around her tiny waist and pulled her to him. Leo could have sworn this was one of the best moments of his life. Her head rested upon his chest, while his cheeks painted red with embarrassment as he was sure that she could sense the rapid beating of his heart.

To Leo's surprise, he heard a quiet mumble leave her lips. "Sojin." He barely managed to understand what she said, but he engraved her name into his mind and heart. There was no going back, and with her in his arms, he was going to fight to keep her there. "Leo." He stated proudly, and he pulled back just enough so one hand could reach up and tilt her chin up toward him. His forehead leaned forward to rest against hers. His hand cupped her cheek gently, and as he was leaning in so that his lips could press firmly upon hers, the loud applause from the audience pulled him away from her. The end had arrived, and while he wished he could have achieved the ultimate form of affection upon her, he took her hands into his own and lifted them up so that each of her hands received attention from his lips.

"Meet me here at midnight. Pack what you need."

She nodded her head instantly before she leaned up to kiss his cheek and disappear from his sight. She was gone once again, but he finally was going to do something about that. For now, he just needed to blend in with the crowd. No one knew he disappeared. No one care, and no one will. This was something that he was pleased about. He walked back to his home, and beneath his brown eyes lied that rebellious spark awaiting to finally explode. All he knew now was that if this was how it felt to feel alive, he would put up a fight before anyone could take away this feeling and the woman who caused it.